General Gaming News.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Gonna say, this actually isn't looking bad at all. At least from the trailer.

We'll see how the other 88 minutes of the movie are when it comes out.
Since both of the Sonic movies did great and boosted off their own continuity, then it's more than likely Illumination will do great with this movie. I know it's popular to hate on the studio, but they make money and usually know what they're doing. I don't like all their movies either, but the hatred is way overboard. I'm not saying you're part of that group, but something I have to point out. After seeing the full trailer, I think this movie is going to be fine. I have less concern here than I did for the first Sonic movie with its horrible trailer. When this movie does great, it'll be open season for all video game movies and adaptions. I'm still waiting to see what the Streets of Rage movie trailer will look like. All I ask is that they please bring in the elemental/ki attacks, and don't make it all guns. Keep the martial arts in wrestling. Go crazy with it. Avoid "realism".

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Since both of the Sonic movies did great and boosted off their own continuity, then it's more than likely Illumination will do great with this movie. I know it's popular to hate on the studio, but they make money and usually know what they're doing. I don't like all their movies either, but the hatred is way overboard. I'm not saying you're part of that group, but something I have to point out.
I don't have any opinion on the sonic movies, mostly since I'm ambivalent to Sonic in general and haven't seen them, though I'm glad people enjoyed them and I've heard they're pretty good.

Though if this is the sonic studio then that does give some confidence that they'll do right by the Mario movie.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Though if this is the sonic studio then that does give some confidence that they'll do right by the Mario movie.
Different Studios. The Sonic movies are done by Paramount. The movies were contracted by two different CGI animation Studios that have nothing to do with Illumination.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

I am happy.
What could it be? More on FF16? New content on FF14? How he will sedate Nomura's madness in KH4? Or that he'll be replacing Kitase's tyrannical rule over FF7: Rebirth? Or perhaps he's bringing the band together with Sakaguchi and Uematsu?

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
What could it be? More on FF16? New content on FF14? How he will sedate Nomura's madness in KH4? Or that he'll be replacing Kitase's tyrannical rule over FF7: Rebirth? Or perhaps he's bringing the band together with Sakaguchi and Uematsu?
My guess is an FF16 trailer and release date, since those rumor have already been trending.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Valve giving away 1 Steam Deck every minute during the Game Awards
Rules: said:
You must register to enter the drawing and be watching The Game Awards on Steam to be eligible to win.

To register, you must be in the US, Canada, UK, or the EU, have made purchase on Steam between November 14, 2021 and November 14, 2022 to verify the country, be in good standing, and not have a limited account. Learn about limited accounts.

On December 8th at 5PM PST when The Game Awards airs, every minute a random name will be drawn from the pool of registrants currently watching the show on Steam.

We will be streaming The Game Awards at https://steam.tv - winner will be announced in chat as each drawing takes place.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Not to people in... well, a lot of places, including me so fuck Valve. In all their faceholes.
Yeah, its limited to the countries in which Valve is directly selling the Steam Deck i.e. Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Germany, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, and the United States

I'm technically eligible, but 5pm PST is 2am in my neck of the woods, I'm working friday, and I need my sleep. Besides, I already have a pc and a Switch, so I don't have real need for a Deck, it'd just be a neat thing to have. Also, pretty sure watching the Game Awards would irritate the crap out of me.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Valve giving away 1 Steam Deck every minute during the Game Awards
Don't a lot of places have laws against giveaways that require a purchase to have been made? I know it's not a direct "you gotta buy something right now to enter" but this seems like it brushes up kind of close.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Don't a lot of places have laws against giveaways that require a purchase to have been made? I know it's not a direct "you gotta buy something right now to enter" but this seems like it brushes up kind of close.
True, but I don't know whether that applies here. I get why Valve made that rule tho, it's to curtail bots/smurf accounts from entering.