Genius Apes Swarm the Streets in Trailer for Planet of the Apes Prequel

Mr. Grey

I changed my face, ya like it?
Aug 31, 2009
So... let's scrap the actual canon and instead go for a "Rats of NIMH" thing?

Is that the gist of it?

Fursnake

Jun 18, 2009
Sigh...another movie that will over use CGI and lessen the impact of the movie. The previous PLanet of th Apes movie was somewhat enjoyable (or at least tolerable) for the performances of the actors portraying the apes, sans CGI. Of course this was all offset by the atrocious acting of Mark Wahlberg.

This new movie looks like a zoo breakout gone mad, with lots of CGI.

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
science is bad science did a bad thing oooooh scary science -_- grow up

"some things arent meant to be changed" I smell religion in that quote (no offence I meant "deaf and blind" religion ... also no offence to the blind and deaf)

I think Im becoming really cynical T_T

Feb 13, 2008
Korten12 said:
Looks interesting, need to watch the old movies.
I have a real problem with their marketing of the old movies...

Dude, you've just given away the MAIN SPOILER ENDING on the cover! You planks.

googleback

Apr 15, 2009
looks ok but surely there would have to be literally MILLIONS of those apes to take over with force? There's probably an explanation but in the trailer it looks like they're just going....

*puts on sunglasses

APE-shit.

http://people.rit.edu/~bss6378/instantCSI/

draythefingerless

Jul 10, 2010
So how come apes are capable of doing what entire countries and terrorist organizations cant? :/

Btw, they arent smarter. unless you somehow increase their brain size and matter.

Notsomuch

Apr 22, 2009
This movie premise is pinky and the brain, played completely straight, with the conclusion already decided.

But seriously. How much of a **** do the humans have to not give to be defeated by an army of apes.

"For all of our Tanks and Machine guns, we were defeated by our own hubris, the very science we treasure."

"But, Mr. President, we still have those tanks and machine guns, and planes. We have cruise missiles that can explode chimps from space."

"DEFEATED BY OUR OWN HUBRIS. HUMANS WERE NEVER MEANT TO PLAY GOD."

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
This just means one thing, Harry Osborn has to die so we can save humanity.

OT: This just proves what I've been saying for years, Hollywood is scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas.

smartengine

Mar 23, 2010
This is gonna suck unimaginably. As many before have noticed the story should have been about the humans destroying them selves and apes evolving to fill the spot of humans.

Can't wait for The movie Bob to bash on it :D

UnknownGunslinger

Jan 29, 2011
I really hope this trailer is another of Hollywood ridiculously bad ad campaigns, and doesn't do the movie real justice. I have great hopes for Rise of the Planet to revive the series, but this trailer was ridiculous :( I guess will know for better or for worst when the movie is released.

CaptainCrunch

Imp-imation Department
Jul 21, 2008
So much fail. It's like Ang Lee's Hulk all over again, but instead of Hulk-dogs it's apes.

Also, they already explained the origin as a paradox of time travel in Escape and Conquest. Cornelius and Zira get in Bright Eyes' spaceship, get caught in some kind of quantum deus ex machina ray, and wind up back in the 70s. Hijinks, adventure, and social statements ensue - and they secretly give birth to Cesar, who leads the ape revolution. (He also subsequently fucks up the space-time continuum because studio execs panicked over the idea of African Americans rising up in violent revolution because of the speech at the end.)

Anyway, it looks like someone smeared ape shit all over a forgotten Spiderman 3 subplot.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Lazarus Long said:
As happy as I am for Weta making it to the big time, it chills my blood to see a special effects company called out in a trailer where one would expect to see the director (or, Crom forbid, a writer) name-dropped.
Indeed. No disrespect to the folks at Weta, but what is the deal behind name-dropping the special effects studio attached to the project as opposed to the producer or perhaps even the director, of all people. I take it the film does actually have a director. It has to, after all, right?

ReiverCorrupter

Jun 4, 2010
Togs said:
More "SCIENCE IS BAD" BS, a definate miss on this noe
Yeah. Just wait until we start making breakthroughs in genetic engineering. You'll be seeing one of these movies every week.

OT: I thought that the canon said that it was the space station that crashed through the time nebula and then the apes broke loose. I guess they're starting from scratch.