"Get back to your own countries!" Says illiterate woman on tram O_o

getarealhaircut

May 27, 2011
ToTaL LoLiGe said:
To be honest I've seen worse in a bus station, I didn't have a camera to film it though. It's not right, what she said. People shouldn't make a big deal about it she's going to jail, racism happens.
I had to laugh one time on the bus home from town in Sydney and a Mediterranean woman started abusing an asian gentleman who sat next to her with the usual racist crap "go home etc" she sqawked on for all off about 30 secounds before all around her began to tell her to shut up ... but on she went.
Her final retort was to tell everyone around her in a loud voice that she paid more taxes than all of them put together ... the asian guy she had been abusing said in an equally loud voice " Good next time you take a taxi " ... hillarity ensued up and down the bus and she got off at the very next stop without a word more.

Rapid Karma pay out :)

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
I guess racist people don't only live in America. They're everywhere! O_O

Good thing this didn't happen in public transportation in America, there would have likely been some kind of violence or lawsuit involved.

EmperorSubcutaneous

Dec 22, 2010
Wow, people really think this woman is just "voicing her opinion." I hope you're all trolling.

The police are well within their rights to arrest anyone who is making a loud, obnoxious nuisance of themselves in public, regardless of what they're saying. In addition to that, hate speech is not protected speech, and what she was saying most definitely qualifies as hate speech.

The difference between "I think immigrants should go back to their own countries" and "Fuck you, go back to your own fucking country!" is kind of massive.

Naal

Feb 24, 2009
And here I was expecting some Southern redneck hick, declaring that the "South shall rise again". I've never met one before, but she must be one of those 'Chavs' I've heard so much about.

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
The funny thing is that the reason there are blacks in England today is because a couple hundred years back The British forced them to come over as slaves.

Ma'am if your pissed that they're are blacks in England then you should blame your ancestors.

I just feel sorry for the kid. I hope he doesn't end up like his mother.

MisterDyslexo

Feb 11, 2011
*sigh*

The worst part about this IMO is that she was arrested for voicing a controversial opinion that got under some people's skin. Nobody has a right to not be offended. I'm the biggest supporter of the Westboro Baptist Church's right to speech, and I haven't met a person who hates them more than I do, being a gay, very pro-troops person whose best friend, who was gay, died in A-Stan and didn't have a real funeral because the WBC would've picketed it and devastate the mother. If somebody is really that bad, if their opinion is so cancerous, it'll die out. Society will put the pressure on, and it will be a skeleton in everybody's closet. And as time goes on, it'll start to die out.

Dumbfish1

Oct 17, 2008
Ubermetalhed said:
Also why is it that the kid behind her suddenely stands up all riled when she stupidly says go back to Nicaragua?
Because she actually says niggafrica, which is just a teeny bit racist.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
MisterDyslexo said:
*sigh*

The worst part about this IMO is that she was arrested for voicing a controversial opinion that got under some people's skin.
Not really. I don't know why it's so common in this thread to try and simplify it to "she was arrested for voicing her opinion," but it's no more true now than the first time it was said.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
I find this funny because the British are the ones who happily colonised many other small countries back in the day, and are now complaining about their inhabitants being present in Britain. It's like, if you can send a ship to India, an Indian will evetually come back on one.

theseworlds

Oct 26, 2009
getarealhaircut said:
theseworlds said:
This really isn't shocking in the slightest for me. In my experience, "Go back to your own country" is the general consensus of white, working-class, english speaking Australians. People walk around with shirts saying "Love it or leave it". Surely the rest of the world knows about the Bondi riots? The amount of racism to anyone ethnic looking, and especially those that can't speak english, is pretty high, and probably shocking for people new to the country. But, it's just part of regular life here. The woman in the video really didn't say anything overly surprising to me.
Yeah But (great saying) The Bondi Riots were set off by a Life Gaurd being killed by a gang of leb youths while he was working - Life gaurds are public servants, well respected, and an Australian icon the attack on him was the last straw seen as an attack on all white Australians prior to that was a massive ongoing problem with the leb gangs harrasing and raping young white girls and beating/robbing white people etc particularly on the trains etc ... this kind of proves the point as to why there is a law against inciting racial hatred. The Leb gangs commited hate crimes inciting racial hatred against lebanese people and the public rose up and attacked any and all associated people they could see.

Thats why this shit is so dangereous hatred is blind - If the authorities had been able to deal with the crimes in Bondi the riots wouldnt have happened .. instead the lebanese community protected its own and the public took matters into its own hands.

Again it shows why none of us should tolerate hearing this foul crap no matter what ethnicity we belong to. Screw Haters they tar everyone including their own with their stupidity.
I don't know why they started, or that a life guard was killed. I've never heard that. I'm not particularly fussed about why it started. Doesn't change the fact that heaps of people in Australia (or at least, in Sydney), don't like lebs, asians, 'turbanators', etc. So, the video isn't shocking to me. I've simply grown up with this stuff all around me. The wankers getting Southern Cross tats across their back or chest is another way of racism. It's not used to show patriotism, it's used in a racial manner as a symbol against other races.

zulu.fox

Nov 20, 2011
Whats even more stupid with this, is the fact you are not technically actually allowed to film someone on public transport in the UK without permission. That basically means that any real prosecution is unlikely. I also think that person who filmed that has probably worsened the situation by giving the bigot a voice, if people just ignored her she would never have had the impact she had. This is making a tiny minority look like mainstream opinion. Also this makes me ashamed to call myself "British" , but I plan to emigrate anyways.

