Give Uwe Boll Your Money

savandicus

Jun 5, 2008
I'd pay him £50 if he allowed me to personally insult his films to his face for atleast half an hour. Either that or to just stand there laughing in his face for half an hour. That could be equally fun. He should set up something like that and he'll have his budget in minutes.

ward.

Aug 6, 2008
Malygris said:
and the tax law loopholes
Just figured I should point this out, Uwe didn't actually use a loophole, the law was created to allow german directors to produce films even though there was a good chance they'd loose money.

It was foreign directors shooting through german directors and using their tax status to get cheap deals and insurance on their money that screwed it up for everyone else.

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
ChromeAlchemist said:
You know I'm torn.

I want to end up in the film/televison industry, so padding out my CV with this (if I and hte other 12 people got 'lucky' and ended up on set in Canada) would be good, but on the other hand I would be giving Uwe Boll money to make people suffer.

It would be like funding terrorism, I couldn't possibly sleep at night. But still a once in a life time experience to find out how to NOT make movies is tempting, I'll give it some thought.
You know you want to. C'mon, someone's gotta do it, and I just plain can't afford to myself, but this is your industry and your first link. Screw your morals and find out what an insanely broken place the film industry is. :D

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
Wow. I knew this douche was out of touch with reality, but he thinks he can milk money from Americans during a depression? If we didn't want to pay $10 to see his movies, why would we pay $50 to help him make them?

RichardEdwards

Feb 14, 2009
Okay, I know I'm probably going to be out-numbered here, but I'm surprised at all the Uwe hate.

What's the guy done to any of you other than produce laughably awful films that insult the source of inspiration? Sure, they're bad. They don't usually do justice to the "actors," in them. They're poorly written, Yes. I admit all of that.

But on the other hand, they give me something to hate. I've had hours of fun moaning about how rubbish House Of The Dead was. Hours of fun that blockbuster hits haven't given me.

If you don't want to see a dreadful film, don't watch them. If you want to have a film out there that reminds you just how excellent other films are, and give you a chance to laugh at them in the process, do.

I wish I had more to live on than a tenner a week, otherwise I'd be in line to support a film I know I will love pulling to pieces.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
I opened up my front door, and it was Uwe Boll standing there.

He looked right at me and said, "I'm gonna need about $3.50."

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
BobisOnlyBob said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
You know I'm torn.

I want to end up in the film/televison industry, so padding out my CV with this (if I and hte other 12 people got 'lucky' and ended up on set in Canada) would be good, but on the other hand I would be giving Uwe Boll money to make people suffer.

It would be like funding terrorism, I couldn't possibly sleep at night. But still a once in a life time experience to find out how to NOT make movies is tempting, I'll give it some thought.
You know you want to. C'mon, someone's gotta do it, and I just plain can't afford to myself, but this is your industry and your first link. Screw your morals and find out what an insanely broken place the film industry is. :D
You know what? I think I will do this, besides the alarm bells ringing in my head telling me I'm smoking crack. But I can absolutely guarantee that I could be the only person doing this, and I would still never see hide nor hair of that money that he is promising to people.

Maybe I could get a video of me arguing with Uwe Boll and maybe punching him out due to his weapons-grade idiocy or flat out arrogance? Internet hero? Me thinks so!

mGoLos

Nov 7, 2007
Hmm, I'm bit strapped for cash at the moment, but how's about a nice swift kick to the groin? :D

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
$5 maybe, for a joke.
But $50 is actually an investment! I'd never invest in the man who made Postal...

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Well, I could do that.

Or I could buy a good movie for $20 and still have $30 left over for booze.

Or a bad $5 movie and have $45 left over for booze.

Or I could buy a game for $50. Or maybe several.

Or go to 5 movies in the theater.

Or stay home and masterbate and save $50.

All of which would be a better use of my money then giving it to Uwe Boll.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
SmugFrog said:

It wasn't until then I realized that it wasn't Uwe Boll at all, but that Damn LochNess Monster!

rekabdarb

Jun 25, 2008
wait wait wait... please don't ***** me out, but why is Uwe Boll hated so much

and
Dalisclock said:
SmugFrog said:

It wasn't until then I realized that it wasn't Uwe Boll at all, but that Damn LochNess Monster!
lawl