General Gaming News.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
After having been roped in by a younger family member, I tried Fortnite this weekend and saw that they're running a Spider-Man promotional event which includes web shooters for slinging.

And dare I say, it's tons of fun, more fun than in PS4's Marvel's Spider-Man as there's more manual aiming involved.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
After having been roped in by a younger family member, I tried Fortnite this weekend and saw that they're running a Spider-Man promotional event which includes web shooters for slinging.

And dare I say, it's tons of fun, more fun than in PS4's Marvel's Spider-Man as there's more manual aiming involved.

I rather just play Miles Morales again or some of the older Spider-Man games on 360/PS3.

Reactions: Fallen Soldier

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
How about $90? Cuz that's what they expect us euro folk to pay. Granted, that's sales tax included, but even taking that into account, they still charge us about 5 bucks more.
Over here, it's not uncommon for a new AAA game to go for $100-110. :(

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Die.

How about canceling the game? You can't find any staff, because the people in charge are shit.

Another important figure to Nintendo's success has passed. Rest in peace.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Over here, it's not uncommon for a new AAA game to go for $100-110. :(
That $90 I mentioned was 80 EUR converted to USD. In AUD that would be ~125.

Tho I've seen mention that it'll be 115 AUD for you aussies. Haven't been able to confirm tho, because the Epic Store locks your account to a country when you make a purchase (which I haven't, but their giveaways count as one), and changing it requires going through customer support and can only be done once every 6 months.

I'm actually curious how much Squenix is going to charge you tho. Would you mind checking and getting back to me?

Reactions: BrawlMan

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia

Tho I've seen mention that it'll be 115 AUD for you aussies. Haven't been able to confirm tho, because the Epic Store locks your account to a country when you make a purchase (which I haven't, but their giveaways count as one), and changing it requires going through customer support and can only be done once every 6 months.

I'm actually curious how much Squenix is going to charge you tho. Would you mind checking and getting back to me?
Epic Games isn't giving a value. I checked some sites though, and it's between $100-$115 AUD.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Epic Games isn't giving a value. I checked some sites though, and it's between $100-$115 AUD.
Right, forgot EGS doesn't show the price until release date. How about Forspoken on Steam, that got the same next gen price?

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Yep, 115 AUD.
A little cheaper than ours, but that's because you have a lower sales tax rate. Deduct those, and it's actually about the same net price. Tho we'd both get shafted, cuz converted to USD we'd both pay a little under 5 more compared to the yanks. Not as bad as the Japanese tho, cuz they'll comparetively need to lay down 10 more.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Look. Pete. Petey, my man. We've only put up with you this long because you're a fountain of sad memes that never dries up. But this? This is a one-way ticket to Fuckoff Town.
Don’t worry because like all his other games it won’t live up to the hype. Considering there won’t be any hype for such a stupid idea it might ironically end up his greatest (not) success.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

The REmake is confirmed to be $70 on the EGS. They first put up the wishlist page with the price and then removed it a few hours later. People are crying about the price because they feel like it should be cheaper on PC than it is on Ps5 still to this day. But frankly we've had next gen pricing for over a year now, 70 bucks is going to be the price going forward and if people don't like it just wait a couple months for the game to go on sale and buy it then.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
But frankly we've had next gen pricing for over a year now, 70 bucks is going to be the price going forward and if people don't like it just wait a couple months for the game to go on sale and buy it then.
They have every right to complain about it and I don't blame them. Yes, we can all wait for a price drop, and I definitely will, but it doesn't mean I'm going to criticize it any less. It's bull crap now, and it was bull crap back then, when they just applied the price hike to HD.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
The REmake is confirmed to be $70 on the EGS. They first put up the wishlist page with the price and then removed it a few hours later. People are crying about the price because they feel like it should be cheaper on PC than it is on Ps5 still to this day. But frankly we've had next gen pricing for over a year now, 70 bucks is going to be the price going forward and if people don't like it just wait a couple months for the game to go on sale and buy it then.
Nah, I'm a cheap ass gamer and don't buy AAA at anything higher than €30. A couple month's wait at a base price of €80 will get discounts of 20-25%, maybe 33%, tho even 50% would not be enough to make the cut. It'd have to be 66-75% before I'd consider buying, that'll probably take a couple years. Well, not FF7RE on pc because that's EGS exclusive and I vehemently refuse to buy from them, but €80 games in general.

I suspect these global price hikes will turn a lot more people to the grey market in the days to come. Maybe a resurgence in piracy too.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
They have every right to complain about it and I don't blame them. Yes, we can all wait for a price drop, and I definitely will, but it doesn't mean I'm going to criticize it any less. It's bull crap now, and it was bull crap back then, when they just applied the price hike to HD.

