General Gaming News.

Fallen Soldier

Brother Lombax
Oct 28, 2021
Country
United States
It might work in everyone's favor; the different dev teams gets more time to work on the game and possibly bring new and fresh contents, Activision gets to milk the crap out of each title before the next one comes out, and players don't have to open their wallet every year. Everyone "wins" here

Technically, each devs (Infinity Ward, Treyarch, and Sledgehammer) do take turns and take 3-5 years into developing the next title from their respective studios, but this plan will allow them to have more time.

Fuck me, I might actually start buying COD games again if this plan do get implemented
I actually hope it allows other studios to work on other games for a change. Treyarch has been non stop Call of Duty since 2008.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
It's wierd because her VA(Ashley Burch) has range(She's Tiny Tina and but there's also "Hey Ash, Whatcha Playing?") but for whatever reason she pretty much does her "kinda bored" voice for much of the game. I'm guessing this is a directing issue.
She does the same voice in Life is Strange and TLoU2 though. I can't say I'm a fan of Ashely Burch's default voice acting either, eventhough when she actually does a voice she sounds pretty excellent. I feel most prominent voice actors in games are used more for their default voice than for their range to do voices. You hear Yuri Lowenthal as Spider-Man and, you know, it's fine - a decent, engaging enough young man voice. But then you hear him do an impression of Vulture in the Miles Morales game, and I'm like 'Why can't you have him do stuff like this more often in your games?'

But yeah, Ashley Burch... I don't want to harp on her, but her voice just doesn't do it for me.

Reactions: Dalisclock

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Almost got buzzed when hearing Banjo Kazooie was coming to the Switch. That was until finding out it would only be on their pitiful online subscription service meaning no option to buy and own a copy, plus no modernised updates like frame rate at all. So, nevermind then, I'd rather not, thanks.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Fallen Soldier

Brother Lombax
Oct 28, 2021
Country
United States
She does the same voice in Life is Strange and TLoU2 though. I can't say I'm a fan of Ashely Burch's default voice acting either, eventhough when she actually does a voice she sounds pretty excellent. I feel most prominent voice actors in games are used more for their default voice than for their range to do voices. You hear Yuri Lowenthal as Spider-Man and, you know, it's fine - a decent, engaging enough young man voice. But then you hear him do an impression of Vulture in the Miles Morales game, and I'm like 'Why can't you have him do stuff like this more often in your games?'

But yeah, Ashley Burch... I don't want to harp on her, but her voice just doesn't do it for me.
I always found Yuri Lowenthal’s voice acting to be so whiney throughout the years. His voice acting in Spider-Man is the first time I give him major kudos for doing such a great job.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I always found Yuri Lowenthal’s voice acting to be so whiney throughout the years.
Sasuke. Or any emo, revenge obsessed characters. He played a good amount of that character type in his career.

Almost got buzzed when hearing Banjo Kazooie was coming to the Switch. That was until finding out it would only be on their pitiful online subscription service meaning no option to buy and own a copy, plus no modernised updates like frame rate at all. So, nevermind then, I'd rather not, thanks.
I assume you don't have XONE or Series X, but there is the Rare Replay Collection. It's got both Banjo games on it.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
I assume you don't have XONE or Series X, but there is the Rare Replay Collection. It's got both Banjo games on it.

Not yet, probably not for a while neither. But that does make the console far more tempting, especially with Perfect Dark hanging about all unappreciated there too.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
And now the history repeats itself. Like, even with steady updates and contents I don't think there's no saving for 2042
  • Evolve
  • Anthem
  • Lawbreakers
The industry truly never learns. Whenever they make these type of games, and they fail, they think by making it free to play will save it. News flash, if people got disinterested or didn't like it beforehand, they're not going to like it now.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

Yeah, I don’t see this happening. I mean Anthem was a crappy game through and through and it never went f2p
Anthem was stillborn, or at very least, left in the wilderness to die. Sure they could have tried F2P but nobody would have cared regardless.

Bioware and EA screwed the pooch on this one so hard that pooch is gonna be in therapy for the rest of it's life. I mean, the fact the Dev team was literally not allowed to say the word "Destiny" at work so they couldn't implement lessons learned from Destiny is a big clue something was very wrong there and even with 6 years of dev time, apparently they couldn't figure out just what they wanted the damn thing to be until most of that time was gone. There's also the minor stupidity that Anthem was just a named they picked late into the dev process because apparently they wanted it be called "Beyond" but it was too hard to copyright(not that normally stops corporate dipshits from trying to copyright words like "Prey" and "Saga").

Last edited:

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Bioware and EA screwed the pooch on this one so hard that pooch is gonna be in therapy for the rest of it's life
As soon as I heard it was gonna be "Hey, you know the multiplayer in ME3 and Andromeda that you avoided like it had ebola? Here's a game centred around that shit!' I was "yeah nah, hard pass on that shitfuckery."

Multiplayer isn't something I'm particularly interested in and, lets face it, it's not one of Bioware's core competencies.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
As soon as I heard it was gonna be "Hey, you know the multiplayer in ME3 and Andromeda that you avoided like it had ebola? Here's a game centred around that shit!' I was "yeah nah, hard pass on that shitfuckery."

Multiplayer isn't something I'm particularly interested in and, lets face it, it's not one of Bioware's core competencies.
It's wierd. I have a friend who really likes the ME3 MP(though he never played Andromeda) and is a big fan of the series. Pretty sure he never bothered with Anthem though. But yeah, MP is something I normally pass on with some rare exceptions.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
It's wierd. I have a friend who really likes the ME3 MP(though he never played Andromeda) and is a big fan of the series. Pretty sure he never bothered with Anthem though. But yeah, MP is something I normally pass on with some rare exceptions.
They were both functional if uninspired. ME3 was a horde mode thing and MEA was objectived base pew-pewing. Nothing to really grab someone who wasn't into MPing, especially when you add in the loot boxes and microtransactions.

Early on ME3 pulled some bullshit that required MPing to get over 50% on the Galactic Readiness map (which supposedly affected the final battle) but they eventually patched that out.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Yeah, I don’t see this happening. I mean Anthem was a crappy game through and through and it never went f2p
They're damned if they do and damned if they don't, but they dug this tunnel to Hell themselves. I've never really cared much about this franchise but even I can see what a bastardized, live-service'd, microtransaction-ready parody of the series this is. Maybe, just maybe, this is the catalyst that will teach "the gamers" et al. not to preorder crap and to reject the "shove it out the door now, patch it up later" live-service cycle.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
ME2/3 MP was pretty decent, wouldn't be worth getting as a stand alone game but as a included multiplayer mode it really wasn't bad. I'd rather they used the resource to make the main game better, but ME2/3 didn't need more resource, it needed good writers.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

That article reads like the blind leading the blind, after they smelled the cheese. Videogames have been mainstream big in the entertainment world for more than a decade now, but the minute after Microsoft spends earth’s population times ten on something, hey now there’s something to see here. The picture they chose says it all -
1642826457667.jpeg

FFS it makes me just wanna fart.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
That article reads like the blind leading the blind, after they smelled the cheese. Videogames have been mainstream big in the entertainment world for more than a decade now, but the minute after Microsoft spends earth’s population times ten on something, hey now there’s something to see here. The picture they chose says it all -
Goes to show behind the curve CNBC is. There so behind they made a pit stop in 2010 and never left. I got a sense of fear mongering from the article too.

Don't play with our emotions, Suda! I am glad they are gonna make more original IPs. No More Heroes has run its course, and I would like something interesting and different.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker