General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Hmm, could be fun. No John DiMaggio would suck tho.
Another revival? Futurama already had about four different series finales that are final endings. Just let some things end for Christ sake. I'm not invested in this. I know the writers of this show have another new show that is on Netflix, but it looks even less interesting and definitely did not have the spark. Move on people.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I liked Futurama but I felt like it ended well at the end and I'm done. I don't see any need to bring it back. It's story is told. We've already got a show that never ends and I've lost all interest in and it's called The Simpsons.
I consider the sixth season of The Simpsons and The Simpsons Movie as the series finale. The true ending. It's exactly how I feel about the recent Fast & Furious movies too. I consider the seventh movie, the final movie. Everything else afterward is just a glorified fanfiction.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Another revival? Futurama already had about four different series finales that are final endings. Just let some things end for Christ sake. I'm not invested in this. I know the writers of this show have another new show that is on Netflix, but it looks even less interesting and definitely did not have the spark. Move on people.
I liked Futurama but I felt like it ended well at the end and I'm done. I don't see any need to bring it back. It's story is told. We've already got a show that never ends and I've lost all interest in and it's called The Simpsons.
Yeah, I suppose that's true. Futurama had a good run and there's really no place to but down. But I'm a sucker for this show, so I know I'll just cave and watch it. Maybe I'll get a few more good jokes out of it.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I consider the sixth season of The Simpsons and The Simpsons Movie as the series finale. The true ending. It's exactly how I feel about the recent Fast & Furious movies too. I consider the seventh movie, the final movie. Everything else afterward is just a glorified fanfiction.
I had given up on the simpsons but the movie was so good I came back.....and then left again pretty quickly. I don't know what it is but the Movie worked in a crisp 2 hours while the show just keeps going on and on to the point I just didn't care anymore.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I had given up on the simpsons but the movie was so good I came back.....and then left again pretty quickly. I don't know what it is but the Movie worked in a crisp 2 hours while the show just keeps going on and on to the point I just didn't care anymore.
Exactly why I stopped after the movies. There was nothing there, nor a point to continue.

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Yeah, I suppose that's true. Futurama had a good run and there's really no place to but down. But I'm a sucker for this show, so I know I'll just cave and watch it. Maybe I'll get a few more good jokes out of it.
Do you as wish. Just remember that there are possible consequences may be dire.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Looks like we're getting Kenobi relatively soon. Which makes The Book of Boba Fett even more confusing, because we're going to get another show presumably set mostly in Tatooine. I am pretty fucking sick and tired of Tatooine at this point. Still, Ewan McGregor as Obi-wan again. It's not like I WON'T be watching it.

Attachments

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

I have no nostalgia at all for the Jurassic Park franchise, I don't think I've watched any of the original three in full, but it looks okay I guess? Seems like a pretty big cast.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

I have no nostalgia at all for the Jurassic Park franchise, I don't think I've watched any of the original three in full, but it looks okay I guess? Seems like a pretty big cast.
It looks better than the last one at least. It's nice they brought back Dr. Grant, so I might see the movie, just to see him again. I meant I do like the vibe of it, because it has a Dinosaur equivalent of Dawn of the Dead feel to it. Also, this movie, in the last movie are the closest we're going to get to a live-action Dino Crisis movie at this point.

Can Regina make a cameo please? Feel free to sell out anytime Capcom.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Men? Men! Men?? Men...men.

Points awarded for obliviously murdering the original meaning of "teaser" I guess.