Get Deus Ex for a Dollar at Games for Windows Marketplace

Jul 22, 2009
Glademaster said:
It is on Games for Windows Marketplace though which is a horrible place to buy things. I think I might wait for it be on the Xmas sale on Steam. Damn thing is so bad it isn't even in my region.
Someone said up there that you can still use the GFWL client to download it.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Why is it that every time I buy something on a ridiculous sale, it's cheaper the next time it goes on sale? It happened to me with TF2, and now it's happening again with Deus Ex. I spent 2.50 on it about a week ago, and now I find out I could have waited a short while, during most of which I didn't have the time to play it anyway, and bought it for a buck? Gaming is a cruel mistress.

SomeUnregPunk

Jan 15, 2009
lacktheknack said:
dududf said:
lacktheknack said:
Numachuka said:
Not even this is enough to make me create an account for GFWL.
Then don't.

THIS ISN'T GFWL. GET IT INTO YOUR COLLECTIVE HEADS!!!!!!!1!111!!ELEVENSIES
I spent 2 hours trying to buy Age of Empires 3.

2 hours. So I could throw my money at microsoft. With deals like this, you're not paying for the game. You're paying by dealing with the shit

also.

ONEONEONEONEONEONEONEONEONEELEVENS!!!!!
Theoretically, you don't need to work your way through the awful (read: worst in the world) sign up more than once. Buying AoEIII took me forty seconds (plus two days for a key... oh well).
Everyone in the world has your computer and your same exact setup.
So everyone must then have exactly no problems and we are just trolling the forums.

Jun 11, 2008
GamesB2 said:
Glademaster said:
It is on Games for Windows Marketplace though which is a horrible place to buy things. I think I might wait for it be on the Xmas sale on Steam. Damn thing is so bad it isn't even in my region.
Someone said up there that you can still use the GFWL client to download it.
I have enough little problems with GWFL without adding to them although they were solved by a new account which the problem shouldn't of been necessary in the first place(long story). Although given that I might consider getting it seeing how it is dirt cheap.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
lacktheknack said:
dududf said:
lacktheknack said:
Numachuka said:
Then don't.

2 hours. So I could throw my money at microsoft. With deals like this, you're not paying for the game. You're paying by dealing with the shit

also.

Theoretically, you don't need to work your way through the awful (read: worst in the world) sign up more than once. Buying AoEIII took me forty seconds (plus two days for a key... oh well).
Problem is, was that we were buying this in bulk so friends could have it. So that meant a account for each. Then we had the problem that accounts FORCED credit cards to be BINDED to a account. Which would mean that all of my friends would have my dads credit card.

It was just a cluster fuck of epic proportions.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
SomeUnregPunk said:
lacktheknack said:
dududf said:
lacktheknack said:
Numachuka said:
Then don't.

also.

Everyone in the world has your computer and your same exact setup.
So everyone must then have exactly no problems and we are just trolling the forums.
It's not a setup issue. It's a matter of having the client installed already. Sign in, click on game, click "Buy", insert credit card info. End.

If it's a matter of the client not WORKING, then I'm clearly not referring to YOU.

Jul 22, 2009
Glademaster said:
I have enough little problems with GWFL without adding to them although they were solved by a new account which the problem shouldn't of been necessary in the first place(long story). Although given that I might consider getting it seeing how it is dirt cheap.
Just make sure you have .net framework 4 if you use the client. Clears up most of the problems.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
dududf said:
lacktheknack said:
dududf said:
lacktheknack said:
Numachuka said:
Then don't.

also.

Problem is, was that we were buying this in bulk so friends could have it. So that meant a account for each. Then we had the problem that accounts FORCED credit cards to be BINDED to a account. Which would mean that all of my friends would have my dads credit card.

OK, that's stupid. Thanks Windows, you almost had me defending your market client.

Jun 11, 2008
GamesB2 said:
Glademaster said:
Just make sure you have .net framework 4 if you use the client. Clears up most of the problems.
Well my thing is less to do with the actual Client(well the main one). It is a problem with the actual account side with parental control which shouldn't even be active given that I am 18. Basically to play ages ago you needed to be 18 to make an account(what a detereent that has been to people on XBL) and I had a friend be my guardian since I was not at home at the time. For some reason I couldn't add friends and they wouldn't believe in an email I was 18 to remove parental restrictions and the phone numbers provided are either not for country or no longer in service.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
lacktheknack said:
dududf said:
lacktheknack said:
dududf said:
lacktheknack said:
Numachuka said:
Then don't.

also.

OK, that's stupid. Thanks Windows, you almost had me defending your market client.
Only until very recent, they removed that "temporary feature" Hard to find it however, and it isn't made plain obvious. I had to research it, and on the 3 page of google I found the solution.

Jul 22, 2009
Glademaster said:
Well my thing is less to do with the actual Client(well the main one). It is a problem with the actual account side with parental control which shouldn't even be active given that I am 18. Basically to play ages ago you needed to be 18 to make an account(what a detereent that has been to people on XBL) and I had a friend be my guardian since I was not at home at the time. For some reason I couldn't add friends and they wouldn't believe in an email I was 18 to remove parental restrictions and the phone numbers provided are either not for country or no longer in service.
Yeah there are still age restrictions on games, you need to be 18 to purchase older rated games from the client.

It seems to generally work a bit better now... I have an under 18 account and I can still use most of GFWL features without problem.

Steve Dark

Oct 23, 2008
Huh... I just checked it and it was $9.99. Anyone else seeing that?

Edit: Ahhh wait, no, it's now $0.99. I wonder what happened there... Ahh well I'm totally getting this right n-
*Turns slightly right and sees his GOTY editionsitting there*
-Oh yeah. Well I guess that sorts that.

hansari

May 31, 2009
One author on The Escapist had a problem with GFWL and now so many of its readers are refusing to get it just based on that experience. Funny stuff.