Get SimCity 2000 For Free On PC Right Now!

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
albino boo said:
Redlin5 said:
I would rather pay GoG 3 times that games retail value than install Origin on my system and receive it for free.

You can't make me forgive your annexation of one of my favorite developers this way EA.
You do realise when you buy it on GOG they pay EA? GOG don't own the rights and are just a retail outlet.
*shrug*

Still no Origin.

Not that I need to anyway. I still have a laptop that runs the floppy drive copy I own. Point is f*ck EA.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Oh, fuck you people, seriously. Stop complaining about Origin, it's not nearly as horrible as it was back at launch and even has some edges over Steam (refunds anyone?). And it's leagues above Uplay, that's for sure. And they are giving free shit for everyone, so what are you complaining about? "Oh, stop saying that it's free, it requires origin, nyeh-nyeh-nyeh" - stop being so fucking bratty. I have no love for EA, but a freebie is a freebie.

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
Legendary game, but I really can't play it anymore. Simcity 4 is basically the best evolution of the game.

Product Placement

Jul 16, 2009
RicoADF said:
Nurb said:
Aweso-- Requires Origin... Nope.

EA doesn't deserve the money for pre-buyout Maxis games anyway.
What money? Their giving the game away for free. If you want a non origin copy then go to Gog and stop complaining over nothing.
Before laying down the righteous beatdown try to understand what he's saying. See that underlined part? He's referring to the fact that they're giving the game away, when he states that they don't deserve money for it.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
I must have put hundreds of hours into that game as a kid. I honestly consider it a seminal piece as far as modern games and game design goes.

I'd jump right on this if I had Origin installed on my PC but I femoved that program with prejudice after I finished with BF4.

I still have the original on its original CD. I'll just dig that up and install it without the silly always online DRM program.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
If you're not going to download it why even comment on the article? Cool, you hate EA and Origin. It just seems odd to comment on something when you're not going take advantage of it.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Was 2k better than 3k?
Basically question is- should I sell my soul to satan and install Origin, or should I pull cd of 3k and install that instead.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
blackrave said:
Was 2k better than 3k?
Basically question is- should I sell my soul to satan and install Origin, or should I pull cd of 3k and install that instead.
I personally like 3k over 2k. It has quiet a few improvements that make it hard to go back. I own 2k, 3k and 4 for the record, and spend my weekend playing 4.

Gameguy20100

Sep 6, 2012
To Everyone complaining that it needs Origin.

Honestly people cheer up.

It's a free game if this was any other retail service you would be cheering like mad.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
*double-checks GOG library* Sweet, already got it! Saves me crossing paths with EA.

thaluikhain said:
Eh, I was giving up because you had to get an Origin account before it was cool.

Or, as Brian Blessed would say:

I WAS GIVING UP BECAUSE YOU HAD TO GET AN ORIGIN ACCOUNT BEFORE IT WAS COOL! FRESH HORSES, MY HAWKMEN! VAROONIK!

[small](Pasting that into word so as to use the uppercase function, and word knew that it was in bold)[/small]
We ride at once to rebellious Stoke, where it is my sworn intent to approach the city walls, bare my broad buttocks and shout "BEHOLD! I honour thee most highly!"

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Bat Vader said:
If you're not going to download it why even comment on the article? Cool, you hate EA and Origin. It just seems odd to comment on something when you're not going take advantage of it.
Simply because for those people "requires origin" doesn't equal "free". It certainly doesn't for me, I can tell you that much.

jackpipsam

SEGA fanboy
Jun 2, 2009
Honestly they give it away 100% free, on your account forever.
Yet people cry about it like they're 5 years old or something.

It amuses me that people are attacking EA for doing literally nothing wrong.

VanQ said:
I'll just dig that up and install it without the silly always online DRM program.
Ironically I have found Origin's offline mode to work better than Steams.
I travel a lot with my laptop and Origin's offline has ALWAYS worked for me, Steam work's like 50% of the time.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
RealRT said:
Oh, fuck you people, seriously. Stop complaining about Origin, it's not nearly as horrible as it was back at launch and even has some edges over Steam (refunds anyone?). And it's leagues above Uplay, that's for sure. And they are giving free shit for everyone, so what are you complaining about? "Oh, stop saying that it's free, it requires origin, nyeh-nyeh-nyeh" - stop being so fucking bratty. I have no love for EA, but a freebie is a freebie.
Thanks you said what I was thinking.

It's stupid how people ***** over a free game.

While I own a physical copy and one on steam I got no problams taking a 3rd copy.

Wow I got 4 free games from EA this week only 1 of them I care about but it's nice to get free stuff from time to time.

K-lusive

May 15, 2014
Gameguy20100 said:
To Everyone complaining that it needs Origin.

Honestly people cheer up.

It's a free game if this was any other retail service you would be cheering like mad.
If it was any other bloatware (steam) I may have gone 'meh' instead of 'nah'.

If it takes you 5 minutes of time (time = money) and your emailaddress to register (along with another 5 minutes later on to un-subscribe from unsollicited weekly newsletters) it makes the game feel a lot more expensive than 'free'.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Oh my God. This is literally the worst thing that EA has ever done. A free game? And worse, one that I'm not required to download? These bastards should be brought up on war crimes!

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
people still complaining about origin. i never ever had a single problem with it. runs even smoother than steam.

shame, i already got it. it was cheap tho but well, cant be helped.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
K-lusive said:
If it takes you 5 minutes of time (time = money) and your emailaddress to register (along with another 5 minutes later on to un-subscribe from unsollicited weekly newsletters) it makes the game feel a lot more expensive than 'free'.
I have never once spent five minutes unsubscribing from any weekly newsletters, nor have I received any from Origin.

tacotrainwreck

Sep 15, 2011
Everybody download Origin before Christmas and buy our games!!! Pleeeaaase!

At least it's not requiring EA's subscription-based gyp service.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Is this community ever happy?

It's a Free. Fucking. Game. God forbid EA to give away free things, and actually take the time to update it to work on new systems. I'm not a huge fan of them, but at least they are trying to get in peoples good books. They could of chosen any game, but they chose what people consider to be the best Simcity game. If this was Battlefield 4, Simcity 2013 or Dragon Age 2 i would be a bit more iffy, but still. FREE. GAME.

It would take roughly 5 minutes to create an account, download origins, download the game, install it then remove origins from your computer, possibly 10 minutes depending on your system. It's hardly the end of the world.