General Gaming News.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

IMO this might be sequel to Arkham series, sharing similar aesthetic and character designs. Kinda make sense, since batman is no more and there's no one to come up with a contingency plan. Still, this is just an in-game cinematic, and we don't have any gameplay yet
I saw the trailer earlier on my PS4 just a minute ago, and I am still not interested. They already done another cinematic trailer with the first teaser. Odds are it's gonna play like Arkham in some fashion. My main reason for lack interests, is that is yet another, Superman has gone bad/evil/brainswashed storyline again. Those have been done to death already in all mediums. Come up with something more original or base it off one of the more popular SS storylines.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
What, did the Flash die again? 9 times out of 10 that's what causes Superman to go evil.

The Flash is the Justice League's moral canary

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

IMO this might be sequel to Arkham series, sharing similar aesthetic and character designs. Kinda make sense, since batman is no more and there's no one to come up with a contingency plan. Still, this is just an in-game cinematic, and we don't have any gameplay yet
You know, I do like the idea of a Suicide Squad game but not so much an Injustice/Evil Superman game.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Exactly why me interests deflated instantly. They could have chosen anything else. This premise too generic and same old same old.
Especially since we just had an arguably good SS movie that involved them getting sent into Some Central American/Carribean Nation to do the dirty work for the American Government and yeah, there was a Giant Alien Starfish, most of the movie was dealing with the military and other obstacles. It's not that different then starting with Just Cause 2 and finishing up with Cyrsis.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Anyone else get Overstrike flashbacks with the Justice League trailer?

Bunch of four misfits in tongue-in-cheek trailer go up against evil robots while "Tick Boom" is playing in the background.

Anyone?

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Isn't it funny that we're getting both the Suicide Squad game and the Guardians of the Galaxy game relatively at the same time? After James Gunn had his way with them, the two franchises feel really similar.

But yeah, the idea of fighting the Justice League sounds great, but from Flash's bits of dialogue it sure sounds like we're getting Evil Justice League rather than like Zombie/Brainwashed Justice League. Also seems like Wonder Woman is the only Leaguer to escape whatever happened to the rest of them. A secret fifth playable character mayhaps? But yeah, meh. It's been a whole year since the last DC Fandome, and while I don't mind the delays and all due to the pandemic, this trailer feels kinda pointless if you're not going to show off even a little gameplay.

Same goes for the Gotham Knights game. I'm not at all happy that they went with the MMO/RPG style for the game, with all the ridiculous healthbars and levels all over the place. But hey, that was a year ago. Maybe they did something different! Who knows, no goddamn gameplay. We already knew that the Court of Owls was involved, the only thing new I got from this trailer is that the Talons behave more like zombies than elite assassin zombies. Though I have to admit, going all lethal on them Batman style could be pretty fun, break up the monotony of stealthing around and knocking people out.

Last edited:

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Its confusing, because I had heard that this game takes place in the same Arkham universe. If you look at the Arkham wiki as well, it seems they've accepted this new game as canon.

But, though I don't particularly care, Deadshot was not black in the Arkham games. I mean, I assume he's black in the new game, he looks like it.
1634453918546.png
Ah yes, a 200 lb 6'1 Caucasian male lmao

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Reactions: Dalisclock

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Well, it looks like the breakup is official. I wonder if NFL will follow the same path, or still be with EA? I doubt the money is the issue, otherwise FIFA wouldn't have left. Maybe Madden and EA will stay together because both are based in America?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Well, it looks like the breakup is official. I wonder if NFL will follow the same path, or still be with EA? I doubt the money is the issue, otherwise FIFA wouldn't have left. Maybe Madden and EA will stay together because both are based in America?
I highly doubt it with the NFL. No matter where FIFA goes, they're most likely be some season pass 🐂 crap, or some crappy monetization. Best of luck to them, I guess. If I had to choose, go to Sega and work something out. Better yet, don't stick to one company. Otherwise the same garbage is going to happen again.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I highly doubt it with the NFL. No matter where FIFA goes, they're most likely be some season pass 🐂 crap, or some crappy monetization. Best of luck to them, I guess. If I had to choose, go to Sega and work something out. Better yet, don't stick to one company. Otherwise the same garbage is going to happen again.
I'm guessing next year Fifa will be essentially identical to the EA one, but Fifa will try to negotiate better term for themselves with some other dev/publisher. I'm more interested in what effect that'll have on EA, that was their big cash cow. Maybe they'll try to recycle the engine and make another football game (junior league maybe? Or some sort of fantasy setting).

