Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Back 4 Blood is already getting large numbers in its betas; sweet! I'll pre-order later this week.
I honestly would wait. The fustercluck that was Evolve wasn't too long ago, and there's no telling if Turtle Rock has learned anything from it. Their refusal to allow community-created content is already a strike against it in my mind.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I honestly would wait. The fustercluck that was Evolve wasn't too long ago, and there's no telling if Turtle Rock has learned anything from it. Their refusal to allow community-created content is already a strike against it in my mind.
Yeah. I've been taking a look at some of the Back 4 Blood beta footage and some of the info coming out is not great.

There's a progression system built into the game, which creates the problem of the first couple dozen hours of the game being kind of a slog until you've kitted your character with more stamina and better gun attachments.

Vermintide 2 had a similar issue where at launch it took until about character level 20 to really start playing the game because that's when the temporary health ability unlocked for all of the characters.

I'll definitely be trying to open beta later this week before I commit to any kind of pre-order.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The fustercluck that was Evolve wasn't too long ago, and there's no telling if Turtle Rock has learned anything from it.
They made Evolve? I did not know that.

Their refusal to allow community-created content is already a strike against it in my mind.
That is sad, but does not exactly deter me. I get where you're coming from. I'll be on the look out, just in case. I saw Easy Allies impression and they usually trustworthy. I know they did not like Evolve at all. This got them excited and they love the beta. We'll wait and see, but I still put some money down. If I don't like the results, I can get my money back or cancel.

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020

You know, I had a feeling EA would do this
Well Ubisoft's loss is EA's gain. Question is what would work well and wouldn't. AAA FPS have put themselves into a situation where annual releases just were not feasible anymore. Now if only Madden became a service.

Because I played 2142 and missing out on the Northern Strike packs meant I didn't had access to certain perks.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
They made Evolve? I did not know that.

That is sad, but does not exactly deter me. I get where you're coming from. I'll be on the look out, just in case. I saw Easy Allies impression and they usually trustworthy. I know they did not like Evolve at all. This got them excited and they love the beta. We'll wait and see, but I still put some money down. If I don't like the results, I can get my money back or cancel.
It's kind of rude for a studio who's existance and product is an end result of user created content to lock it out.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Yeah. I've been taking a look at some of the Back 4 Blood beta footage and some of the info coming out is not great.

There's a progression system built into the game, which creates the problem of the first couple dozen hours of the game being kind of a slog until you've kitted your character with more stamina and better gun attachments.

Vermintide 2 had a similar issue where at launch it took until about character level 20 to really start playing the game because that's when the temporary health ability unlocked for all of the characters.

I'll definitely be trying to open beta later this week before I commit to any kind of pre-order.
Uh-oh. Looks like I'm going to have to not make that pre-order then. Looks like it's back to Zombie Army 4. I still got to get World War Z.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Cool, but I’d still love to see an update to purchase properties sometime soon. Also, an Undead Nightmare 2 before Halloween would be a sweet treat.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Butt-Fuck collectors are already starting again. Thank God I really don't have a need for a PSP anymore. And I got all the DS and 3DS games I want.

I bought a copy of Project x-zone 1 and 2 for ds and they were like 70 bucks each because of the rarity on them.

But like you i got the games i wanted off those platforms and quite honestly most of them can be easily emulated these days so its really just collecting for collection's sake.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Yeah that doesn't surprise me. They want to make sure that any multiplayer happens within their monetized ecosystem.
And so they continue to be greedy bitches. You're really not helping yourself Acti-Blizz. Once again, glad I'm not a fan. I played Diablo I and II back in the day, but I don't have much nostalgia or interest in it. I know my older brother loves Diablo III Resurrection. Other than that, he doesn't care much for any other products. We played some Call of Duty back in the day, and I mean the Old World War II games by the way. We both played the fourth game, but we never win any further than that. He tried War Zone, but he's been on and off with it. I think he forgot about the remake for the second Diablo game.