United States
Reactions: BrawlMan

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Well, at the very least the game isn't being taken away from those who already own it. Doesn't save me from feeling terrified of this trend becoming more common

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Well, at the very list the game isn't being taken away from those who already own it. Doesn't save me from feeling terrified of this tread becoming more common
I suspect physical copies are going to start going up now. I have no interests in the game, but it does not sit right with me. Jim just talked about this before and earlier this week.

Reactions: FakeSympathy
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
There's over a dozen licensed songs in that game, so I'm guessing those are the licenses that expired, hence the delisting.
*Looks back into recent memory…*

“Bububut you’ll still get to keep it forever! You won’t lose anything we swear!!”

- Digital only pushers.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
*Looks back into recent memory…*

“Bububut you’ll still get to keep it forever! You won’t lose anything we swear!!”

- Digital only pushers.
It is not as if physical ownership is forever either.
None of the games i carefully stored on floppy discs all those years ago work anymore and i can't read most of the really old CD-ROMs either.

And when a game is removed from a store, it usually only means it can't be bought anymore and you can still download if you purchased earlier.

It is different for games that need a server running somewhere. Those tend to shut down forever when new sales (and microtransactions) can't cover operational costs.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It is not as if physical ownership is forever either.
None of the games i carefully stored on floppy discs all those years ago work anymore and i can't read most of the really old CD-ROMs either.

And when a game is removed from a store, it usually only means it can't be bought anymore and you can still download if you purchased earlier.

It is different for games that need a server running somewhere. Those tend to shut down forever when new sales (and microtransactions) can't cover operational costs.
Which makes video game preservation all the more important. My Sega genesis games Game Boy games, and my PS2 & GC all still work.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
There are reasons why 'live service' is an immediate turn-off for me, and all my consoles that can be jailbroken, are so.
And I used not get why people played Sport games, especially Madden or Fifa. I really don't get people who defend live service practices.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Well, here we go with Sony State of Play.

First off is Helldivers 2. Definitely one of those "made for streaming" vibe game. Like, it's going really hard with co-op gameplay. Pass for me, though,

Stellar Blade. And as I've said before, I am proud to see all these Korean-devs finally making games on global scale, without being involved with Nexon or Netease. And it looks really good. The OST is definitely giving me a k-pop vibe lol. It's also beautiful to see Korean devs working with Japanese publishers and putting all hte political and historical bullshit behind them.

Hmm, a new Sonic game w/ Shadow. Come to think of it, when was the last time we had playable Shadow?

You call it "Foamstars". We call it "Not-Splatoon"

Dave the Diver, now with Godzilla.

Silent Hill: The Short Message, actually being released later today. It looks really good and homage to classic J-horrors.

Finally gameplay on SH2 Reamke. NGL it has an uncanny resemblance to recent RE games. But it still looks good.

Judas, a game by creators of Bioshock. And you can tell that. It seems to share lots of DNA from those games. Will probably check it out once it's released.

A Metro Awakening, a VR game?

Dragon's Dogma 2 is looking great. Now can we NOT have the Enigma DRM?

Rise of Ronin looks amazing. Definitely looks better designed open-world than any of the Ubisoft games

Until Dawn coming to PS5 and PC. Sure I'll take it

Death Stranding 2 looks more defined and fleshed out in terms of world-building. But since this is a Kojima game, I'm sure we'll get to see stuff that only makes sense after smoking some serious weed. And I think they are teasing some sort of film-production?

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Judas and the Silent Hill remake (great hipster band name) are the only two things I'm interested in, even if it just looks like more BioShock and more Resident Evil 4. They were merely announced to be "in development" though, no date.

MIght give Dave the Diver a shot too.

Other than that everything else is already starting to blend together.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Oh look, George Miller is in Kojima's new game. *sigh* You're over 50 years old dude, stop it with the small dick energy. At this point his games are just really expensive 'LOOK AT ME, I know people in HOLLYWOOD; AREN"T I COOL' neon signs. The trailer itself already gave me a headache, I can't imagine what playing the actual game would do to me.

And give the Silent Hill 2 remake (which it didn't even need in the first place, just a re-release) to a generic western studio, in true Japanese fashion, and it ends up looking like a generic third-person game. Who'da thunk? Konami can't be trusted to boil water.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Gods, it does look "we've got RE4 at home". And Silent Hill really, really shouldn't.
Yeah, made Silent Hill look like a painfully generic shooter. And they showcased it in like the tackiest way possible, with that ending montage of all the supposed "varied" action ramping up to the same clip of James shooting the same enemy or pushing X to not die.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Gods, it does look "we've got RE4 at home". And Silent Hill really, really shouldn't.
The Short Message actually looks much more interesting, and arguably better even visually. I never expected much from friggin Bloober Team and it’s unfortunate Konami went cheap in trusting a relatively unproven group with such a beloved classic. This will likely be the most derivative remake we’ve seen yet at best.