Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Alas, that seems to be the trend. You want to believe it was delayed nearly a decade as they tirelessly perfected their vision when, in fact, it was more than likely sitting a shelf somewhere for several years, and they decided to dust it off instead of starting from scratch with something new. The first couple of Dead Islands were actually solid, dumb fun; me and a buddy 100%'d both together over the course of a weekend, and really enjoyed them, but it's the type of game that's just ripe for opportunities for microtransactions which kills any chance I'll even look it's way when it shuffles onto shelves like Frankenstein's monster.
I can think of like 1 game that took 10 years to make that turned out good and that was the Last Guardian.

At least I liked it. I know a lot of other people didn't like it and they have legit reason to not like it(Such as Trico basically doing whatever he wants sometimes and it's a lot like trying to herd a cat) but the game has quality to it and isn't hot garbage.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

This might explain why china didnt want to continue with blizzard. They just said "fuck it, we will make one ourselves."

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Also it was a nice surprise this morning to see that the Persona 3 and 4 bundle is now available on ps4/,xbox/switch and it is only 30 bucks for both games. I expected 50 but hey ill take it cheaper.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Also it was a nice surprise this morning to see that the Persona 3 and 4 bundle is now available on ps4/,xbox/switch and it is only 30 bucks for both games. I expected 50 but hey ill take it cheaper.
Are those dual audio or dub only?

Also apparently the p3 version is not FES, which is all kinds of confusing to me lol.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
P3 is dual audio, i assume p4 is also.
Ok neat, finally you can play those gems in the original audio without having to have a modded ps2/psp. Funny story but p3 was the first game I ever played an undub of back in like 2006. Now that was an era of gaming for me alright, not knowing enough JP to import from Japan but knowing enough to be grossed out by dubs lol.

I might get em eventually if I feel like a replay.

Reactions: Dalisclock

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Ok neat, finally you can play those gems in the original audio without having to have a modded ps2/psp. Funny story but p3 was the first game I ever played an undub of back in like 2006. Now that was an era of gaming for me alright, not knowing enough JP to import from Japan but knowing enough to be grossed out by dubs lol.

I might get em eventually if I feel like a replay.
Funny story, I found a video that teaches some Japanese through FF7 and now it's the only Japanese I speak.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
Funny story, I found a video that teaches some Japanese through FF7 and now it's the only Japanese I speak.
Aeris speaks very...hmm...feminine ladylike japanese, if you're not a young woman you may not wanna use her speech idioms haha. But yeah I took classes and stuff for years, games are great for immersion but you need like a good baseline first to fully tap into that. First FF I imported and played raw was XIII cause by then I had leveled up enough to not need an undub (and modding a ps3 was a lot harder too which I never did) but by then I had been studying for like 5ish years already. Also a big thing is how much voice acting a game has and how much reading it requires since Kanji learning takes a lot longer than building vocabulary. Early on if a game had only partial voice acting it'd be harder to play raw, but by the time persona 5 was coming out in Japan, in like 2016, I was able to handle its ton of unvoiced reading.

Also once you are at that level and play an english version of something that has Jp audio you get to spot translation errors or censored bits left and right. Feels quite liberating to know someone was trying to baby you and show you a sanitized or politically correct version of something but you foiled their attempt through sheer determination lol.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Aeris speaks very...hmm...feminine ladylike japanese, if you're not a young woman you may not wanna use her speech idioms haha. But yeah I took classes and stuff for years, games are great for immersion but you need like a good baseline first to fully tap into that. First FF I imported and played raw was XIII cause by then I had leveled up enough to not need an undub (and modding a ps3 was a lot harder too which I never did) but by then I had been studying for like 5ish years already. Also a big thing is how much voice acting a game has and how much reading it requires since Kanji learning takes a lot longer than building vocabulary. Early on if a game had only partial voice acting it'd be harder to play raw, but by the time persona 5 was coming out in Japan, in like 2016, I was able to handle its ton of unvoiced reading.

Also once you are at that level and play an english version of something that has Jp audio you get to spot translation errors or censored bits left and right. Feels quite liberating to know someone was trying to baby you and show you a sanitized or politically correct version of something but you foiled their attempt through sheer determination lol.
Im not taking learning japanese that seriously. Ive picked up some from all these Yakuza games though. Generally i prefer to play in a language i understand regardless of dub quality. I just thought it was a neat trick to use ff7 to teach ppl japanese in that video. And i dont believe the guy is using female specific phrases.

Ive heard the term "Dozo" a lot in yakuza as well. Which means "after you" or "you first", "come on in" stuff like that.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
We need to talk about (or to) war thunder's fanbase.

More military documents have been leaked on the War Thunder forum this week - not once, but twice.

Leaking classified military documents has sadly been a frequent occurrence in the forums of the MMO combat game, most recently last June, by demanding players who expect realism from the game.

Earlier this week, military documents relating to the F-16 fighter jet were shared by a player attempting to win an argument.

Then, over a dozen system manuals for the F-15E US strike fighter plane were leaked - a vehicle that isn't even in the game yet.

Even if the documents are declassified, these leaks fall under the jurisdiction of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), which limits the disclosure of US weapons data.

Moderators on the War Thunder forum have since deleted the posts.

Details of the posts have been shared on reddit, beneath which the subreddit moderator has warned: "if any of you idiots leak any export restricted or classified documents in this subreddit, I will personally shut this place down for a week to make the person responsible think long and hard about their life choices.

"WT is a video game. Stop committing federal crimes over internet arguments about it."

Developer Gaijin Entertainment is yet to publicly comment, but the news comes in the wake of a fresh update that comes with a number of bug fixes.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
We need to talk about war thunder's fanbase.

Are all these dumbasses just trying to one up the last guy? This is the problem with people who want "realism" in nearly all their media. It's a similar reason why I dislike the modern military shooter in seventh generation. These people just can't let it go and have actual fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
Im not taking learning japanese that seriously. Ive picked up some from all these Yakuza games though. Generally i prefer to play in a language i understand regardless of dub quality. I just thought it was a neat trick to use ff7 to teach ppl japanese in that video. And i dont believe the guy is using female specific phrases.

Ive heard the term "Dozo" a lot in yakuza as well. Which means "after you" or "you first", "come on in" stuff like that.
Douzo can mean also "here you go" when you pour someone a drink, kinda like a "feel free to proceed" catchall. Very context-reliant.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Douzo can mean also "here you go" when you pour someone a drink, kinda like a "feel free to proceed" catchall. Very context-reliant.
That's the thing that makes Japanese so fucking hard to learn, the same shit can mean so many different things depending on how they're said. I'll often pick out specific words that I feel like I know what they mean, but the subtle is different and it's not because of a bad sub, it's because of the context of the phrase. It's so difficult to keep track of.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Forspoken's review embargo is set

If you are curious about why that specific date, it's because it's one day before the launch. It just keeps checking off lists of signs of a bad game; Ridiculous optimization on pc, multiple delays, denuvo, huge file size of 150 GB, multiple delays, and now this.