General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
And I'm sure James Cameron is somewhere wailing and gnashing his teeth in agony over that fact. XD
He's got his billions to help him dry all those tears, every night. Big baby boy will live.

But seriously, my response was at the general incredulity that Avatar might have fans and "where the heck have these Avatar fans been hiding?"
Speaking of which....

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Without watching a 22-minute video with a cynical thumbnail calling into question whether or not "anyone" cares about a sequel to one the most popular movies of all time, I'll say that, without a doubt, people DO care and people WILL watch. Individuals' disinterest means absolutely nothing. Will it match the success of the first film? Time will tell. Will it changes the minds of people who actively disparage the first film? Probably not, and neither does it matter.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'll say that, without a doubt, people DO care and people WILL watch. Individuals' disinterest means absolutely nothing. Will it match the success of the first film? Time will tell. Will it changes the minds of people who actively disparage the first film? Probably not, and neither does it matter.
Pretty much what Korey and the entire crew said. Korey did enjoy the original movie, but thought the story was nothing special. As much as I like Double Toasted, they need to tone it down on some of the click and bait titles. I get it, money can be hard at times, but there are doing fairly well, all things considered.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I don't have link but the rest of the characters for Dune 2 have finished casting.

Christopher Walken as the Emperor. The memes will write themselves.
Austin Butler (?) as Feyd. Guess he looks the part.
Florence Pugh as the Princess. Dunno about this one. Is the princess pudgy and frumpy in the books?

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Austin Butler (?) as Feyd. Guess he looks the part.
Florence Pugh as the Princess. Dunno about this one. Is the princess pudgy and frumpy in the books?
I think these are good choices, actually.

Florence Pugh certainly knows how to be regal, see Little Women. And I can see Austin Butler as Feyd. He (Austin) fits the pretty-boy archtype, but has also been able to portray menace (see Arrow).

Again, where the heck have these Avatar fans been hiding? Crazy.
I've been here for six years, in plain sight...

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia

This actually doesn't look too bad. Generic? Absolutely. But bad? Not really. If nothing else, they do lean on Umbrella's corporate aspect.

It's been a long while since we got a solo Green Lantern anything. I am in.

I bet a lot of people's faces lit up seeing that. Hope the animators aren't too green. They can't just go Cruzing along, being Gardeners. But maybe they'll have good Stewartship, and sort things out from the Broome closet, and say "yes we Kane" over and over. Still, I have to go, as outside, it's getting a little Raynier.

(Yes, I'm terrible.)

Reactions: BrawlMan

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia

...remember all the years I've ranted about Halo 4 and its poor plot?

I take it back. :(

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
It's been a long while since we got a solo Green Lantern anything. I am in.
It's been a while since we got John Stewart in anything. Which is... bizarre. You have a character popular with younger fans AND who brings in some diversity AND has historically been part of the Justice League. Buuuuut nope, let's go with Cyborg. He's black, he'll do.

Yikes. Just when I thought things were turning around after that above average battle sequence a few weeks ago.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

How is that show actually tracking? Like not among the lore purists who are pissed off, but just like, people who watch it?

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

This actually doesn't look too bad. Generic? Absolutely. But bad? Not really. If nothing else, they do lean on Umbrella's corporate aspect.
Wait, didn't they already do a Resident Evil movie last year?

Kicks the sequel’s appeal up a notch by default.
You know...this guy....Paul...Atr-ei-des, you know...he is....CRAZY....his voice is....real awkward and...he...you know...HURTS you with...it

Fun fact, there's a lyrics in Fatboy Slim's Weapon of Choice that goes "Walk without rhythm and it won't attract the worm"

Coincidink? I think not!

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
How is that show actually tracking? Like not among the lore purists who are pissed off, but just like, people who watch it?
No idea.

I should be clear that I haven't seen the show, so for all I know, the kiss makes sense, but whatever this is, it sure as hell ain't Halo as we know it.
That was a movie, this is a TV series.

Arguably semantics, granted.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
You know...this guy....Paul...Atr-ei-des, you know...he is....CRAZY....his voice is....real awkward and...he...you know...HURTS you with...it

Fun fact, there's a lyrics in Fatboy Slim's Weapon of Choice that goes "Walk without rhythm and it won't attract the worm"

Coincidink? I think not!
Hmmm…Are there sand worms in Dune? Because if there aren’t, it would be a sorely missed opportunity here.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
That's another adaption in the dumpster pile. I've already knew about this adoption that was rumored all the way back in 2019 or 2020. I have no interest in watching those garbage, so have at it whoever is a fan of it, or wants to be a fan of it