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm guessing next year Fifa will be essentially identical to the EA one, but Fifa will try to negotiate better term for themselves with some other dev/publisher. I'm more interested in what effect that'll have on EA, that was their big cash cow. Maybe they'll try to recycle the engine and make another football game (junior league maybe? Or some sort of fantasy setting).
Those EA bastards will survive; they have Madden. The franchise is still a piece of crap, but it sells unfortunately due to ignorance.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Okay so I wanted to get a dipstick reading on opinions, because this is like the only forum Im a part of and Im curious. Jim Sterling did a video yesterday about some upcoming Nintendo+ releases, including several N64 games and how its easier to...acquire them from Jack Sparrow and other privateers over directly supporting Nintendo. And here's my question: why?
I'm all for voting with your wallet, and I've said before I would love N64 games to come to the Switch, I had totally forgotten about Nintendo+ and now through Nintendo+ OoT is coming to Switch. And I wanna play it and show Nintendo there is profit to be made in bringing a lot more N64 to Switch, like JetForce Gemini, Body Harvest, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Goldeneye, etc...

Like I get that Jim is on this wild "capitalism is bad, yay communism kick" but even they have to realize that's just not going to happen and we should at least support Nintendo when they do something positive, like bring back old games. Is it because its a subscription service? Or only a handful of games at a time? Like I'd admit I'd love the entire N64 catalogue just to be dumped onto the Nintendo store, and I'll pick up the dozen or so I want and pay for them, and move on.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Okay so I wanted to get a dipstick reading on opinions, because this is like the only forum Im a part of and Im curious. Jim Sterling did a video yesterday about some upcoming Nintendo+ releases, including several N64 games and how its easier to...acquire them from Jack Sparrow and other privateers over directly supporting Nintendo. And here's my question: why?
I'm all for voting with your wallet, and I've said before I would love N64 games to come to the Switch, I had totally forgotten about Nintendo+ and now through Nintendo+ OoT is coming to Switch. And I wanna play it and show Nintendo there is profit to be made in bringing a lot more N64 to Switch, like JetForce Gemini, Body Harvest, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Goldeneye, etc...

Like I get that Jim is on this wild "capitalism is bad, yay communism kick" but even they have to realize that's just not going to happen and we should at least support Nintendo when they do something positive, like bring back old games. Is it because its a subscription service? Or only a handful of games at a time? Like I'd admit I'd love the entire N64 catalogue just to be dumped onto the Nintendo store, and I'll pick up the dozen or so I want and pay for them, and move on.
The problem is is that it's very overpriced, and Nintendo promise no more price hikes. Don't forget that the Nintendo online used to be free just like PlayStation Network used to be free. And the fact that it's now 50 something+ dollars for a few games is an insult. Not to mention the Genesis games aren't much of a bonus considering most of those Sega Genesis games have been ported to every console known to man by saving multiple times each generation. What's really insulting is that a lot of these games can be easily Porter to physical, digital, or without that stupid price hike and subscription Nintendo knows this. They can easily put Sin and Punishment games on a Duo collection. Have the first game and it's sequel ported together. Not this forced crap of paying through a subscription just to play a rare game. If you can find it easier on any emulation site and a better online service, then I don't blame people for it.

Last edited:

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland

For me I was willing to drop $20 a year for a bunch of Classic SNES/NES games(even if it's basically renting them, but I like being able to play them on the switch). The N64 and Sega games for more then double that? Not so much. Not with the paltry amount it's gonna launch with. If it had been, say, $10 more then the base service or had a fuckton more games I might have considered it but considering I'm already paying $20 for an emulator service(and believe me, I could just fucking emulate them for free), I don't particularly feel like paying $50 for a few more games. And the fact Nintendo hasn't even put all the classic SNES/NES games on NSO yet(and they drop like a couple every couple months) isn't really making make jump at paying more.

Sure, I'm quibbling over price, but I'm a hell of a lot more likely to pay $20 for something rather then $50 if it isn't something I'm really, really into.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Reactions: Dalisclock

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

The irony of course is aside from wanting to see how long Jim’s “career” would last in a communist country, that he’s describing exactly what happens in a free market thanks to PC software’s versatility. When one company tries to dominate with a scummy practice, users can and will take it upon themselves to find better alternative with the tools available. The sad part is that it’s like pulling teeth with Nintendo to ever loosen their reigns even a bit to feel better about supporting a more “legit” path. Monopolistic tendencies are admittedly one of the banes of capitalism.

Last edited: