Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
It’s not the director’s job to make up lore. And since fans inevitably ***** about it I too am happy for them to wank out an explanation for the not unreasonable question of why has no one thought about hitting ships with large chunks of metal or rock moving at hyper speed until now?
I'm still annoyed that missles/torpedos aren't used much in the movies. The video games figured this out but apparently everyone wants Pew Pew Lasers. We even got to see mines ONCE.

I WANT MY MISSLE BOAT! 3000 missles of moar dakka!

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
I'm still annoyed that missles/torpedos aren't used much in the movies. The video games figured this out but apparently everyone wants Pew Pew Lasers. We even got to see mines ONCE.

I can understand the movies avoiding missiles and torpedoes in combat. The space combat in the original Star Wars was heavily inspired by WWII dogfighting and missiles, torpedoes and rockets weren’t used against other planes. Plus missiles aren’t very cinematically exciting.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I can understand the movies avoiding missiles and torpedoes in combat. The space combat in the original Star Wars was heavily inspired by WWII dogfighting and missiles, torpedoes and rockets weren’t used against other planes. Plus missiles aren’t very cinematically exciting.
You're not using enough missiles

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
They aren't? That's news to me.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Tell me you’ve never watched Macross without telling me you’ve never watched Macross.

Or either Top Gun film.

Reactions: BrawlMan and Hawki

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

There was a fair amount of missiles and torpedos in the Prequels. There's a special place in my heart for the beginning of Ep 3, with the all the fucking ordnance flying about with sexy new visual and sound effects. I always loved that level in the original Lego Star Wars games and Battlefront 2.

I guess the lack of them in the Sequels can be blamed on their obsession with making those movies F E E L like the original trilogy (insert dunkey voice). And by extension, WWII dogfighting. The infamous TLJ bombing run comes to mind.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Not to mention the trench run was straight up from Dambusters.

The infamous TLJ bombing run comes to mind.
You've just reminded us all that that scene exists. Boo!

Reactions: Dalisclock