Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Reactions: Fallen Soldier

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
What else is new? I'm surprised it did not happen sooner. I would not mind seeing Rockstar burn and crumbled to ashes.
Odds are it’ll happen before they correct course, because corporate leaderships’ track records of actually learning from anything in this industry is pretty horrible.

Reactions: BrawlMan

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Behold the insanity that is the NFT scam -

The fact this randomized crap is worth millions of dollars and is an extension of the environmental problems and energy strain caused by crypto currency should be enough to take the internet away from these people. Have a look at what’s involved in getting started -

Gambling taken to insane levels. I can see federal intervention but then it would just go to the black market and possibly be even more dangerous.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
it will take you 500 hours to fully complete Dying Light 2.

so 500 hours of pointless collectibles and filler content.
500 hours! There's no way that can be right! CAAAAAAAANNNNN IIIIIIITTTTTTT? (Ocean Dub Nappa).

Plus zombies no thanks.
Hey @Fallen Soldier......

Though in all seriousness, play this if you ever have the time or choose. You're not just fighting zombies, but vampires, gargoyles, demons, werewolves, Jiangshi (Chinese Vampires), Medusas' with upper torsos, etc. It's an all monster mash buffet.

The game does have a physical version too without importing.

Reactions: Fallen Soldier

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Behold the insanity that is the NFT scam -

So the first one is literally falling dollar signs, the second one is a mosaic you could slap together in any photo-editing program from the last ten years, and the third one is based on someone else's copyrighted material.

Have to give 'em credit- that really is the state of NFTs in a nutshell.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'll believe it when I see it. Atari has done nothing, but fuck up for the last decade.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Praise the sun! It’s about time they shift gears. I believe if Miyazaki feels he’s making the ultimate culmination of Souls with Elden Ring, that he’ll be ready to move on to new pastures.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

For shame, Rockstar, for shame.
Yeah, it's wierd. RDO is supposed to be their other constant money flow after GTA:O and apparently they just neglect it. I mean, I don't play RDO but I understand a lot of people enjoy it.

Praise the sun! It’s about time they shift gears. I believe if Miyazaki feels he’s making the ultimate culmination of Souls with Elden Ring, that he’ll be ready to move on to new pastures.
I am interesting in seeing this.

Man this just sounds pathetic. A "20-man team" was assembled? Is that supposed to sound impressive?
That coke isn't gonna mainline itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Yeah, Rockstar/T2 isn't the only one with the piss-poor management for their games:

Maybe not release a game in a broken state? The expectations weren't brutal to begin with, they were all just standard things that a BF game should've come with. And I've been to the BF2042 subreddit. Before the mods post on the potential lockdown of the subreddit, the memes, bug footages, and text posts are mostly legit complaints about the game, and they pretty much gaslit the entire subreddit into oblivion

The mods on the subreddit have recently made it clear on what they mean by "toxicity", which seemed to have calmed down the members. But man, the past few days have been almost as bad as Halo and TLOU2 subreddit incident

Brokencontroller

Elite Member
Dec 30, 2021
Country
usa
Yeah, Rockstar/T2 isn't the only one with the piss-poor management for their games:

Maybe not release a game in a broken state? The expectations weren't brutal to begin with, they were all just standard things that a BF game should've come with. And I've been to the BF2042 subreddit. Before the mods post on the potential lockdown of the subreddit, the memes, bug footages, and text posts are mostly legit complaints about the game, and they pretty much gaslit the entire subreddit into oblivion

The mods on the subreddit have recently made it clear on what they mean by "toxicity", which seemed to have calmed down the members. But man, the past few days have been almost as bad as Halo and TLOU2 subreddit incident
I think this is all going to lead to a market crash. In the same way that EA went too far with lootboxes in Battlefront, and it basically caused the entire lootbox system to vanish overnight.

At some point we are going to see a big publisher release a game so fucking broken that a law suit will be filed or government attention will get attracted and when weve hit our lowest low, the practice will go away and they will release games in a finished state again.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
I think this is all going to lead to a market crash. In the same way that EA went too far with lootboxes in Battlefront, and it basically caused the entire lootbox system to vanish overnight.

At some point we are going to see a big publisher release a game so fucking broken that a law suit will be filed or government attention will get attracted and when weve hit our lowest low, the practice will go away and they will release games in a finished state again.
Well, it happened already with EA on BF4, and recently CDPR on CP2077.

As for the practice going away..... Yeah, I don't see that going away. On top of publishers knowing the new titles to attract people like moth to a flame, there are people defending such actions

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Sorry, what happened with Halo?

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Sorry, what happened with Halo?
Just like with BF2042, people voiced their distaste on how the multiplayer was being managed. The complaints ranged from composed and concise to toxic and low-effort. The mods of the subreddit came up with the brilliant decision of locking down the sub for two or three days, making no one be able to post anything.

Granted the subreddit was getting really toxic by that point, but they only were like 10% of the subreddit (at least IMO) while others were legit complaints.

This definitely seemed to have calmed down, although I am not sure it's because mods removing/banning or people too afraid to voice their opinions again.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

That is just sick and wrong.