United States of America

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
So have ya'll heard that the award winning MMO Final Fantasy 14 has a free trail that grants unlimited playtime all the way to level 60 which includes the first expansion, all entirely for free?
Sounds like an excellent deal for MMO players, but I am not one of them. Thanks for the heads up. Let everyone else know.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
So have ya'll heard that the award winning MMO Final Fantasy 14 has a free trail that grants unlimited playtime all the way to level 60 which includes the first expansion, all entirely for free?
I got close to getting back into it with the 14 day free... then when I was 90% done dowloading I remember that the game doesn't allow addon and the UI is absolutely trash for raid healing (the only position I like) and lack click on heal (instead having to use extremely clunky mouse over macro). I think FF14 is held back by the fact that they have to keep eveything console friendly (so no UI has to be bad for mouse player, addon would be hard to do on console, probably explain the 2.5 sec GCD).

umatbro

Feb 18, 2021
Country
Australia (Not Yahtzee's homeland)
1. Change my mind: Ys IX is a far more competent game than Final Fantasy 7.

2. Is Yahtzee's email still functional? I tried sending him an email asking him to review COD Black Ops Cold War, but Gmail said the domain could not be found. Why is that?

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
2. Is Yahtzee's email still functional? I tried sending him an email asking him to review COD Black Ops Cold War, but Gmail said the domain could not be found. Why is that?
No idea about his e-mail but I guarantee you he's totally not interested in your review suggestions and if he wanted to play COD:Cold War he would have by now so you might as well not bother.

I mean, he literally broke off his last COD review to talk about Disco Elysium, because he was far more interested in THAT game.

Reactions: BrawlMan

umatbro

Feb 18, 2021
Country
Australia (Not Yahtzee's homeland)
No idea about his e-mail but I guarantee you he's totally not interested in your review suggestions and if he wanted to play COD:Cold War he would have by now so you might as well not bother.

I mean, he literally broke off his last COD review to talk about Disco Elysium, because he was far more interested in THAT game.
That's just sad, he should have kicked that games ass. He should have also reviewed Blops Cold War and maybe address its political agenda.

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I got close to getting back into it with the 14 day free... then when I was 90% done dowloading I remember that the game doesn't allow addon and the UI is absolutely trash for raid healing (the only position I like) and lack click on heal (instead having to use extremely clunky mouse over macro). I think FF14 is held back by the fact that they have to keep eveything console friendly (so no UI has to be bad for mouse player, addon would be hard to do on console, probably explain the 2.5 sec GCD).
The UI is pretty heavily modable using the in-game ui customizer. I would still download and try the game (it's fucking free) and dick around with the UI editor to see if you can make it into something comfortable to use.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia

Well this is just disappointing. While not confirmed, there are rumors that there will be no Dragon Age or Mass Effect either. I wonder what will even carry the event this time?
EA not showing Star Wars?

Gee, what a tragedy...

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
EA not showing Star Wars?

Gee, what a tragedy...
Yeah I'm not too choked up about this, but I did enjoy Fallen Order a lot. I would really like another game in that setting, story wise I mean. I could take or leave the DS style combat system, and I wish the combat allowed for more variety and utility of force powers, instead of just always going back to saber combat. I liked the MC, fucking LOVED BD-1, and thought the actor for Cal was really good, and genuine. So, yeah I'd love to see another Fallen Order, but I'm perfectly fine with waiting longer for it.

If it's some kind of multiplayer thing, then piss on that shit, couldn't care less.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Yeah I'm not too choked up about this, but I did enjoy Fallen Order a lot. I would really like another game in that setting, story wise I mean. I could take or leave the DS style combat system, and I wish the combat allowed for more variety and utility of force powers, instead of just always going back to saber combat. I liked the MC, fucking LOVED BD-1, and thought the actor for Cal was really good, and genuine. So, yeah I'd love to see another Fallen Order, but I'm perfectly fine with waiting longer for it.

If it's some kind of multiplayer thing, then piss on that shit, couldn't care less.
If they make the next game similar and more like the Force Unleashed/God of War/DMC style, I might consider it.

Reactions: happyninja42

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
If they make the next game similar and more like the Force Unleashed/God of War/DMC style, I might consider it.
I'd be happy if they just made the game good. Regardless of genre. Because holy crap they have a poor track record.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I'd be happy if they just made the game good. Regardless of genre. Because holy crap they have a poor track record.
Yes, GOOD is the primary quality I want in the game. I would like the mechanics to be more Unleashed, than Dark Souls though.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
If I remember correctly Respawn did this game. The combat itself ain't half bad, I just don't like the fact that it's Dark Souls styles. Nor do I enjoy the puzzle solving much either. The problem with the puzzles is that they feel like they're a game from the 6th generation and not in a good way. I know I quit a quarter way into the game, cuz the pacing just was not doing it for me. They're great when it comes to shooters, but here's hoping if they do decide to make another one, that they just get rid of the Dark Souls style and either remove all the puzzles all together, or keep them at minimal.

Reactions: happyninja42

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
If I remember correctly Respawn did this game. The combat itself ain't half bad, I just don't like the fact that it's Dark Souls styles. Nor do I enjoy the puzzle solving much either. The problem with the puzzles is that they feel like they're a game from the 6th generation and not in a good way. I know I quit a quarter way into the game, cuz the pacing just was not doing it for me. They're great when it comes to shooters, but here's hoping if they do decide to make another one, that they just get rid of the Dark Souls style and either remove all the puzzles all together, or keep them at minimal.
Yeah, Fallen Order, for me at least, was definitely an example of "dealing with mechanics I don't like much, because I like the story and want to see where it goes."