General Movies, Music, Web Show, and TV News Thread

hanselthecaretaker2

Flask restoration in progress
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Shouldn't that byline read "Stephen King novel 'The Running Man' getting new adaptation"?
Technically yes, but I guess it doesn’t grab clicks as much. They did at least elaborate on that in the article. I’m wondering if King knows or even cares. Seems like this book was, as they said, “overflow” for him.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Wonder which is culturally bigger, King or Schwarzenegger?

In any case, reality TV is evil...yeah, that's been done to death, surely?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

More people are familiar with the movie than the book, so that should tell you something. Not to mention the guy in the original book wasn't muscular nor physical shape like Arnold Schwarzenegger was. He is just some regular guy with average size and average body weight.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

hanselthecaretaker2

Flask restoration in progress
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

More people are familiar with the movie than the book, so that should tell you something. Not to mention the guy in the original book wasn't no muscular no physical shape like Arnold Schwarzenegger was. He was just some regular guy with average size and average body weight
It sounds like they are taking each of these into consideration for how to make this update somehow feel fresh and interesting. Filing into the “curious” backlog for now until we know more.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

I do want Call of Duty the Movie, and yes it got spoiled to me. But if it ever happened in the US the US would just shut down GPS in a region
Unless China supplies BeiDou to the rebels which given how slowly China is supplying Russia isn't likely.

Also Wars like a future civil war with mostly be air power and a shit ton of drones.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Of course it can work DT! Keanu Reeves can act just fine. I would have preferred a voice actor myself, but we all knew that wasn't going to happen. We were lucky to even get Tails voice actor in the movies

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

I do want Call of Duty the Movie, and yes it got spoiled to me. But if it ever happened in the US the US would just shut down GPS in a region
Unless China supplies BeiDou to the rebels which given how slowly China is supplying Russia isn't likely.

Also Wars like a future civil war with mostly be air power and a shit ton of drones.
For some reason I’m super bothered by the fact they called Kirsten Dunst ‘Kirst Dunst’ in the body of the review.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Huh, a feature-length animated Transformer movie. I don’t think we had those for a while.

Looks fine, except it looks like this isn’t the origin story and we are familiar with? IIRC Megatron already was a gladiator/military bot, and Bumblebee didn’t meet Optimus until the war began.

I wonder if we’ll even see Megatron turning evil given the movie’s tone?