General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
It's been confirmed that The Acolyte will not be getting a second season.

Personally I have no stake in this show, because I haven't watched it. Usually if a show is released on a weekly basis I prefer for the entire season to come out before I start watching. It seems like in this case it was a good choice, as the show apparently ended on a cliffhanger and now there's no point in watching it since the cliffhanger will never be resolved.

Oh well, I can scratch that off my backlog.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

Personally I have no stake in this show, because I haven't watched it. Usually if a show is released on a weekly basis I prefer for the entire season to come out before I start watching. It seems like in this case it was a good choice, as the show apparently ended on a cliffhanger and now there's no point in watching it since the cliffhanger will never be resolved.

Probably for the best. I thought the choreography was fantastic, but that's not exactly something we can't see again in any other Star Wars show.

Pretty embarrassing for Disney for the first foray into the High Republic to flop this hard. The show didn't deserve the vitriol it got, but it also definitely doesn't deserve another season.

Reactions: BrawlMan

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

Well they did kill off the fan-favorite character, aka the only reason why anyone would watch this crap, near the end. Figures no one really wanted to watch it after that.

The character Master Sol seemed to have generated much hype, especially in Korea. Everyone there seemed to agree it was a stupid way to kill off the character

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

A shame but if I had to pick between a second season of Andor or The Acolyte then I’d pick Andor.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

Looks great, I'm wondering if the 40K bit is the big project that the guy behind Astartes is working on. Also, it is hilarious that Concorde is on here lmao

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

If Star Wars does this and doesn't botch it I will never care about Star Wars being woke ever again.

Edit: Spoiler, and horror warnings.

Last edited:

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

My god, this looks to be an emotional roller coaster. Sure the later movies did get corny (especially Superman 4), but I argue that was on the writers and not the actors.

I knew about his condition, how he inspired many via his foundation, and how he died, but I didn't realize how much struggle he went through all the while smiling all the way. Definitely going to see this.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I wouldn't worry too much about it being too woke. Word is lots of people fell asleep watching it.
Guess after defending Victor Salva and casting Bill Cosby in one of his movies he might as well actively seek out the shitheads.