Girls and Pity

144_v1legacy

Apr 25, 2008
Then the best advice I can give: confidence is the key! Don't underestimate how great you want them to think you are. Make sure you know that you're a valuable commodity with a huge waiting list, even if it's not true. It worked for me (for one girl out of eighty bazillion, of course, but then again, that's how it'll always be for anyone who isn't Johnny McSexy).

Like anything, though, just don't overdo it.

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
ghost02 said:
Vorpals said:
Teisjm: I'm 14.
I am not going to say don't worry about it because of your age. But don not worry as much as someone who is 18+. There is no risk in asking her out, whats the worst that can happen? Her say no? I myself [thanks to these forums I have gotten more social] would take a risk and ask her. Depending on response, you can judge if she pities you or is even slightly interested.
I think the age thing was meant as an explanation of why anything involving a drunk party wouldn't be usefull advise

144_v1legacy

Apr 25, 2008
Aschenkatza said:
As a female, I feel I must say something.
If it was pity she wouldn't talk to you AT ALL. When I pity someone, I smile or when they initiate a conversation, I lean in and nod and smile a lot. I never start the conversation. NEVER. I Pity you, I don't want to talk you!!
If she initiated physical contact, it's probably a sign she is comfortable around you and trusts you. I.E- Your friend material.
BTW: Is she popular in the school? If she is, she has no worries about what others think and will not pity you. If her other friend start to hang around you more, they might be hanging around you to get popular for you hanging around her.
If she isn't popular, she MIGHT be pitying you to get other girls to like her for being so 'considerate'. Otherwise, she also doesn't care what others think and genuinely likes you.
I love it when someone confirms that one of the things I've said is true. You've made my day. And before this I had a pretty crappy day, so thanks.

Blue Sonnet

May 6, 2008
Vorpals said:
...Teisjm: I'm 14.
Aw! You're an ikkle baby! (Bet that gets your back up!)

Definitely concentrate on trying to be friends first, you don't know how interested in boys she is yet (I didn't even have my first kiss until 16. *shudder* It took an entire year to get over how bad it was - only dentists should check my mouth that thoroughly...)

Vorpals said:
Bluesonnet: Thanks for the body language heads up, much appreciated. I'm very good at masking my pessimism, so I wouldn't worry about that.
That's good hun, but remember that other people can be cleverer than you think (especially girls when compared to boys during puberty), some people are extraordinarily good at picking up your true feelings, so try to do your best to relax and just think of becoming close friends.

There's definitely no rush, and getting to know each other beforehand will make sure that anything you do enter into will last.

Good luck, and have fun xxx

Matronadena

Mar 11, 2009
Vorpals said:
Jenny Creed: I know, but a little bit of some help is always good.

Matronadena: Tell me about, the social system is intensely fucked up, but the girls seem to have less of one than the guys.
I recall vaguely when I was younger what it was like...

I largely avoided the games, and trends, and groups...I wore my jinko jeans, with my thong straps over my hips, my boots nice and worn, a nice baby tee with somehting random on it like a kilted stick figure kicking a speaker over, or something like " shins are for kicking" or corset,, and my mala beads around my wrist...I would spend most of the day in the art rooms " even when ditching a class or two" even would go have coffee with the headmaster " as he assumed I had a free period...I just liked free coffee"

My " flock" as I called them were more or less ones to latched on and followed, some you could call losers, dorks, others were of the " I just don't give a shit" mentality, others were hard core punks, goth etc etc..

the way I looked at them...is they were good people, they were annoying, and great at the same time, good for a laugh or a good debate over something, hell even partook of several chances to do an RPG or two " as in the true RPG's requiering paper, dice, books etc" as video game wise you were using a genesis/snes then a sega saturn, or n64 at the high end of consoles and most people still used windows 3.1 and it was all about lucas arts point and clicks, flight sims, doom, or leisure suit Larry.

most other girls seemed to " at the time" follow this rule of a double life...not to mention having the mental and emotional stability of a building made of tin foil, based on a foundation of over stretched slinkys in a heavy earthquake and tempest region." where as once you were attached to a certain class/click/group that was your life in school was dominated by it, every word you said, movement you made, how you dressed, what you ate and anything else that makes you you had to be integrated or altered to meet whatever example the matriarch ( alpha-*****) of the group deem it to be.

combine that with being a hormonal wreck and getting mixed lessons on being a proper woman, being a equal woman, and for the hell of it lets throw in the " there is no equality, so use the fact your a woman and try to milk everything for what it's worth " group..

now bake that all together and garnish with petty, and you have what the average teenage girl of my era was.. even to this day I think back and wonder how many of them ended up knocked up right out of school, being kept as a loose trophy wife with no ambition or free thought in life, only to be dumped once their uselessness in day to day function wore out, and they stopped being appealing in the more " romantic sense"

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
The-Saboteur said:
Put rohypnol in her drink then make a move. If she doesn't resist then she likes you.
dude... thats just sick

though speaking off beeing unconsious, pretent to faint... if she rushes to you give mouth to mouth she likes you :p

