General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I wouldn't worry too much about it being too woke. Word is lots of people fell asleep watching it.
Most of the people in that cast aren’t controversial. John Voight is a ride or die Republican Trumper, but he’s also got loads of street cred because he’s a good actor and has been around for decades. And audiences as far as I observed don’t like Shia not because he’s under suspicion - something I didn’t know about until 30 seconds ago - but because he’s a tweaked out weirdo with an on screen persona of that one guy even the D&D nerds would give a swirlie to in the 80s.

Like the rest of that cast is solid as fuck and should by all rights - along with Coppola’s own name - should be able to draw serious attention without him spewing into a mic.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Like the rest of that cast is solid as fuck and should by all rights - along with Coppola’s own name - should be able to draw serious attention without him spewing into a mic.
That's why I was wondering if somehow some marketing nerd was able to convince him to try and draw in the anti woke crowd. Hell, I'm shocked the man knows what woke means.

If he truly gave a shit about not making a woke movie, he'd have cast someone controversial in the lead, instead of universally loved Adam Driver.

Reactions: BrawlMan

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
Linkin Park is officially back with a new lead singer in Emily Armstrong, lead singer of Dead Sara, as well as a new drummer in Colin Brittain. Here's their new single.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Linkin Park is officially back with a new lead singer in Emily Armstrong, lead singer of Dead Sara, as well as a new drummer in Colin Brittain. Here's their new single.

Listening to it now! Loving it! The music video just got posted now.

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
She has responded to the Danny Masterson link, as well as implicitly the Scientology link.

I don't like Scientology either, but I don't know why people are jumping only on her about it. Tom Cruise is still with them last I checked, but people don't rag on him about it. Is Armstrong still with Scientology? If she is then, I can still live with that, because I'm not gonna abandon all of Linkin Park. As long as she's not being an asshole, then I'm not gonna be upset about it.

Last edited:

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
I don't like Scientology either, but I don't know why people are jumping only on her about it. Tom Cruise It's still with them last I checked, but people don't rag on him about it. Is Armstrong still with Scientology? If she is then I can still live with that, because i'm not gonna abandon all of Linkin Park. As long as she's not being an asshole that i'm not gonna be upset about it.
She is, but I honestly don't hold it against her either. She was apparently born into it, and Scientology is, like any cult, ridiculously difficult to break away from.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I have no stake in Linkin Park or the new vocalist, but anyone who is part of Scientology at worst can fuck right off and at best deserves some heavy duty side eye.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America