General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
No it isn't, but when you add up the talent involved, the characters it had, the reams of story material available, the sheer iconography both the main characters represent......how and why did we get a shitty cocktail comprising of one part Dark Knight Returns and two parts Death of Superman with Wonder Woman as the olive and served to us in a dirty glass?
Isn't that exactly what we should expect, given the examples of zillions of other big budget movies about popular franchises with lots of big names behind them?

I haven't seen the film, myself.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

In the latest news, Moviebob still hates Batman v Superman

In other news, water is wet

Seriously Bob why did you make another video about this movie?
I already knew about this a few weeks ago. Screw him. I thought Batman v. Superman was just okay, but I never had a desire to watch it again. I saw the director's cut once, and it marginally improved some things for me. He had it out for the DCEU since day one.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
I already knew about this a few weeks ago. Screw him. I thought Batman v. Superman was just okay, but I never had a desire to watch it again. I saw the director's cut once, and it marginally improved some things for me. He had it out for the DCEU since day one.
Bob is a manchild that grew up on Silver Age/Bronze Age DC/Marvel and still can't let go or tolerate any other direction

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Bob is a manchild that grew up on Silver Age/Bronze Age DC/Marvel and still can't let go or tolerate any other direction
What else is new? This info I realized around 2008. Mr. "the 90s suck and anything dark sucked in that era!".

Anyways, just found out about this

Oh yeah, that was posted last week. I wish the best of luck, there is no need for another MJ film. The Jackson 5 TV film was more than enough and covered all the areas.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
He loved Watchmen and found Logan terrific.

If people are curious about other takes on Batman v Superman, Patrick H Willems did a video on Zack Snyder's entire filmography which I found interesting.

At 56:20 he starts talking about a point that I found really interesting, as in it kinda reveals the entire authorial intent behind Batman v Superman.

Last edited:

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
A CGI-talking-dog movie.... That's rated R? Okay, I'm definitely going to see this

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
He loved Watchmen and found Logan terrific.
Those are the exception, and not rule. This still doesn't change facts that Bob hates/insults on the fans of lots of movies, shows, and games he hates. See the rest of the DCEU, Bay Transformers, anything related to Spawn, etc. Can't make up his mind on all of the X-Men films, and constantly changes his opinions on whether the early movies were good or not. That's all I am going to say, as I am not turning this into another MB thread. We already got two different ones.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Those are the exception, and not rule.
There is nothing wrong with having a preference, and my point was made in response to the statement that he cannot tolerate any other direction.
This still doesn't change facts that Bob hates/insults on the fans of lots of movies, shows, and games he hates.
He hasn't done that for years.
That's all I am going to say, as I am not turning this into another MB thread.
If you say so.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
He hasn't done that for years.
Speak for yourself. He's only slightly better about. Also, dude stalked a woman who had no interests in him at all. Tried to make excuses and backpedal on it. Fuck him. He's never apologized much for being an asshole or made fake attempts. My word is final on this.

There is nothing wrong with having a preference, and my point was made in response to the statement that he cannot tolerate any other direction.
Nothing wrong indeed, but Bob is known to be a huge flip-flopper and contrarian. Nothing has changed aside from him being bitter and having a dwindling fan base.

If you say so.
Damn straight! I know so too.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

So this is going to be a thing.

I don't know how to feel honestly. None of it seems particularly funny though I suspect not everything in the original movie aged particularly well either. It comes across as "Drunk History" more then anything else.

Granted I like "Drunk History" but still.....

I am sad we're not getting "Jews in Space" if for the low hanging joke about "Jewish Space Lasers".

Should we have held out for Spaceballs 2: The Search for more Money?

Last edited:

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

So this is going to be a thing.

I don't know how to feel honestly. None of it seems particularly funny though I suspect not everything in the original movie aged particularly well either. It comes across as "Drunk History" more then anything else.

Granted I like "Drunk History" but still.....

I am sad we're not getting "Jews in Space" if for the long hanging joke about "Jewish Space Lasers".

Should we have held out for Spaceballs 2: The Search for more Money?
Look I’ll be honest, as long as Mel Brooks got an amazing payday out of this, it can be as shit as it likes. If this funds Mel’s last great Vegas bender before he shuffles off the mortal coil, it’s money well spent.

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Oh goody, another writers strike. Haven't seen that in little over a decade. I wonder if Michael Bay is going to blame it again for his movie turning out so bad. If he's got a movie coming out this year.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Why do they keep doing sequels to FLCL? The last two weren't even that close to good. Adult Swim, please let some things end. I can already see myself not even bothering with this.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Fast n Furious has come to the 10th main film, and may be the last

IDK, I would actually love to see some of the main characters actually die

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Fast n Furious has come to the 10th main film, and may be the last
When it makes money, they'll make another one or it will be a soft reboot again.

IDK, I would actually love to see some of the main characters actually die
After reconning Han's death, I highly doubt it.

Dom just killed two helicopters by colliding them into each other. That is so impossible that it reaches back into this is stupid and funny territory. I'm still not seeing it.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Dom just killed two helicopters by colliding them into each other. That is so impossible that it reaches back into this is stupid and funny territory. I'm still not seeing it.
What did you expect from guys who went to outer space in the last movie?