General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Yeah, did anyone look at that and think that was supposed to be a masculine person there? Sure, she's not smuggling watermelons, nor is she dressed solely in dental floss, but I'm guessing that's an image of someone supposed to be feminine.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
I don't see it. She looks how Barbara looks in purple with the next picture you posted afterward. At least wait until we see it in motion with the trailer. Until then, I'll refrain from judgement. So far I am not seeing any issues, I am eager to watch, and curious.

You're best bet is an animated movie or TV show with a great budget. Look, I appreciate awesome art and proper costume accuracy and representation, not everything needs to bat for a 1000% it has to be this way or DIE! Be happy we actually have colorful costume. and not the late 90s/early 2000s where a good amount of comic book has their heroes wear black. Less they be not taken seriously or seen as "too goofy".
You need to do like a World of Warcraft CGI Trailer type of animation if you wanna adapt Alex Ross' art style.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Yeah, did anyone look at that and think that was supposed to be a masculine person there? Sure, she's not smuggling watermelons, nor is she dressed solely in dental floss, but I'm guessing that's an image of someone supposed to be feminine.
This another case of a comic book fan being spoiled, claiming they are doing the costume "wrong". I hate shit like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thaluikhain

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

I feel like I say this about every damn Disney+ MCU show (and am almost always disappointed), but this looks good. I admittedly don't know much about Moon Knight other than the memes, but I guess that's what's so exciting about it. Oscar Isaac is pretty much good in everything, I think he was a fantastic choice. That last action scene towards the end really has me hoping we'll see a return to Daredevil fight scene choreography.

It's also premiering in March, which is definitely a surprise to me. Did they put out trailers this late for all the other shows?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
So does it take place after Train to Busan, during, or before, during, and after? Or is this an alternate continuity or reboot? I know a lot of people did not like Penninsula.
No idea, but IMDb might have more info at the risk of spoilers.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
No idea, but IMDb might have more info at the risk of spoilers.
I just checked, it's based on a web toon.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm already loving this movie. My only gripe is at the title sounds very generic. Other than that, I'm always happy to see Iko Uwais in a leading role. I'm glad they found someone from Hollywood (I am assuming) that knows how to use him, because a majority of the industry clearly does not know to use him.

Edit: I didn't even know this is a sequel to a TV series that has been on Netflix for 2 years now. Why didn't you guys tell me about this?! I'm going to watch this TV series either this weekend or next week, so I can catch up!

Last edited:

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I'm already loving this movie. My only gripe is at the title sounds very generic. Other than that, I'm always happy to see Iko Uwais in a leading role. I'm glad I found someone from Hollywood (I am assuming) that knows how to use them, because a majority of the industry clearly does not know to use him.

Edit: I didn't even know this is a sequel to a TV series that it's been on Netflix for 2 years now. Why didn't you guys tell me about this?! I'm going to watch this TV series either this weekend or next week, so I can catch up!

The Wu Assassins is a very cheesy good time with some great fight scenes. Some of the best come from Juju Chan's character Zan: chief enforcer of the San Francisco Triads (Chan is herself an accomplished body builder and martial artist) and Uwais is as ever, an utter treat. Show probably won't change your life but its got a sense of fun and all the talent have it where it counts.

Its funny actually because if I watched it now after seeing Shang Chi, I wouldn't be surprised if you told me this was a spin off from that movie at a more street level like Ironfist (only not shit). Like Simu Liu could have walked on screen even in his Shang Chi outfit on any episode and not looked out of place.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Criterion made another booboo.

Thanks for reaching out and apologies for this disappointing error which affects our recently released A HARD DAY'S NIGHT 4K UHD disc.

We will have replacement discs on hand in March. If you'd like a replacement, please email us back with the following:

Your name and a mailing address that will be valid for at least the next 3 months

A photo of the defective A HARD DAY'S NIGHT 4K UHD disc with your name and date written on the front/art side (using a sharpie or paint marker - you can write this info on the lighter portion of the disc, and take a photo against a light source so your name and date are visible). You do not need to break the disc.

The Blu-ray and DVD of A HARD DAY'S NIGHT are not affected and do not need to be replaced

You're welcome to submit this information closer to March, if you prefer, or contact the original vendor now regarding refund, exchange, or credit options.
Quality Control must be pretty underfunded across the industry for there to be so many replacement programs. In A Hard Day's Night, it's because of two incorrect shots towards the end of the movie. Anyone who knows the movie or compared it with the old Blu-ray side by side would have noticed easily.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
This and the Mario movie later will be the opening shots for the VGCU. Trust me on this. Also, post-credits crossover teaser in Sonic's upcoming flick.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
This and the Mario movie later will be the opening shots for the VGCU. Trust me on this. Also, post-credits crossover teaser in Sonic's upcoming flick.
Wow, and I thought Sony trailers gave away the whole plot of their movies.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Wow, and I thought Sony trailers gave away the whole plot of their movies.
I hadn't actually watched it because, you know, Rabbids, and my tolerance for dumb slapstick while screaming BWAAAAAAH isn't as high as it once was.

But yup, you're right. Saves anyone who watched the trailer the ordeal of watching the whole movie tho. Absolute win.