Games have always bounced between 40-70 dollars. This isn't new, the industry has just decided on a consistant price for the next generation. Games have ALWAYS been about this price, it's not new, it's not higher than it has been in the past.

Nah, I'm a cheap ass gamer and don't buy AAA at anything higher than €30. A couple month's wait at a base price of €80 will get discounts of 20-25%, maybe 33%, tho even 50% would not be enough to make the cut. It'd have to be 66-75% before I'd consider buying, that'll probably take a couple years. Well, not FF7RE on pc because that's EGS exclusive and I vehemently refuse to buy from them, but €80 games in general.

I suspect these global price hikes will turn a lot more people to the grey market in the days to come. Maybe a resurgence in piracy too.
I still don't understand the EGS hate. Why are people fine with console exclusives, but PC exclusives are like a big no-no. I don't get it. Whatever floats your boat though. With FF7R being on EGA there is a chance it'll be one of their free games eventually. Hell PSN already gave the PS4 version of the game away for free back in April. And it's like you said, just wait a bit and the game with be $40 no problem soon enough.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Games have always bounced between 40-70 dollars. This isn't new, the industry has just decided on a consistant price for the next generation. Games have ALWAYS been about this price, it's not new, it's not higher than it has been in the past.

I still don't understand the EGS hate. Why are people fine with console exclusives, but PC exclusives are like a big no-no. I don't get it. Whatever floats your boat though. With FF7R being on EGA there is a chance it'll be one of their free games eventually. Hell PSN already gave the PS4 version of the game away for free back in April. And it's like you said, just wait a bit and the game with be $40 no problem soon enough.
I know that shit already. Don't bother telling me stuff I already know. That was the cartridge days and cartridges were expensive as hell back then. Anything could range between $40 to $100. With Neo Geo games being $100 at the cheapest at best, it went higher at that to sometimes $200 or $300 at worst. This is not the cartridge days anymore. Sony is the one that made the standard $50 for cd-based games, as it was a compromise and cheaper option. CDs are easier and cheaper to make. That's why we have them now. I know DVDs and then blu-rays, but I'm just pointing out an example. They didn't need to be $60, it's just a scam thing convince people to fork over more money. Now they're doing the same thing again. These games are cheaper to make for the most part and are only expensive because these AAA companies got in their head that everything needs to be highly detailed or else they won't make a profit. You're not convincing me because it's still bull crap and I don't listen to gunk that tries to get into my ear with stupidity and nonsense. I'm not referring that to you by the way, I'm referring to the bull crap industries been scammy and selling.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I’ve posted this before but it’s worth a refresh -

Probably the most comprehensive, impartial analysis on the subject of game costs.

Yeah, a lot of big pub’s are taking advantage of monetizing and such, and that kinda stuff isn’t needed to succeed, but for many “normal” or “more ethical” studios out there things aren’t getting any easier. Basically a sea change of philosophy between seller and consumer needs to occur for them to continue competing for the market share they deserve.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I know that shit already. Don't bother telling me stuff I already know. That was the cartridge days and cartridges were expensive as hell back then. Anything could range between $40 to $100. With Neo Geo games being $100 at the cheapest at best, it went higher at that to sometimes $200 or $300 at worst. This is not the cartridge days anymore. Sony is the one that made the standard $50 for cd-based games, as it was a compromise and cheaper option. CDs are easier and cheaper to make. That's why we have them now. I know DVDs and then blu-rays, but I'm just pointing out an example. They didn't need to be $60, it's just a scam thing convince people to fork over more money. Now they're doing the same thing again. These games are cheaper to make for the most part and are only expensive because these AAA companies got in their head that everything needs to be highly detailed or else they won't make a profit. You're not convincing me because it's still bull crap and I don't listen to gunk that tries to get into my ear with stupidity and nonsense. I'm not referring that to you by the way, I'm referring to the bull crap industries been scammy and selling.
Well as i have been telling people on Reddit who are complaining about this:

Nobody NEEDS a game day 1. If you disagree with the price just wait for a sale, or hell on pc you can aqquire it "other ways" if you really don't feel like you should give money to scum companies.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Well as i have been telling people on Reddit who are complaining about this:

Nobody NEEDS a game day 1. If you disagree with the price just wait for a sale, or hell on pc you can aqquire it "other ways" if you really don't feel like you should give money to scum companies.
If I may put words in Brawlman's mouth, I don't think he's angry because he's having to pay more for games he wants, given his interests and what he's said before, I think most games he's interested in aren't the ones seeing the price hike. His actual issue is one of principles; not only are AAA games getting bloated with unnecessary things but now the people making them are going to increase the price. "Why should people have to pay more to make up for the cost of things that aren't improving the experience much or at all?" Is what I believe is his issue here. Sorry if I've interpreted you wrong though Brawlman.