Genius Apes Swarm the Streets in Trailer for Planet of the Apes Prequel

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
ill probably watch it. i seem to watch alot of movies. might see about watching the old ones first. never watched the sequels to the original.

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Where's the fucking nuclear war? The whole implication of the first film was that a nuclear war devastated humanity and apes rose up to fill it's gap. We did not make the ape society- we allowed it to grow because we failed as a species.

If you've read the book, this movie is even worse. In the book, Earth is not actually the Planet of the Apes- the book tells the story of a couple traveling through space who come across a letter detailing a human astronaut's arrival on a planet run by apes. At the end of the book the big twist is revealed- the couple reading the letter is actually composed of two hyper-intelligent chimpanzees from Earth. The point was that while the astronauts traveled to the planet of the apes, Earth underwent a similar transformation, implying that apes overthrowing humanity is the natural order of things. It means that we're more primitive than we think.

But this? A drug? This is going to be just as bad as the other Planet of the Apes sequels/prequels, huh?

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
I don't mind remakes (I liked the Mark Wahlberg version), and I don't mind using CGI to depict animals instead of, say, puppets (I loved the new King Kong), but that 'SOME THINGS AREN'T MEANT TO BE CHANGED' thing I do mind. I very much mind.

I don't know who that woman is, but I doubt she knows as much about the science involved with whatever is driving the plot, as well as they do.

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
ryai458 said:
How would 8 billion humans be threatened by several million apes who are a little more intelligent?
Because we weren't bright enough to use that "Smartenol" ourselves. That would have worked, no? CHECKMATE, MONKEYMEN!

monojono

Sep 3, 2009
So in the original film, human civilisation was destroyed by nuclear war which gave apes the opportunity to become more intelligent and create their own society (I think, been a while since I've seen it)

In the new film, the apes are going to become intelligent while humanity is still at a state similar to today and - then what? How are the apes possibly going to win? Sure, they take out one helicopter by jumping on it, but then we just hover our helicopters a bit higher and shoot them. We have the advantage of numbers, technology and organisation. And is another 'science is bad, some things were not meant to be changed' film necessary? That story has been done enough.

Edit: Damn, ninja'd

n03s

Jan 21, 2010
I dint see anyone with a shotgun in this trailer.. anyways propably i will see this when it comes to video store, very hard to go to a cinema for it..

linkzeldi

Jun 30, 2010
How the heck do a bunch of intelligent test apes bring an end to humanity. Estimating they used 3,000 to 6,000 apes in their experiments the us army still outnumbers them by a bunch.

I mean in the original I kind of assumed that humanity did themselves in and with space to fill, the apes evolved into intelligent beings in our place.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
Because we all remember what an amazing piece of cinematic awesome the remake was.

Ugh......I have such a lack of desire to see this movie I won't even bother going to see anything at the theater until it's gone.

Lucifron

Dec 21, 2009
"Some things aren't meant to be discovered. Booboo, science is scary and evil!"

Pass.

General BrEeZy

Jul 26, 2009
"with one exception, it increased brain funcion.
...and flatulence levels as well."

yeah, didn't see THAT in the trailer did you!?

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
Why does every movie make out science is evil. I'm pretty sure science has done more good than bad so far. Opposed to religion. ;P

scarab7

Jun 20, 2009
I'm sure this new movie will be received just as well the original "Battle for the Planet of the Apes." I also think it will make as much sense as "Escape from the Planet of the Apes."

Killing_Time

Mar 7, 2009
I couldn't help but laugh at the end when it said "apes will rise". The whole concept for this movie seems doa.

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
I can say that i will not go to the Cinema for that. A Prequel to a bad remake.
I smell bad action movie , where a interesting story COULD be hidden, but wont be found. Smartape will escape, "infect" other apes by doing whatever, an injection, a bite, throwing contagious poo, they "rise" they somehow take over the world, something that will have to do with destroying high technology. Probably some Atomic explosion EMP or by screaming and swinging on cables.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
Didnt the Last Planet of the Apes remake bomb? are they just that bankrupt ideawise?

Polyintrinsic

Dec 4, 2009
Wow. Worst title of a movie ever? rise OF THE planet OF THE apes, just sounds bad. Looks like a mix between hollow-man( one of the worst movies of all time) with planet of the apes.