General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
And so it begins -

Basically surpasses the first in the most obvious aspects, but OTOH a good chunk aren’t fond of the 48fps treatment. However, first guess why it’s presented that way is to make the 3D smoother.

Also -

So yeah, expect momentum to continue with this franchise.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

Apparently this drops today.

I have no idea if it's any good yet, but this makes it look like Dragon Age meets THIEF. But with more blood spray....So Dragon Age. All I know beyond this is apparently it's about doing Heists in Tevinter AKA Evil Byzantine Empire.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Nothing new here, but thank you for the news. As for you Mr. Cavill, you did an excellent job as the Man of Steel. Don't let any of these assholes and bitches tell you differently. My family and I still love you.

WB/DC...fuck off! My original plan is still on track. See Shazam and I won't be touching your new stuff. I don't care James Gunn is on board.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
DC really is a joke huh? I'm not even that big a fan of Cavill's Superman, but this is just silly. Might as well throw everything out already.

Like, genuinely, not trying to be glib. What's the point in keeping any of the old DCEU going if they're just going to get rid of a few select characters and actors? The last win they had was Aquaman (at least both financially and critically), which was a whole FOUR years ago.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
DC really is a joke huh? I'm not even that big a fan of Cavill's Superman, but this is just silly. Might as well throw everything out already.

Like, genuinely, not trying to be glib. What's the point in keeping any of the old DCEU going if they're just going to get rid of a few select characters and actors? The last win they had was Aquaman (at least both financially and critically), which was a whole FOUR years ago.
Even when they win, they still find a way to fuck up and everybody loses, except them. I know mainly this is happening because of Discovery buying them out, and the fuckwad owner firing every non-white or female behind the scenes. I hate to wish bad on anyone, but this reboot universe can go to hell. They literally fucking had it. Sure, WW84 is flawed and had to be released on home video because of COVID, but was an app killer for HBO MAX. Plus, the DVD and Blu Rays sales made up for it! I don't care for the Snyder Cut, but it got success! Once again, all WB/DC-Discovery have left going is Batman! I like Batman, but I want to see other characters played by their same actors to comeback! Except Ezra Miller! They're gonna suffer some kind of way. All I can is I am glad alot of these actors are able to find success and other projects not related to superheroes and DC. So they got something to fall back on.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
I'm in! Adam Driver has been killing it after Star Wars. I am happy for the man. This looks to be a better Jurassic Park movie than the new trilogy.
This might be weird, but I noticed that Adam Driver was a good actor from his appearances on SNL. I never saw him break character, not even a little giggle at stupid or outlandish lines. I never saw him overact. Each character was different, he didn’t do the same guy over and over.
And I never saw or noticed him reading cue cards.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Between this and The Witcher, it must really suck to be Henry Cavill at the moment.

Its not a huge loss for me personally, because the DC era that Henry's Superman existed in was hot garbage, but it really sucks to see Henry get shafted like this, so soon after the last time. The dude is just such a massive nerd, and he seemed really passionate about these characters....

I hope that he finds some good work.

With that said, I am really curious to see where DC goes from here. They are in such a weird point in time at the moment. You've got the shambling corpse of the DCEU, which is still somehow releasing movies, but is dropping actors left and right. You've got the successful, (currently) standalone The Batman/Joker films. And now there is whatever James Gunn has got cooking over there. More than anything, I think I just want some clarity as to what the future of DC looks like.

I do hope DC gets its shit together.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I hope that he finds some good work.
He will.

I do hope DC gets its shit together.
Even with James Gunn on board, more than likely not. Not with that asshole from Discovery at the top in charge.

I honestly don't see the point of these Scream movies anymore. I stopped caring after the third movie. Let the series rest with Wes Craven. I haven't seen the trailer, but I'm not interested in watching. If I happen to see the trailer when I'm at the theater, so be it.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
He will.

Even with James Gunn on board, more than likely not. Not with that asshole from Discovery at the top in charge.

I honestly don't see the point of these Scream movies anymore. I stopped caring after the third movie. Let the series rest with Wes Craven. I haven't seen the trailer, but I'm not interested in watching. If I happen to see the trailer when I'm at the theater, so be it.
I'm pretty certain I saw both movies at a school trip or a teen date night. Looking back on it the reverence and nostalgia for the Scream movies feel like a Zeitgeist thing to me. I never found them to be particularly clever or quality. It was a movie that came out during the Clinton Era good times of America (not crediting, just saying the 90s were an awesome time for movies) .

"Its just a slasher movie aping slasher movie tropes!"

"...ok"

That said the acting was fine/good. People keep coming back for it so my opinion must be off on it, I suppose.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm pretty certain I saw both movies at a school trip or a teen date night. Looking back on it the reverence and nostalgia for the Scream movies feel like a Zeitgeist thing to me. I never found them to be particularly clever or quality. It was a movie that came out during the Clinton Era good times of America (not crediting, just saying the 90s were an awesome time for movies) .

"Its just a slasher movie aping slasher movie tropes!"

"...ok"

That said the acting was fine/good. People keep coming back for it so my opinion must be off on it, I suppose.
I don't deny all that, but I still see no need for any more of the sequels. At the end of the day, it's just another slasher movie doing a lampshade hang and talking about tropes. There's nothing unique about that anymore. I know the latest movie has a new generation a slasher characters and victims, but I just don't care. If I'm in that need of a slasher that is somewhat self aware, I got plenty of others to choose.