Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

Looks like our good friends at Blizzard are getting booted out of China on the 23rd as negotiations have failed.
Inb4 NetEase announces a new hero shooter that looks like Overwatch, sounds like Overwatch, plays like Overwatch, but is called, idk, Uberguardians or whatever.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Inb4 NetEase announces a new hero shooter that looks like Overwatch, sounds like Overwatch, plays like Overwatch, but is called, idk, Uberguardians or whatever.
It wouldn't surprise me. It's not like they need some American company to farm China for cash, especially when they are perfectly capable of making "legally different" rip offs anyway.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I like you Flynn, but I don't trust Konami at all. This is not good news.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020

No objections, fill ya boots!

Union workers at Ubisoft Paris have been called to strike in response to CEO Yves Guillemot's comments to employees that "the ball was in their court' following disappointing financial results in the company's most recent quarter.

"Today more than ever, I need your full energy and commitment to ensure we get back on the path to success," Guillemot wrote in an email to employees last week. "I am also asking that each of you be especially careful and strategic with your spending and initiatives, to ensure we're being as efficient and lean as possible. The ball is in your court to deliver this line-up on time and at the expected level of quality, and show everyone what we are capable of achieving."

In response to those comments, the Ubisoft Paris chapter of workers union Solidaires Informatique has now called for strike action on Friday, 27th January, writing, "The ball is in our court (but the money stays in his pocket)".

Solidaires Informatique's statement accuses Guillemot of trying to "shift the blame (once again) onto the employees", saying that the CEO's calls for employees to "give it our all" and to "be efficient and lean as possible" would lead to overtime, managerial pressure, and burnout.

"If the request to employees to be 'especially careful and strategic with your spending' is supposed to be ironic considering the company's editorial strategy of the last few years, it is not funny," it wrote. "When Mr. Guillemot speaks of 'attrition' and 'organisational adjustments', it means: staff reductions, discreet studio closures, salary cuts, disguised layouts, etc.".

Solidaires Informatique also accuses Guillemot of asking "a lot from his employees, but without any compensation". To that end, it's making four demands of Ubisoft:

• An immediate 10% increase for all salaries, regardless of annual increases, to compensate for inflation
  • Improved working conditions with a particular focus on the implementation of a four-day week
  • Transparency on the evolution of the local and global workforce
  • A "strong commitment against disguised dismissals and a condemnation of abusive managerial policies that push employees to resign"
The statement also makes specific references to the developers behind Mario and Just Dance, asking, "What has been put in place for the teams that come out of the production exhausted?".

"Because Mr. Guillemot and his clique only understand the relationship of power," Solidaires Informatique concludes, "[we] are calling on the employees of Ubisoft Paris to go on strike on Friday 27th Jnary in the afternoon, from 2 to 6pm."

Ubisoft declined Eurogamer's request for comment when approached for hits story.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

I got excited for like 5 secs, then I realized it was rainbow six siege. And then I realized it's a fucking skin.

Sigh.....

Reactions: BrawlMan

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
This is gonna leave so many people at 30 fps.
CINEMATIC!

Looks like our good friends at Blizzard are getting booted out of China on the 23rd as negotiations have failed.
D'ya think Blizzard will rethink its priorities and commit itself to artistic integrity and freedom of... of... bwaaaaahahaha. Dangit, I couldn't finish with a straight face.

I mean, would a voice actor have any sort of inside line into the process unless the developers specifically gave them info?

Reactions: Dalisclock

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Even with Kojima the franchise has seen its day. But, chances are the safe bet is a Bluepoint remake of the original game. Or maybe plans for the first three games if the response is swell enough.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
More gameplay on each playable characters on Dead Island 2:

I wonder why all of them are so melee-focused for all of them? Kinda wish I saw more of their abilities and builds
Cool but this game can't possibly be good right? For as long as it's been in development, there is no way this pulls through in good shape right?

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
And in today's Episode of Xbox doesn't know what the fuck it is doing......
Recession my ass! I have a feeling that Microsoft is going to bow out of the console market at some point. They can't get beyond XBOX and 360 era mindset.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Cool but this game can't possibly be good right? For as long as it's been in development, there is no way this pulls through in good shape right?
Alas, that seems to be the trend. You want to believe it was delayed nearly a decade as they tirelessly perfected their vision when, in fact, it was more than likely sitting a shelf somewhere for several years, and they decided to dust it off instead of starting from scratch with something new. The first couple of Dead Islands were actually solid, dumb fun; me and a buddy 100%'d both together over the course of a weekend, and really enjoyed them, but it's the type of game that's just ripe for opportunities for microtransactions which kills any chance I'll even look it's way when it shuffles onto shelves like Frankenstein's monster.