Dec 31, 2009
Mechsoap said:
Dr. wonderful said:
Mechsoap said:
Dr. wonderful said:
My sister hated it.

I loved every second of it.
what about it she hate?

OT: well the first logical step would be making sure every woman had an ps3.
She said it looked too real.

But she was pretty good at it, just didn't like it. If you think about it, it's the same with me and Saint row.
seems like an quite bade argument for not liking something.
So? It take different reasons to like/hate something. If she hated it, I'm not going to force it down her throat.

HigherTomorrow

Jan 24, 2010
CliffyB? Isn't that the guy who designed that macho-fest circle jerk featuring beautiful shades of grey, grey, grey, and grey?
We must bow to his every word!

I've never liked this CliffyB guy. He's a worse troll than Yoshinori Ono of Street Fighter fame (and just ask any Street Fighter what they think of Ono-san) and even if he wasn't a massive troll, he still comes off as a complete tool. Eh. Maybe he's not such a bad guy, but the way he acts in the video game industry says otherwise.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
It was the first game that actually sort of peaked the interest of my mother XD (that and the trailer to Last Guardian...what can I say? My mother has good taste).

I think he has a point, I think Cliffy Bs next few games should be advertised in Men's Health.

Cgull

Behind You
Oct 31, 2009
"I'm like, 'dude why isn't this in Entertainment Weekly?'"
Why does he hate the English language? WHY?!

That said, I can almost see where he's coming from, as the majority of people (myself included) tend to assume that 'girl gamers' favour the story over all other factors when it comes to gaming.

On the flipside, if there's a demographic out there that has yet to be turned on the some form of gaming (Casual, MMO, FPS, Handheld) I've yet to see it. Not including the Amish or anyone under 4, smartass.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
WrongSprite said:
Do the people who read womens magazines typically own PS3's though?

I think that's possibly the main point here.
Sony has a pretty good market saturation because the PS3 is a BD player. I think there's a pretty good chance this could work, if only for that reason.

DuttyDawn

Nov 4, 2010
I'm a girl. Played it and it was ok. Not so much a video game in my opinion. More like a "choose your own adventure" movie. Not sure if this would work getting women on board, but I hate those magazines so I'm certain that I'm not their key demographic either.

Mistermixmaster

Aug 4, 2009
I'd say that statement hold some truth to it. I sat and watched one of my female friends play Heavy Rain. She played through the entire game in one 11 hour sit down (which is unusual, since there's few games that are able to hold her attention long enough). We had a great time too ^_^

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
I could actually see it happening as long as they advertise it right. I mean, I don't know why my mom and all her friends watch CSI/Criminal Minds/Cold Case and other such shows. CliffyB is making it sound like Heavy Rain is similar to all of those, and if that's the case, they might have taken a look at it.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
... You know, I can't believe I'm about to say this... but CliffyB may have a point here.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
Xzi said:
WrongSprite said:
Do the people who read womens magazines typically own PS3's though?

I think that's possibly the main point here.
Maybe not, but they probably know somebody who owns one. Not only could Sony have attracted a new audience, they could have attracted females to their male friends' houses! Those bastards skipped a chance to get us all laid!
I think you've just made a huge discovery right there!

Mechsoap

Apr 4, 2010
Dr. wonderful said:
Mechsoap said:
Dr. wonderful said:
Mechsoap said:
Dr. wonderful said:
My sister hated it.

I loved every second of it.
what about it she hate?

OT: well the first logical step would be making sure every woman had an ps3.
She said it looked too real.

But she was pretty good at it, just didn't like it. If you think about it, it's the same with me and Saint row.
seems like an quite bade argument for not liking something.
So? It take different reasons to like/hate something. If she hated it, I'm not going to force it down her throat.
good point.

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
Girls would only play Heavy Rain if it involved a scene where they got to take Taylor Lautner's shirt off with QTEs, then have them select a long list of feelings to talk about while he patiently listens.

icame

Aug 4, 2010
I'm sure they'll just eat up that scene where a man forces her to strip at gunpoint.

Tehlanna TPX

Mar 23, 2010
Facepalming at all the ignorance in this thread, both by the original reference and the replies. Jesus Christ you'd think women were all stepford wives, or typical 'blondes' who giggle and pant "whatever you say, honey!" when our husbands suggest something.

-.-

Tehlanna TPX

Mar 23, 2010
Cousin_IT said:
Girls would only play Heavy Rain if it involved a scene where they got to take Taylor Lautner's shirt off with QTEs, then have them select a long list of feelings to talk about while he patiently listens.

Thats just disgusting. He's not at all attractive and Twilight is retarded.

Now Brad Pitt, on the otherhand...at least he's actually a man as opposed to an overdeveloped 14 year old.