Benny Blanco

Jan 23, 2008
zehydra said:
Woodsey said:
Volf99 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
She doesn't have an interesting opinion. She has a rampantly racist opinion and thinks that countless people who have put more into my country than she ever will should leave based on their skin colour. End of.

Edit: And before they crawl out the woodwork, no, she is not protected by freedom of speech. She deserved to be arrested and the police have every justification to punish her.
hmm... your right, we should punish people who express an unpopular opinion! I mean why let people have the freedom to express themselves?! Outrageous! *sarcasm*

Get serious man, are you really supporting someone being CRIMINALLY charged because they expressed an opinion? Really? I mean really? lol, you know who else punishes people when they express an unpopular opinion? The CCP when people say things that are deemed "criminal" to say.
zehydra said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
She doesn't have an interesting opinion. She has a rampantly racist opinion and thinks that countless people who have put more into my country than she ever will should leave based on their skin colour. End of.

Edit: And before they crawl out the woodwork, no, she is not protected by freedom of speech. She deserved to be arrested and the police have every justification to punish her.
oh and out of the woodwork they came...

I don't know if it's illegal to be racist in Britain, but it doesn't really make sense to arrest somebody because they say something which offends somebody in a public setting, since that would be a slippery slope with no well-defined end to it.

I do think that the public transportation system should be allowed to kick her off the train though.
If she was arrested, it would have (should have) been because she was inciting racial hatred, not just because she'd expressed a racist opinion.

No one's going to arrest you for saying "there's too many Arabs!", or "blacks are all violent".
I'm not sure I understand the difference. Can you incite racial hatred without saying racial opinions?
I don't know, but I can certainly try. *Ahem*

To be honest, I don't know why she picked Croydon of all places to "defend" in her warped way from the stream of black and Polish people. It's a shithole. Let them have it.

I also find it hilarious how people talk about white English people being "racist" towards Polish people. They're as white as we are and until we see their names or hear their accents, they just come off as grumpy English people.

Irish comedian Andrew Maxwell said it best: about 2:50 in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ5ewxohS6k&feature=related

DemonicPancakes

Sep 13, 2010
Jedihunter4 said:
pilgrumator said:
I'd just like to say that I'm from the American "Deep South" - one of the most stereotypically racist and xenophobic areas that I know of - and I haven't seen someone that overtly racist in my life. I know KKK members (not the smartest bunch, those neo-nazis, and I don't associate with them outside of classes for fear of catching ignorance like it's some sort of contagious virus, but I've talked with them) and they're not as blatant about it, even when their drunk.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that she should be shot into the deepest reaches of space and left to chat with whatever creatures reside within.
hang on, you have talked to KKK members and have associated with them to the the point that you have been around them when their drunk?

i'm not being ott but if your pretending to be okay with people that are members of a group that are overtly open about their hate of entire races and are responsible for atrocities and to my knowledge are an illegal organisiation, just to make your own life a little easier an from the sounds of it you know the difference from right an wrong then your in no position to judge anyone.

just because they "keep it on the down low" does not make them any better, this woman is deeply misguided and ignorant but underneath is expressing a growing concern within British society of "out of control" immigration an national culture quite literally being replaced and creating segregated communities
First, I don't "associate" with members of the KKK, I sit next to many of them in a few of my classes because of the whole last name seating chart thing. Secondly, they come to school drunk. Like I said, they're not the brightest bulbs in the pack and I don't have any contact with them outside of classes. I realize that this misinterpretation was partly my fault for using the word "associate" in there, but I don't get how you got the rest of them.

Then there's this little jewel:

Jedihunter4 said:
the KKK shot an hung people and burnt people alive, unless your in an episode of quantum leap then you've got not excuse, and your in no position to decide right an wrong if your even saying "hello" to people who are members of such groups to make your own life easier. If your so sure why have you not informed the police?
Yes, the KKK killed many people IN THE EARLY TO MID 1900'S. Even the KKK doesn't go to a lynching as a recreational activity. And I don't "say 'hello'" to these people, I sit within earshot of them, which I realize that I didn't specify, but don't lump me in with those bigots.

And I'm not even going to say much about the police. They have the right to free speech just like any other group of people do and, so long as they don't perform one of the aforementioned lynchings, they aren't breaking any laws, no matter how misguided their beliefs are.

Just wanted to clear that up. :)

darksakul

Old Man? I am not that old .....
Jun 14, 2008
Best thing to do is for us not to sink to her level.
yes that is a terrible thing to do, but we can't change others if we aren't willing to better our selves.