Genius Apes Swarm the Streets in Trailer for Planet of the Apes Prequel

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
How the hell did a pharmaceutical company get approval to use chimpanzees and gorillas for medical testing? Secondly how the hell did they get that many? I don't even think there's that many gorilla's left in the world.

tunderball

Jul 10, 2010
Hate to dismiss something just from a trailer, but hey a trailers supposed to sell you the movie and it falied for me. This looks like the kind of film you'd find made by the Scyfy channel, although WETA is involved so it will look very nice.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Rocketboy13 said:
When you get down to it, the first movie is cheesy, but had a more original premise and had a vibe that went well with the cold war and racism, but they were still products of their time and lacked the effects and production capability of modern film, the sequels are all universally panned for their insane breaks with premise and bad story telling.

Tim Burton's was a bad movie, but it was bad on its own merits, the production was good, make up and sets and special effects that still hold up now, but the story was a confusing mess and the ending made less than no sense.
yeah I can't say I disagree with that thought
I understand a lotta old films are classics and at the time were special, but special effects and even groundbreaking filming techniques...just don't stand the test of time
the story does though

I wouldn't want to ask for an exact remake but eh, a bit late for that now haha
still, Avatar's fx failed to impress a lot of gamers who've learned to appreciate more than just the graphics and such, but then again Weta is pretty beast even if the film's story doesn't live up to their amazing fx

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
OutrageousEmu said:
Logan Westbrook said:
OutrageousEmu said:
Logan Westbrook said:
One day, apes will rule the Earth, and humans will be nothing but livestock. That's according to seminal 1968 sci-fi movie, Planet of the Apes, which starred Charlton Heston as a astronaut who finds himself trapped in a simian dystopia after being stranded in the future by near-light speed space travel.
Come on, man. You're supposed to put up a spoiler warning.
You're joking, right?
Umm, duh?
Dude, it's the internet, you can never be entirely sure that someone is joking.

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
SuperMse said:
NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Where's the fucking nuclear war? The whole implication of the first film was that a nuclear war devastated humanity and apes rose up to fill it's gap. We did not make the ape society- we allowed it to grow because we failed as a species.

If you've read the book, this movie is even worse. In the book, Earth is not actually the Planet of the Apes- the book tells the story of a couple traveling through space who come across a letter detailing a human astronaut's arrival on a planet run by apes. At the end of the book the big twist is revealed- the couple reading the letter is actually composed of two hyper-intelligent chimpanzees from Earth. The point was that while the astronauts traveled to the planet of the apes, Earth underwent a similar transformation, implying that apes overthrowing humanity is the natural order of things. It means that we're more primitive than we think.

But this? A drug? This is going to be just as bad as the other Planet of the Apes sequels/prequels, huh?
Your profile picture suits the nerd rage so well.

Rocketboy13

Oct 21, 2008
Sadly, and this may just me, but "Planet of the Apes" is one of those frnachises that should be called dead. All the themes of the original movie have been done in better ways since that time, primarily via "Battlestar Galactica" and its various measures of humanity and the fail of civilization, and a confusing ending where it was Earth all along.

So really, this movie is going to take a name, for something wholly unrelated, and give people nothing of what they expect.

Mantonio said:
'Some things aren't meant to be changed' the SECOND I heard that I knew what this movie was going to be like.
I would strongly wave you away from the movie "Splice", it is a very preachy anti-science movie with a very "WHAT HAVE WE DONE" vibe. I have never been in a theater that so failed to capture an audience, they were laughing during the violent rape scene. So yeah, stay away