General Gaming News.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
That got my attention as well.

As much as I've love to see BB2 in any form, the idea Bluepoint and not FROM would be doing it kinda reeks of some sort of BS. Even if it was true, I'd be highly skeptical of it as being a real BB game and not just a High Quality Soulslike(probably).

Which is one of many reasons I'm not gonna hold my breath for this. If and when there's an official "Yes, BB is getting ported and/or a sequel" announcement, then I'll cream my pants(metaphorically) in glee.
If a Bluepoint sequel turns out to be false, it would be nice if the entire Bloodborne fanbase could collectively shame the leaker with a resounding, ”What the HELL were you thinking!?!?!”

On the same token, if it turns out to be true, it would be equally nice if the entire Bloodborne fanbase could collectively shame Sony with a resounding, ”What the HELL were you thinking!?!?”

Really though either way, it’s oddly and amusingly ironic that the best leak source for talks about top secret PlayStation stuff are apparently from an Xbox podcaster.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
If a Bluepoint sequel turns out to be false, it would be nice if the entire Bloodborne fanbase could collectively shame the leaker with a resounding, ”What the HELL were you thinking!?!?!”

On the same token, if it turns out to be true, it would be equally nice if the entire Bloodborne fanbase could collectively shame Sony with a resounding, ”What the HELL were you thinking!?!?”

Really though either way, it’s oddly and amusingly ironic that the best leak source for talks about top secret PlayStation stuff are apparently from an Xbox podcaster.
Everyone's best bet is to stop looking at these leaks or rumors and just wait. I get excitement and things are going a little slow recently, but it's just not worth following every single piece of trail that is most likely false.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Everyone's best bet is to stop looking at these leaks or rumors and just wait. I get excitement and things are going a little slow recently, but it's just not worth following every single piece of trail that is most likely false.
Humans are hardwired to look for patterns, to the point of finding them where none exist, and to look for evidence to support what they want to believe. I've been guilty of this plenty of times myself, mostly in regards to entertainment and such.

That being said, I agree it's still damn annoying and I do wish people would fucking chill with believing every fucking rumor or hint because it points to what they want to see.

I would love to see a PC version of RDR1 (Or PS4, I'm not picky) but seeing people keep point to "Oh, well, GTA games are getting remastered so they're gonna do RDR next for sure" makes me roll my eyes. Or for RDR2, the insistance claims that Undead Nightmare 2 is gonna be a thing, despite the fact Undead Nightmare was a 10 hour gimmick DLC/expansion for the original game.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Humans are hardwired to look for patterns, to the point of finding them where none exist, and to look for evidence to support what they want to believe. I've been guilty of this plenty of times myself, mostly in regards to entertainment and such.

That being said, I agree it's still damn annoying and I do wish people would fucking chill with believing every fucking rumor or hint because it points to what they want to see.

I would love to see a PC version of RDR1 (Or PS4, I'm not picky) but seeing people keep point to "Oh, well, GTA games are getting remastered so they're gonna do RDR next for sure" makes me roll my eyes. Or for RDR2, the insistance claims that Undead Nightmare 2 is gonna be a thing, despite the fact Undead Nightmare was a 10 hour gimmick DLC/expansion for the original game.
Yeah it gets bad when people that have a voice on the interwebs use it for clickbaiting, and then beat it to a bloody pulp for months on end. I think all this leaky shit should be taken to task Kotaku crunch style.

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

I am guilty of this myself a couple times, but I learned way early on that waiting on all these rumors and false leads give nothing more than constant stress and disappointment. There are a better things I can be doing than waiting for some rumor I know that's not going to be true. Because you can only do this so many times before you tire yourself out or get completely bored and numb. If it happens, it happens. I don't, then it don't. It's not the end of the world.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Hey you guys remember that MMO from Amazon? Apperently there is a deflation of the in-game economy happening. I find it rather fascinating, as typical MMO has inflation.

Last edited:

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

Good News Everybody!

We can drown our existential angst in ghost chocolate...in a year or so.
Neat. Stardew Valley was my surprise goty for 2016, so this'll go on my watchlist. Definitely looks Stardew-y, but with some Recettear sauce on top.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

Good News Everybody!

We can drown our existential angst in ghost chocolate...in a year or so.
Will be interesting to see how good it is. Stardew valley was fun, but it was ultimately just a (well done) harvest moon clone. This sound different and a bit more original.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Yet they're open to more buyouts.

I wonder how long until jackass fans start crying about censorship or taking away their fan-service.

Last edited:

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
(Hard Drive is a satire site)

Considering advances in TV tech, I really hope those ports are gonna have CRT filters

Reactions: BrawlMan

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Just sad -

But apparently things have never been better since Dan Houser left. Probably because he was the only leader that contested the bs road they’re now on.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Just sad -

But apparently things have never been better since Dan Houser left. Probably because he was the only leader that contested the bs road they’re now on.
It's so weird. They clearly aren't going for the hyper-realistic graphics like GTA V or RDR2. And they certainly aren't creating a new world or characters. I mean I don't mind the cartoonish graphics (I think it rather adds to the charm) and seeing these old characters again, but I don't see any reason why this is a $60. Seems overpriced.

Then again, they probably knew people would go crazy for it and chose a price that would guranteee profit

Reactions: BrawlMan