General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Plus what the fuck is 'Lean in' against 'Lean back'?
If I had to guess, "Lean in" would mean people watch the shows because they're genuinely invested, while "Lean back" would be putting on a show to have in the background while you do something else, or not really caring about what you're watching as you relax and chill. Like, you lean in towards the screen, versus leaning back on the couch to get comfy.

And what the fuck is with "fandoms" vs. "genredoms"? Are they saying women aren't fans of specific shows, or that guys aren't drawn to certain genres?
I think that's exactly what they're saying lol. To be fair, I do know a fair amount of women who like to watch any true crime thing. But that's about it, if anything, I'd say women tend to get into "fandoms" more.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Not going anywhere near this.
No wait... No I think I would actually pay to see a theater perform some kind of Batman musical. Have Bruce and Penguin doing a duet about how money should be used, give Joker a big and showy number on chaos and killing, Two Faced gets a nice swanky jazz number.

Yes, give it to me. I want to see a Batman musical. (Specifically a theater performance)

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
No wait... No I think I would actually pay to see a theater perform some kind of Batman musical. Have Bruce and Penguin doing a duet about how money should be used, give Joker a big and showy number on chaos and killing, Two Faced gets a nice swanky jazz number.

Yes, give it to me. I want to see a Batman musical. (Specifically a theater performance)
Done. These are all a billion times better than whatever 3+ hours of suffering in that soon to be disaster!

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria

Looks like we've got a title and release date for Seth Rogen's Ninja Turtles.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Looks like we've got a title and release date for Seth Rogen's Ninja Turtles.
Sucks that we never got a third Turtles movie for the 2014 series. The third movie could have happened, but was canceled because of a Paramount executive producer's swelling ego and overly high expectations. I do look forward to the film, but Seth Rogen can still screw off or trying to sell nfts.

Reactions: Thaluikhain

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Cry Macho was kind of a dud, but bloody hell this new CEO sounds like a total shitheel. I will not be buying the next MK if it’s still under WB, because he will probably turn it into a GAAS shitfest.
I won't be buying nearly anything WB at this point. If this soulless turd butchers the Wonder Woman game, you can definitely count me out. MK I literally can't touch anymore, because of the mental abuse/torture the developers went through on both X and 11, and their boss is not giving them the break or mental help they need.

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Maybe this time they'll actually focused on the animal characters and not some dumb wedding with an even worthless punchline!
The wedding was barely addressed to begin with. Hell, it was mostly an excuse to have Tom and Maddie be somewhere else while Sonic and Tails dealt with the main plot.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The wedding was barely addressed to begin with. Hell, it was mostly an excuse to have Tom and Maddie be somewhere else while Sonic and Tails dealt with the main plot.
Which makes its inclusion all the more infuriating. None of that stuff was needed.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Big surprise -
Hang in there Jamie Lee, you're almost done... right? Right?!