German "Killer Game" Culling Fails to Set the World on Fire

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
This is ludicrous. When a kid is killed by a drunk driver, no one goes around setting liquor on fire. I'm pretty sure the students killed would have preferred a peaceful moment of silence type deal, with candles and sharing memories.

Count_ZeroOR

May 9, 2009
Diablini said:
Once again, Games don't kill people, Stupid people kill people.
Well, more crazy people than stupid. Not that stupid people don't kill people - it's just they're probably more likely to kill themselves (on accident) instead of someone else.

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
You know what I would have done if I lived in Germany? Gotten some friends, my van, some chairs an Xbox, some very violent games and a crappy TV. Then I'd go down to their "protest" and play some Gears of War, Rainbow 6 and such. Give them some entertainment while no-one throws away their games that they payed good money for.

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
hmmmmmm...a bunch of people throwing away perfectly good video games?

That doesn't sound like a protest, that sounds like a charity event for poor gamers. If the local gamers are smart, they would attend and make those horrible games "disappear."

PieMaker

Oct 7, 2008
Isn't this going too far? German gamers are stressed out because of the "killer game" ban proposition by the government, to the point of crytek considering moving their main offices.
I feel sympathy for the victims' families but still, hosting an event like this (not counting the german book burning conotation) in a time like this is not prone of getting the expected ammount of crowd.

brewbeard

Nov 29, 2007
I guess the games weren't cheap enough for extremist organizations to buy them wholesale and dump 'em in. Make a good show and all that. Must be easier with books, heck, most libraries just give 'em away.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
I'm fairly sure the exact same thing happened when television first came about to the masses

People just get more coverage these days

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
JARwing said:
Hey, Im from Germany guys...

I dont know how much you know about this "Killer Games" discussion but its a major theme for politicians and a reason for any kind of teenagers misbehaving. Like that kind of stuff.

But its fun: Gamers fighting for their right to play...against society :D
I hope for the sake of Germany, that the anti-gamer groups are getting their ass handed to them. From the little I've heard though their winning since your country seems to ban any game that looks at them funney (I can understand why they don't like WWII games though). At any rate, please tell me I'm wrong. It'd suck if a guy got into power based on anti games who was as crazy as Hitler.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
The Austin said:
Games don't kill people..... GUNS DO!

Just kidding.

Guns don't kill people either.
"The NRA say that 'Guns don't kill people - People do'. Well I think the gun helps, you know? Just going up to someone and going "Bang! Boom! Bang! Ratatata!" It's not gonna do much. You'd have to be pretty dodgy on the heart for that to kill anyone."

-Paraphrased from Eddie Izzard.

happysock

Jul 26, 2009
Lol Maybe people will accept that Violent video games can be played sensibly by people

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
That's pretty sad. They thought a whole bunch of people would throw away their 60 dollar games because video games have caused all the violence in the world since time began. Jeeze, if you don't want your kids playing violent games, then let me have their games! They're expensive and people aren't really willing to just throw them away and waste all that. Didn't think that one through.

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
Amnestic said:
The Austin said:
Games don't kill people..... GUNS DO!

Just kidding.

Guns don't kill people either.
"The NRA say that 'Guns don't kill people - People do'. Well I think the gun helps, you know? Just going up to someone and going "Bang! Boom! Bang! Ratatata!" It's not gonna do much. You'd have to be pretty dodgy on the heart for that to kill anyone."

-Paraphrased from Eddie Izzard.
I actually don't know who that is.

But it's true. You would have to have a weak heart to die from that.

toapat

Mar 28, 2009
who the fuck would throw away a shivan meteor card?
(thats twhat the smallest thing is)