General Gaming News.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

HAHAHA. No kidding.
We all know the only thing MS has going is the game pass, backwards compatibility, and….. huh.

I feel they are riding on game pass success a little too much. What will they do when that eventually crashes and burns?

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
We all know the only thing MS has going is the game pass, backwards compatibility, and….. huh.

I feel they are riding on game pass success a little too much. What will they do when that eventually crashes and burns?
Do you guys remember when i said that shit back when the new consoles were about to release. Gamepass is a cool idea but it was obvious that Xbox was banking on nostalgia to get them success while Sony was looking forward and bringing out banging games.

Yes Xbox we remember when you were cool. But you arent cool now, you're an old man contining to tell stories about that one time you got a triple kill in Halo 20 fucking years ago. Let it go and move on Grandpa!

It has been two years and i can think of 3 titles Microsoft released. Two of which have been meh. 1 was decent. And 1 is on PlayStation now. Meanwhile Sony had 3 games at launch.

What the fuck is MS even doing? They are just buying up studios and have nothing to show for it. Where is all the money going?

I mean shit there are games that they showcased in 2020 that we still havent seen. Where is Fable? Where is the Helblade sequel? Where is Starfield? Where are your fucking games!!!???

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

HAHAHA. No kidding.
It’s kind of a cheeky statement though considering the context. Would they have not gone through with this acquisition if Sony wasn’t a “powerhouse”? Doubtful. They’re just reaching for justification on their latest big $ deal.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
It’s kind of a cheeky statement though considering the context. Would they have not gone through with this acquisition if Sony wasn’t a “powerhouse”? Doubtful. They’re just reaching for justification on their latest big $ deal.
My theory is that they want to buy up all the studios and have nobody make games. If no games release, then Gamepass will be king.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
My theory is that they want to buy up all the studios and have nobody make games. If no games release, then Gamepass will be king.
The thing is, Gamepass is already showing signs of fatigue, and Microsoft has thus far proven (even practically admitting themselves) they suck at making games, so we can only presume the industry would take a nosedive with them leading everything. Even if they took Sony’s best studios they’d eventually run them in the ground with their ongoing development philosophy. Then we’d just have a bunch of mediocre live service/MTX titles or Nintendo.

Yeah, I’ll be exclusively playing old stuff if that ever happens. But it won’t be on lamepass.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Gungrave GORE is available on Game Pass for those interested.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Pentiment: Why Angry Players Are Review-Bombing the Game (cbr.com)

Bitches are review bombing this game, because it's not a 3D AAA game, nor a "true AAA experience". Graphic whores never change, no matter the generation. The game is already doing well anyway, so them doing that changes nothing. Certain gamers are literally hating it for not being like every AAA game on the market. What happened to I wanna play something different and not be COD or live-service 24/7? Pentiment is a 2D AAA game from Obsidian. I may not have much interests in the game, but you got to respect them for doing their own thing and not just making another AAA game. That is what games used to be about. There are people who still carry that torch, but not a lot in the AAA space and certain people in the gaming audience themselves.

Last edited:

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Pentiment: Why Angry Players Are Review-Bombing the Game (cbr.com)

Bitches are review bombing this game, because it's not a 3D AAA game, nor a "true AAA experience". Graphic whores never change, no matter the generation. The game is already doing well anyway, so them doing that changes nothing. Certain gamers are literally hating it for not being like every AAA game on the market. What happened I wanna play something different and not be COD or live-service 24/7? Pentiment is a 2D AAA game from Obsidian. I may not have much interests in the game, but you got to respect them for doing their own thing and not just making another AAA game. That is what games used to be about. There are people who still carry that torch, but not a lot in the AAA space and certain people in the gaming audience themselves.
I Didn't even think of Pentiment as a AAA. I saw it as a cool looking AA or indie. I just realized Obsidian did it. The fact people have been comparing it with Disco Elysium(Not that it's as good but it's trying to tap the same vibe) and that sounds cool to me. I don't ever expect to see another game like Disco Elysium but I like the idea of other studios trying to make games that experiment the way DE did and I'm willing to give such games a shot if they're worth the time and cost.

Also the people review bombing it for style choices is immature and stupid. Hell, Review Bombing in generally is immature and stupid. If you don't like something, just say you don't like it, say why and move on. If you do it right, you'll help others who probably wouldn't enjoy it not waste the time and money. Just like positive reviews can let people know about games they might not have realized existed that they might enjoy. This is in context of reviewing, not discussion. Discussion is always fine.

Last edited:

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Also the people review bombing it for style choices is immature and stupid. Hell, Review Bombing in generally is immature and stupid. If you don't like something, just say you don't like it, say why and move on. If you do it right, you'll help others who probably wouldn't enjoy it not waste the time and money. Just like positive reviews can let people know about games they might not have realized existed that they might enjoy. This is in context of reviewing, not discussion. Discussion is always fine.
Just another in a long line of instances where whiny, entitled morons attack something that dares cater to someone other than themselves.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Forgotten Japan only Lost Planet spin-off E.X. Troopers has received a fan translation patch for both the 3DS and PS3 versions. A real one, not the google translate garbo that was out there before. It requires a cfw modded 3DS/PS3 and obvioously a legit copy of the game (PS3 version must be disc, not PSN), but you can now finally play what is probably the closest we'll ever get to Mega Man Legends 3 in proper English.
I have a copy for PS3 but never played because of the language barrier. Totally gonna try this tonight. Try it in RPCS3 for better resolution/framerate.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Loser.
Dr Disrespect banned from Warzone 2 for trolling on proximity chat - WIN.gg

Meh.
https://www.eurogamer.net/future-dc...larger-connected-universe-james-gunn-confirms

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker