"Get back to your own countries!" Says illiterate woman on tram O_o

Versuvius

Apr 30, 2008
Someone answer me this: Since when is spouting near incomprehensible gibberish, foul language and made up places an opinion? Wikipedia tells me an opinion is a subjective belief, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. The key part of this being fact...opinions need to be based on fact to be valid, whereas she is obviously just a bigot with not a great deal between her ears. Perhaps a copy of the Daily Mail. So. How can you defend her inciting hate based on ignorance? Remember, the other passengers have rights too, the ones relevent involve not being discriminated against, which she is doing.

pulse2

May 10, 2008
The Valet said:
pulse2 said:
I don't think that's so much the issue though, if anyone feels strongly about immigration, I do, while there are plenty of benefits to healthy immigration, it really pisses me off when people use tactics to get into this country, such as marrying a British person for example, a sham marriage to get a visa (not those genuinely in love). And then once here having the nerve to complain about the way we do things.

I'm black and very bloody patriotic towards my flag. But even I think this woman is just an idiot ¬_¬ She has no idea what she is talking about and the way she speaks you could swear she was a representative of this country, yet, I have yet to find anyone who wants to associate themselves with her.

She can barely speak proper English herself and certainly doesn't act in a manner I'd like to be associated with, she's an embarrassment, there are foreign students who have no desire to live here who speak better English then she does :/ Civilized is the way I do things, I express my opinion quite strongly, I have no reserves, but I don't need to shout and swear on a tram to do it.

That's just not the way to get heard, its a fast track to becoming the most hated person in Britain.
I...think you misunderstood me. The issue that this woman is being a moronic racist is plainly documented; I was merely playing devils advocate and saying whilst she's wrong, her views are the products of a much larger problem. My post was based on my views on immigration and possible reasons behind why she resorted to this, not her idiocy itself; hating on her has been done often enough in this thread.

I freely admit I think immigrant numbers should be capped, and skilled workers should get priority over unskilled if that is not so already. Not because I'm a closet BNP supporter, but because you need to strike a fine balance between giving the natives and the immigrants equal opportunities; right now, I know plenty of places that only hire foreigners to fill a quota, not because they are qualified. That is not lessening discrimination, its merely putting up more barriers and fostering new hatred.

In general, I have no problem with people coming here, as long as they want to work and become part of our culture. If you are going to not bother learning the language or work, however, you shouldn't be allowed in the UK. No, I'm not being racist; I just fail to see why my taxes should fund Vladamir and his family of six when they pay no taxes, no rent, and contribute nothing to the economy or country.
To which I'd wholeheartedly agree with you, I think the only reason its all hush hush is like you said the issue of hurting people's feelings. But the fact of the matter is that it is hurting us as a nation, financially, culturally, socially. Its one thing having foreigners coming to the country, fitting in and helping to support our economic growth, its another thing immigrants coming, sponging off the state and then making radical statements about the way we do things over here. Furthermore, at the very least, learn to speak English, I certainly don't mind people who are visiting, but if you plan to live here, learn the language. There are people I know and have seen who have lived in this country longer than most foreigners and still can't speak proper English.

What especially annoys me is how our people are treated in their countries, say or do one thing out of line and punishment is excessive, they come here, do what they want, say what they want and punishment is merely some jail time, a slap on the hand or even ignored.

But like all things, its just another thing parties leading will creep around and say they are doing drastic things to change it, we'll see.

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
Tom Milner said:
i don't want to live on this planet anymore
I don't either. A woman getting arrested for voicing her opinion. Sounds similar to something that happened back in 40s... in Germany... doesn't it.

Versuvius

Apr 30, 2008
Sylveria said:
Tom Milner said:
i don't want to live on this planet anymore
I don't either. A woman getting arrested for voicing her opinion. Sounds similar to something that happened back in 40s... in Germany... doesn't it.
Yep! People were allowed to voice their 'opinions' about the Jews, using false facts and ficticious statistics to place the blame of social and economic problems problems on another, in this case ethnic, group. Look how that ended up. I'm sure that is what you were getting at. Oh wait, you are in FAVOUR of being able to incite racial hatred! Well. I guess we know where you stand...

michiehoward

Apr 18, 2010
While showing the video to my husband this morning, the other lady who talking says something quite inappropriate as well. Paraphrasing here.

"I came to this country to do the work you won't do."

Looow blow lmfao

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
"The woman who shouted racist abuse on a tram has been remanded in custody and will face trial in the criminal courts next month.

She should have just burned a load of poppies and shouted 'British soldiers burn in hell', that way she would have got off with a thirty quid fine."

Somehow a joke from Sickipedia demonstrates infinitely more rationality than the entirety of the British public.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Kukakkau said:
mr. awesome said:
I also love how the guy behind her gets up to do something, from the looks of it, violent; but is stopped by someone next to him.
I'm pretty sure if she didn't have a kid on her lap he wouldn't have hesitated either. But the way everyone stops him and one girl embraces him to protect him from making a mistake is just beautiful and shows how it should be.
When I first watched it I was thinking "No good could possibly come of this", but when I noticed that girl hugging him I smiled =)

Valdus

Apr 7, 2011
Get serious man, are you really supporting someone being CRIMINALLY charged because they expressed an opinion? Really? I mean really? lol, you know who else punishes people when they express an unpopular opinion? The CCP when people say things that are deemed "criminal" to say.[/quote]

"Go back to your own country" isn't an opinion. There's a big difference between voicing an opinion and verbally abusing others. Really, this is just plain ignorent and quite frankly for you to defend someone like her makes me think very little of you. Perhaps when you're the minority you might see what it's liked to be on the receiving end of one of these rants.

Enverex

Oct 6, 2010
The amusing thing is that she looks like a council estate mom and probably doesn't even work. I know a handful of Polish people, they all hold good jobs and are well educated.

Any excuse to ***** about people I suppose.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Valdus said:
Get serious man, are you really supporting someone being CRIMINALLY charged because they expressed an opinion? Really? I mean really? lol, you know who else punishes people when they express an unpopular opinion? The CCP when people say things that are deemed "criminal" to say.
"Go back to your own country" isn't an opinion. There's a big difference between voicing an opinion and verbally abusing others. Really, this is just plain ignorent and quite frankly for you to defend someone like her makes me think very little of you. Perhaps when you're the minority you might see what it's liked to be on the receiving end of one of these rants.[/quote]

I am a minority but thanks for generalizing me without knowing anything about me.
Also, the idea that immigrants should "go back to [their] own country" IS an opinion, because it is her outlook on immigration.
Also, I defend here right to speak, but that doesn't mean I support what she says.

Kyle1527

Jun 3, 2010
I like how people don't want her to be criminaly charged at all. Empathise guys, what if she was insulting you huh? I bet then you'd love for her to get off scot free wouldn't you? So I guess this is the type of world we live in.

Kyle1527

Jun 3, 2010
Robert Ewing said:
The problem is that with Britain both being a multicultural country, and a massive immigration problem, it's difficult for these sort of people to wrap their heads around non-native honest citizens that just want to work and live in peace on the isles, and the non-native dishonest immigrants that gain access to the country illegally, and then abuse the bureaucratic systems such as benefits, council housing, asylum seekers scheme etc.

It's very hard to tell which one is which. Because the people gaining access to the country illegally know EVERYTHING before they come here. They know how to exploit every loophole, dodge every obstacle and penetrate the bureaucracy... They wouldn't chose Britain if our benefit schemes, housing schemes, immigration schemes where completely bullet proof and fraud proof.

Because we Britain's are so prone to giving people a chance the second that they give off a sob story for fear of violating a human right or offending them. The people who enter the country illegally, and exploit everything are usually better off than the people who work honest lives. There was a story ages ago about a family that came here from a middle eastern country, I forget where... But basically they had accumulated £3,000,000 of benefit money. They had illegally gained access to the country, went on benefits, got a council house, had 13 children, and claimed benefits for each of them, among other things. That's £3,000,000 tax payers pounds going on a family that have never worked a day in the country in their lives, injustice in plain sight.

And because there are so many people that aren't from Britain in Britain, the people like the crazy woman on the train has no clear concept on who is the villain, so she lashes out on everyone, falling into a stereotype. Yes, there are a lot of really nasty immigrants out there sucking the country dry, but there are a lot more immigrants that really do contribute to the country as a normal citizen would. But because of the way things are, it's almost always viable to be an illegal immigrant in Britain than a legitimate one, if you know how to exploit the system.

It's a sad state of affairs, one that is hurting Britain deeply as we struggle to find a balance with the whole immigration thing... It's sad that people actually sink this low to just start chanting racism at people not 1 foot away from her... And in front of her child ¬¬
This really sums everything up perfectly, thanks for the insight man. +1

SeeIn2D

May 24, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
SeeIn2D said:
It's videos like this that basically make me look at all the people who say that the US is this, the US is that. Shit like this is everywhere.
A handful of videos sure proves equity.
And a handful of stereotypes proves national ignorance?

getarealhaircut

May 27, 2011
she knows "fuck off" and "go back to where you from" .... seems to be the extent of her vocabulary Frankly ahe just comes across as inner city white trash ... whats the english equivilant of Nascar? well I'll bet she is a fan anyway.

getarealhaircut

May 27, 2011
theseworlds said:
This really isn't shocking in the slightest for me. In my experience, "Go back to your own country" is the general consensus of white, working-class, english speaking Australians. People walk around with shirts saying "Love it or leave it". Surely the rest of the world knows about the Bondi riots? The amount of racism to anyone ethnic looking, and especially those that can't speak english, is pretty high, and probably shocking for people new to the country. But, it's just part of regular life here. The woman in the video really didn't say anything overly surprising to me.
Yeah But (great saying) The Bondi Riots were set off by a Life Gaurd being killed by a gang of leb youths while he was working - Life gaurds are public servants, well respected, and an Australian icon the attack on him was the last straw seen as an attack on all white Australians prior to that was a massive ongoing problem with the leb gangs harrasing and raping young white girls and beating/robbing white people etc particularly on the trains etc ... this kind of proves the point as to why there is a law against inciting racial hatred. The Leb gangs commited hate crimes inciting racial hatred against lebanese people and the public rose up and attacked any and all associated people they could see.

Thats why this shit is so dangereous hatred is blind - If the authorities had been able to deal with the crimes in Bondi the riots wouldnt have happened .. instead the lebanese community protected its own and the public took matters into its own hands.

Again it shows why none of us should tolerate hearing this foul crap no matter what ethnicity we belong to. Screw Haters they tar everyone including their own with their stupidity.