General Gaming News.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

I know the news is old at this point and some probably saw this coming, but fuck, man. I'm geniunely worried for this and next generation of children being exposed to just about anything these days.

Let's not forget, these children very well may be our future leaders

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I know the news is old at this point
Not for me. This the first I've ever heard of this, and it is saddening. Those in charge disgust me as they knew about this man's sick tendencies and did nothing. You fucks do realize he's targeting girls that are part of your target demographic? More parents need to about this pronto! Fuck their money, and the parents should sue. Get a class action lawsuit while everyone is at it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Apparently two fandoms are fighting over an arbitrary voting.

Seriously, get hobbies, people
This feud has been going on a for weeks now. I don't know why Game Rant is jumping on it now.
This *is* the hobby
They need to do a better job with their hobby. Idiots can just make their favorite game, GOTY. Or whatever bullshit category the fans have in mind.

XsjadoBlaydette

Piss-Drinking Nazi Wine-Mums
May 26, 2022
Country
Wales

Tbh didn't realise he was unarrested from the last time.

Yuji Naka.
Yuji Naka, the former boss of Sega's Sonic Team, has reportedly been re-arrested in Japan over fresh allegations of insider trading.

Japanese newspaper Asahi reported today that Naka now stands accused of violating financial laws in relation to another mobile game it is claimed he had insider knowledge of - Final Fantasy 7: The First Soldier.

Specifically, Naka is accused of purchasing 144.7m yen's worth of shares in its developer ATeam (worth around £865k) before The First Soldier was officially announced.

Last month, Naka was reportedly arrested for a similar charge, that time in relation to a Square Enix-published Dragon Quest mobile game.

Then, it was alleged Naka had purchased 2.8m yen's worth of shares in its developer Aiming (around £16.8k), prior to the company's involvement in the project becoming public knowledge.

Several others were reportedly arrested at the same time, including long-time Square Enix developer Taisuke Sazaki, who holds credits for his work on numerous Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts projects.

Eurogamer has contacted Square Enix for comment.

While most famous for his work on Sonic, Naka worked with Square Enix for a brief spell between 2019 and 2021, creating the underwhelming platformer Balan Wonderworld.

In April this year, Naka revealed he had sued Square Enix over his exit from the company, and accused the publisher of booting him off the project before it released Balan Wonderworld in an unfinished state.

Naka is yet to comment publicly on any of the above allegations.

As for The First Soldier, it's set to shutdown on 11th January 2023 - just over a year since it launched.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
So CoD will continue releasing on Steam after the merger, which makes sense, why pass up a market as big as pc? The Nintendo thing is more interesting tho. Technically not new, there were some CoDs on Wii and Wii U. But, how? Cloud versions? Or port CoD Mobile? Or CoD on new Nintendo hardware?

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
So CoD will continue releasing on Steam after the merger, which makes sense, why pass up a market as big as pc? The Nintendo thing is more interesting tho. Technically not new, there were some CoDs on Wii and Wii U. But, how? Cloud versions? Or port CoD Mobile? Or CoD on new Nintendo hardware?
This seems a bit pre-emptive considering the merger is in danger of even being able to happen.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Switch can definitely run modern titles natively, like Witcher 3 and Wolfenstein. But as we all know recent COD titles have been questionably huge in terms of data size. I thnk if they can cut out any unnecessary bullshit, COD games can fit into the Switch.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Switch can definitely run modern titles natively, like Witcher 3 and Wolfenstein. But as we all know recent COD titles have been questionably huge in terms of data size. I thnk if they can cut out any unnecessary bullshit, COD games can fit into the Switch.
Sir/Ma'am, do you realize what blasphemy you're proposing? Cutting unneeded BS out of a COD game?

Exterminatus on your location has been authorized.