General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Almost like animation can produce fantastical worlds and characters on the "cheap", as opposed to live-action where you'd need a James Cameron level budget to make this shit look good. Almost like they really should never have bothered.

Factor into that this being Netflix live-action. When's the last time anything Netflix live-action looked good? The Sandman maybe?
The Sandman was just last year.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Pussies.

Last edited:

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
So in other words, the Flash might be a flash in the pan, as Elemental failed to find its spark, due to a tangled web that was woven, making people a'Verse to them due to Spidey going the extra Miles?

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Elemental really looks bad doesn't it? Like, just visually bad. Which is rare for Pixar. Really not sure what they were going for there.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Elemental really looks bad doesn't it? Like, just visually bad. Which is rare for Pixar. Really not sure what they were going for there.
Not my style of art, but I welcome it for being different. It just doesn't look like another Pixar/Pixar style film. Anyone can tell it's a Pixar movie by looking, but Elemental has its own style.

I actually rather like how it looks.
I can see why.

These are two opposite opinions, yet Brawlman liked them both.

Okay. 0_0
I can see where both are coming from, but I'm more in favor of Gordon on this one.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Actually doesn't look like complete shit (though it still probably will be).

His voice though... Never thought I'd want there to be a fake russian accent, but now I kinda do.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia

"So James, is Blue Beetle in the DCEU or the DCU?"

James Gunn: "The first DCU character, for sure, is Blue Beetle” while Superman: Legacy is “the first full DCU movie.”

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Actually doesn't look like complete shit (though it still probably will be).

His voice though... Never thought I'd want there to be a fake russian accent, but now I kinda do.
"Power is about strength". Redundant much, redundant.

I liked the part where Kraven said "It's Kraving time!" and then kraved all over his opponents.

Yes, I feel ashamed for using that meme.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia

I'll be honest, I don't think this article is on the money, the idea that Avatar's in competition with itself. Regardless of how you feel about the adaptation (heck, how you feel about live-action adaptations of anime/cartoons in general), that isn't really the issue at hand. As in, if we're going by the article's logic, if "Avatar A" includes Last Airbender, Legend of Korra, plus novels, plus comics, plus everything else, and "Avatar B" is the Netflix series and nothing else, even if it's the best thing ever, it's still operating from an inherent disadvantage in terms of lore.

Sort of reminds me of the Kelvinverse Star Trek films. Were they good films? Yes. Did they get expanded on? No, because if you're playing in the Star Trek sandbox, you have much more to work with in the Prime universe rather than the Kelvin one.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

I'll be honest, I don't think this article is on the money, the idea that Avatar's in competition with itself. Regardless of how you feel about the adaptation (heck, how you feel about live-action adaptations of anime/cartoons in general), that isn't really the issue at hand. As in, if we're going by the article's logic, if "Avatar A" includes Last Airbender, Legend of Korra, plus novels, plus comics, plus everything else, and "Avatar B" is the Netflix series and nothing else, even if it's the best thing ever, it's still operating from an inherent disadvantage in terms of lore.

Sort of reminds me of the Kelvinverse Star Trek films. Were they good films? Yes. Did they get expanded on? No, because if you're playing in the Star Trek sandbox, you have much more to work with in the Prime universe rather than the Kelvin one.
I rather just watch the animated movie and move on. We already all know that's in production, and that's probably going to turn out better than whatever the live action series is doing.

Reactions: Hawki

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
So that's three flops in a row now. Blue Beetle might become a fourth. Aquaman will probably do ok to pretty good. Tho I suspect from Warner's pov a box office that's only ok might as well be a flop too. Damn David Zaslav, really earning that 500 mil you've been paid so far, aren't you?

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
Yes, I feel ashamed for using that meme.
I love it when Kraven forced his father to dig his own Krave.
I love the part where the trailer shows you spiders, so you think Spider-Man is in the movie, but then Spider-Man isn’t in the movie. Literal chills.
Loved the post credit scene when Kraven meets up with 5 other villains and says 'so... we all feeling sinister?'
It's gonna be a movie of all time for sure.

Reactions: Hawki