FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
For the upcoming Marvel's overwatch clone:

That's red flag #1: review embargo/trying to control criticism

What's next? delay just before the initial release date?

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

Square release there new fiscal strategy, and one of the key point is that they'll focus on quality over quantity, which is kinda strange... From an outsider, it seems like the main issue is that they bet big on a few big titles, and when those don't do as well as they thought it blow a big hole in their budget.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
BBBUUUTTTT at the same time it also doesn't quite feel like a PoP game either
Art style change up aside, the game definitely feels like a Prince of Persia game. I hate Ubisoft, but I see nothing wrong so far. The last game didn't exactly look like a PoP game either. All of them are different. What you said basically people were complaining about with the 2008 reboot. Ironic, because many of those same people complaining wanted a sequel in the mid to late 2010s tunes when a nostalgia started hitting.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Art style change up aside, the game definitely feels like a Prince of Persia game. I hate Ubisoft, but I see nothing wrong so far. The last game didn't exactly look like a PoP game either. All of them are different. What you said basically people were complaining about with the 2008 reboot. Ironic, because many of those same people complaining wanted a sequel in the mid to late 2010s tunes when a nostalgia started hitting.
Fair enough. I guess I got a bit distracted on how the series seemed to have forgotten about the titular prince in the title.

Speaking of Ubisoft:

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Square Enix is laying off employees in the US and EU as part of a "restructuring" within the next month.

Not a week goes by without yet another massive layoff in the games industry.

It's going to be years before any new talent is able to break into the space given how many experienced developers are currently looking for work. Anyone currently graduating and looking to get into the games industry is absolutely fucked.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Square Enix is laying off employees in the US and EU as part of a "restructuring" within the next month.

It's going to be years before any new talent is able to break into the space given how many experienced developers are currently looking for work. Anyone currently graduating and looking to get into the games industry is absolutely fucked.
From their Publishing, IT, and Indie departments

Who else wants another 10 years of Final Fantasy 7 and nothing else?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

From their Publishing, IT, and Indie departments

Who else wants another 10 years of Final Fantasy 7 and nothing else?
Fuck off, Square Enix. Ya shit bags tried forced NFTs down everyone's throat and you're throwing those under you to the wolves. Seriously, the only big companies who seem to get things right, and are success without firing/laying off anyone are Capcom, Nintendo, and Valve. Feel free add anyone I'm missing.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

To give SE some credit, the last major layoff was back in 2013. And I like to think they have been doing alright for themselves if they managed to keep the company going for all these years. But yes, layoffs are still shitty regardless because all those failed games, disappointing sales, and going all in on NFT was made by execs, but employees are the ones paying the price for it

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
U.S. Govt is at it again! nth attempt on trying to paint all gamers as crazed, violent, unreasoable psychos

I mean gee, it has not worked before, so why not try again?
They were already doing this since twenty twenty one, remember? NSA? They're only doing this track the guys who infiltrate it into the gaming and nerd sphere. The jackasses who are part of the alt-right and ultra conservatives. The ones going through gaming to recruit young kids make them do foolish and horrible things.

Last edited:

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Huh, I don't think we ever had an open-world game where we get to play as an Ancient Mongolian. Neat Idea, hopefully we get an in-dept look at their culture and their ways of life