GLaDOS Powers Up for Portal 2, Steals Potato Chips

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
John Funk said:
Hey Funk, if you or any of the other staff are up: the prize for getting a Golden Potato was a Valve Complete pack. Which included a copy of Portal 2. Check the Portal 2 forums for verification:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=854

LunaSocks

Dec 27, 2010
SPECULATION TIME!!! What do you guys think will happen once we hit 00:00:00? I honestly think that, based on the amount of test subjects that are currently at the top of the screen (currently 1,746), and they will give out that many copies of Portal 2 free on Steam.

What do you guys think?

sky_rider19

Mar 16, 2011
keelzbunny said:
SPECULATION TIME!!! What do you guys think will happen once we hit 00:00:00? I honestly think that, based on the amount of test subjects that are currently at the top of the screen (currently 1,746), and they will give out that many copies of Portal 2 free on Steam.

What do you guys think?
I would love that since I don't have the money to buy it. But I doubt it. We'll see.

Bloodyfish

Aug 5, 2009
My preload button is now a play button, and the game is updating. It tells me the game is unavailable when I click though. All of the game bars went to full, for some reason.

Quick update, I clicked play after the update and got a little decrypting bar. Moving quite quickly.

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
keelzbunny said:

What do you guys think?
Pretty much that masses will start playing Portal 2, and world peace will ensue.

sky_rider19

Mar 16, 2011
Whoa! Defense grid knocked 8 minutes off of the timer! Amnesia will surely knock it to zero if compleated in the next 2 minutes!

LunaSocks

Dec 27, 2010
That potato number has me utterly confounded. It jumped from 61,000, then jumped up to 63,000, then into 62,000. I have some feeling that this number is just a sick joke of Valve's, meant to get inside people's heads, leaving them with an eternal mystery. Wouldn't surprise me, coming from Valve. Those guys are like psychological terrorists.

Wither

Nov 19, 2009
Oh intsallation errror.. I'm to angry to be angry, I have transcended hate and have reached the pristine valley of cold, biting rage.

SangRahl

Feb 11, 2009
Currently shows 32k players online and still 62k+ potatoes left-over after completion. That tells me that their 'overclocking' algorythm was a bit off where it took account of how much participation versus community cooperation would be present.

MasterSplinter

Jul 8, 2009
I've played 90 minutes of awesome and have to go to sleep on account of being 3:30 in the morning over here.

There is a weird "interactive teaser" in the extras at the main menu.
(basically a REALLY short demo)

It could be a new IP for valve, the setting looks older than present time.