Get Deus Ex for a Dollar at Games for Windows Marketplace

Steppin Razor

Dec 15, 2009
XinfiniteX said:
I can't even be bothered to check because if sure (just like the last awesome deal) that I won't be able to buy it in Australia... Wht is it going to cost more money to send the fucking data over here...
If you're talking about Age of Empires 3 then you probably did something wrong. I bought AoE3 when it was up for 10 cents with no problems at all.

On topic: Eh, I suppose I'll get it. Never played this before and any game is worth it for less than a dollar. Unless that game is Big Rigs or Haze, that is.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Yes but those dozen monkey's were all under the supervision of Warren Spector and Harvey Smith...<.<

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Get Deus Ex for a dollar on Games For Winduhs Live?
I've no need to. I have my old copy in archives already.
And it means I won't have to deal with the broken drudgery that is GFWL.

LoganN

Jun 24, 2010
Wicky_42 said:
Not touching Windows services unless I need to. Not going to be tempted, even if it doesn't need the client active to play. Fuck 'em. It's been, what, a week or so since their failure with AOE 3 - maybe wait a little while before trying again...
What failure? The keys? Because that happens everywhere.

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
I have DE:GOTY.

On Steam.

And my shelf, still shrink-wrapped.

Fumbleumble

Oct 17, 2010
I had to install GFWL for Batman: AA even though I bought it on disc.

Anyone know if I can uninstall it and not affect my Batman install?

I really hate crap like this mushing up my system... I avoided it for so long. Had to install Ubisolft's Uplay for POP too it doesn't work properly but I still can't not use it.. Why do these asshole companies force this shit on us even though we pay them money. (Yeah, I know.. stop buying their shit.. I'm not going to anymore.)

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Hey, MicroSoft... you wanna grab PC gamers on your service? Here's an idea... try offering up some of those Xbox exclusives you're sitting on in PC version and make them only available through your market place thingy. Offer me something I can't get somewhere else (thereby avoiding your bullshit) and then we'll talk.

No, cheap classics won't cut it because I already own all the old games I'm interested in. It's the advantage of being both an old gamer and a packrat.

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
Dang glad this game was only 99 cents, video games have come a long long long way since then.

poiuppx

Nov 17, 2009
Garak73 said:
Does Steam ever have $0.99 games? Do they ever have $0.10 games?

See, every time Steam is brought up people talk about the great deals. I wonder if we are going to start hearing about the great deals from GFWL from those same people.
Seconded. I don't know what people are on about when it comes to the so-called issues with the GFW framework. I downloaded it when they did the ten cent AoE III sale, and didn't have any problems whatsoever.

That said, as I post this, my Deus Ex download should be just about done. So, if you'll excuse me, I'll be gone for the next... um... forever. Bye!

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
99 cents for Deus Ex and some of you guys still complain. I'm starting to think that if Bill Gates himself came over to your house, personally installed and configured the game and then hung out for beer and Fritos while you played, you'd still complain.

Anyone running it on Vista or Win7? Any issues if so? It runs fine straight-up on XP but I'm curious about newer OSes.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Andy Chalk said:
99 cents for Deus Ex and some of you guys still complain. I'm starting to think that if Bill Gates himself came over to your house, personally installed and configured the game and then hung out for beer and Fritos while you played, you'd still complain.
Depends on the beer, I guess... but I really don't like fritos.

He'd get pissed off and leave pretty quick, though, because I'd be going "Hey, Bill, LOOK! You can still play games on a PC! Fancy that, huh? Games! On a PC... in 2010! We are living in an age of miracles and wonder, Bill. Miracles and fucking Wonder."

(Yes, my lifetime goal is to be a dick to as many famous people as possible)

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
frankly, from all I've heard about Games for Windows, Games for Windows can go fuck itself. I'd rather pay the 10$ on steam than pay 1$ to deal with Windows.

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
Chaossebba said:
To the people going OH NO GFWL - It doesnt need the client to run it. Get the marketplace thing, buy it, download it, close the damn client and run the game without any hitching.

And bam, now i have deus ex for 99c!
I've heard the client still runs in the background, hidden.

LoganN

Jun 24, 2010
tthor said:
Chaossebba said:
To the people going OH NO GFWL - It doesnt need the client to run it. Get the marketplace thing, buy it, download it, close the damn client and run the game without any hitching.

And bam, now i have deus ex for 99c!
I've heard the client still runs in the background, hidden.
Nope, it doesn't. It only runs when you open it.

tthor said:
frankly, from all I've heard about Games for Windows, Games for Windows can go fuck itself. I'd rather pay the 10$ on steam than pay 1$ to deal with Windows.
Oh, you are one of those people. You haven't even used it.

Andy Chalk said:

Anyone running it on Vista or Win7? Any issues if so? It runs fine straight-up on XP but I'm curious about newer OSes.
I'm on Windows 7 x64 and it is running fine. The mouse seems a little slow, but that could just be the sensitivity. I haven't had any crashes or other issues.