Aschenkatza

Jan 14, 2009
144 said:
Aschenkatza said:
As a female, I feel I must say something.
If it was pity she wouldn't talk to you AT ALL. When I pity someone, I smile or when they initiate a conversation, I lean in and nod and smile a lot. I never start the conversation. NEVER. I Pity you, I don't want to talk you!!
If she initiated physical contact, it's probably a sign she is comfortable around you and trusts you. I.E- Your friend material.
BTW: Is she popular in the school? If she is, she has no worries about what others think and will not pity you. If her other friend start to hang around you more, they might be hanging around you to get popular for you hanging around her.
If she isn't popular, she MIGHT be pitying you to get other girls to like her for being so 'considerate'. Otherwise, she also doesn't care what others think and genuinely likes you.
I love it when someone confirms that one of the things I've said is true. You've made my day. And before this I had a pretty crappy day, so thanks.
Lol, your welcome. /high five
I'm on a roll today!

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
The-Saboteur said:
teisjm said:
The-Saboteur said:
Put rohypnol in her drink then make a move. If she doesn't resist then she likes you.
dude... thats just sick

though speaking off beeing unconsious, pretent to faint... if she rushes to you give mouth to mouth she likes you :p
This is why I'm a bigger success with the ladies.
if it's still the rohypnol ur speaking of, then thats why you're gonna end up beeing someones lady in prison

LEEROY59

Mar 10, 2009
teisjm said:
The-Saboteur said:
teisjm said:
The-Saboteur said:
dude... thats just sick

This is why I'm a bigger success with the ladies.
if it's still the rohypnol ur speaking of, then thats why you're gonna end up beeing someones lady in prison[/quote

Don't drop the soap big homie.

Arcade_Fire

Mar 7, 2009
You interpret her leaning as a sign?

Stop reading so much into things. I think people tend to overanalyze this sort of situation WAY to often...

Think of it this way: is there some sort of romantic motivation behind every greeting or action you make?

dagens24

Mar 20, 2004
There's no sure fire solutions to any of these types of issues. As much as some people may believe that psychology or sociology is a science, it isn't. A persons existence, as they are, is composed of many things from genetics to social mannersims to experience and environment. There's no clear cut way to judge what she's thinking so just talk to her and see whats going on.

A prime example of this is my transition to high school. In my grade school boy and girls were fairly segregated. They hung out with their own and that was that. The same trend continued into middle school. When we hit high school, since there were kids from all sorts of grade schools and middle schools, there was all kinds of difference. Girls who were dolling out hugs left right and center. I, who had never seen this, took this as signs of affection which they wern't (other then in the platonic way). It was a completely different mindset then what I had grown up with.

Anyway, like I said, there's no clear cut answer to anything like this so you'll just have to man up and figure it out.

Bulletinmybrain

Jun 22, 2008
Blue Sonnet said:
Vorpals said:
...Teisjm: I'm 14.
Aw! You're an ikkle baby! (Bet that gets your back up!)

Definitely concentrate on trying to be friends first, you don't know how interested in boys she is yet (I didn't even have my first kiss until 16. *shudder* It took an entire year to get over how bad it was - only dentists should check my mouth that thoroughly...)

Vorpals said:
Bluesonnet: Thanks for the body language heads up, much appreciated. I'm very good at masking my pessimism, so I wouldn't worry about that.
That's good hun, but remember that other people can be cleverer than you think (especially girls when compared to boys during puberty), some people are extraordinarily good at picking up your true feelings, so try to do your best to relax and just think of becoming close friends.

There's definitely no rush, and getting to know each other beforehand will make sure that anything you do enter into will last.

Good luck, and have fun xxx
He has 4 years, but if he switchs highschools.. Well he gets to go through this again! Without some trophy out in the mirage to guide the way.

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
Vorpals said:
Jesus Christ on a stick, I state my age and the whole thread turns around.
i guess i'm partially to blame for that, srry man.

how long has she been acting like this to you? that might be relevant.

I don't think many people would be pity-friendly for longer periods of time.

Vorpals

Oct 13, 2008
teisjm said:
Vorpals said:
Jesus Christ on a stick, I state my age and the whole thread turns around.
i guess i'm partially to blame for that, srry man.

how long has she been acting like this to you? that might be relevant.

Since September, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to talk to her tomorrow and ask her why she started to say hi to me and other things.

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
Vorpals said:
Since September, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to talk to her tomorrow and ask her why she started to say hi to me and other things.
I'm in no way an expert on relationships, and i'm sorry if this makes things confisuing, but I think asking such a question might seen awkvard and misplaced.
From the things you've said, i would say that she doesn not pity you.
I donøt think many people would act friendly and hug someone for half a year out of pity. Therefore i would guess she sees you as a friend/possible friend or theres also the chance that she's into you.

If one of my friend asked me if i started talking to them because i pitied them i would feel weird.

I think you should just treat her as a friend, and i guess she would treat you the same way, and you will see that she does not pity you.