Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

A narrative-drive game involving Holocaust. Quite the serious tone, too.

See, a serious subject can be in form of interactive entertainment without feeling forced. Unlike that god-awful MLK memorial in Fortnite
*This War of Mine has entered the chat*

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Exactly. And Valiant Hearts and That Dragon, Cancer. TDC is admittingly a bit boring to play, but it still was a heartbreaking experience.
I haven't played TDC but I legit can't finish the last level of Valiant Hearts without sobbing. The one that's basically a walking simulator for 2 minutes as Emile is being led to the firing squad.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

A narrative-drive game involving Holocaust. Quite the serious tone, too.

See, a serious subject can be in form of interactive entertainment without feeling forced. Unlike that god-awful MLK memorial in Fortnite
Despite epics screw up, a lot of the players actually interacted with each other, friendly, respectful, and didn't act like douchebags nor assholes. Epic still doesn't get credit and they can eat shit and die 1 billion deaths. Those players show the good in humanity, not the butt-fucks at the top.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

XsjadoBlaydette

Piss-Drinking Nazi Wine-Mums
May 26, 2022
Country
Wales
Usually don't share stuff about leaked footage cos prefer to go in blind with certain Devs. But this title I don't give a shit about "spoiling" so fill ya boots, ya thirsty woodland chums!

Late last year, Horizon Forbidden West developer Guerrilla Games confirmed that a multiplayer entry in the post-post-apocalyptic franchise is in the works, and we may have a glimpse of what that could look like. Over on Reddit, a user who goes by BirdonWheels has shared what is claimed to be twelve and a half minutes of footage from a very early build of a planned multiplayer mode of Horizon Forbidden West.

Though moderators have deleted the original post, the video remains available. No doubt the most polarizing thing in there is the in-development art style, which is more akin to the cartoonish aesthetic of Fortnite than the more realistic appearance of Horizon. Nevertheless, it lends credence to the veracity of this leak, as a “stylized look” was referenced in the job listings confirming the multiplayer game.

The footage also shows a wide range of character skins and several different loadout options, including original, healing, damage, and lure. There’s not much evidence of core gameplay ideas, as most of the footage just shows off the environments and general visuals. However, it appears to have a co-op (or at least PvPvE) focus, as evidenced by the presence of the franchise’s hostile machines and bandits.

The link to Horizon Forbidden West is evident from logos and cuts to the pause menu. As such, there’s no guarantee that anything from this leaked version of the multiplayer mode has survived the transition to a new project.

Guerrilla Games is keeping busy alongside this multiplayer project, with Horizon Forbidden West getting a DLC expansion in April and a VR spin-off Horizon Call of the Mountain set to launch alongside PSVR 2 next month.
Oh right, forgot they had a VR title too. That don't even register on the 'shitless wonder' scale.

The video is still up on the Reddit link even though they locked thread:

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
More of the same "we need more games" shit from Spencer.

Anti-Semitisim and Holocaust deniers/downplayers. I really don't get those type of assholes that try to act like one of the worse trials of humanity didn't exists, or act like it was all fun and games. The same assholes that try to downplay or deny American slavery.

Last edited:

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
More of the same "we need more games" shit from Spencer.
"This is why we need to spend billions of dollars buying a problematic, teetering behemoth of a studio, rather than hiring and nurturing independent talent, because I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing." - Phil Spencer, if he was being honest

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
"This is why we need to spend billions of dollars buying a problematic, teetering behemoth of a studio, rather than hiring and nurturing independent talent, because I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing." - Phil Spencer, if he was being honest
Step 1: Buy (More) Studios
Step 2: ??????
Step 3: PROFIT!!!!!

Man, that Business Degree sure was worth it, Phil.

Last edited:

XsjadoBlaydette

Piss-Drinking Nazi Wine-Mums
May 26, 2022
Country
Wales

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
And I shall be there for every tragic bumbling second of it.

Matt's "Wha Happun" YouTube series is gonna surely have a field day with it too, I'd imagine.
I'm eagerly awaiting that video so so much. It's arguably going to be far more entertaining than Skull and Bones will ever be.

Is there a betting pool open for how long before Ubisoft pulls support for the game? I bet the state of Florida, 3 months, max.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Incoming trainwreck. Choo choo, motherfuckers
Ubisoft doesn't really know how to make games anymore. All it makes are vehicles for microtransactions.

Is there a betting pool open for how long before Ubisoft pulls support for the game? I bet the state of Florida, 3 months, max.
I'll see you Ohio and raise you Wyoming. Half a year. Ubisoft isn't that fast.

Reactions: Dalisclock

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Some Forspoken fans were already trying to start shit with Hi-Fi and its fans, because the latter was "stealing thunder and attention" from the former. Welcome to the gaming industry fuck heads. A majority of the Hi-Fi fans don't take them seriously, mocked them, and moved on. This is news makes the Forspoken nuts look all the more pathetic. If people like that game, it's fine, but show some proper respect and don't rag on a game because it's better and doesn't treat its audience like dumb asses who think Joss Whedon humor/writing is all that is needed for a game to succeed.

Last edited: