GLaDOS Prepares Countdown for Portal 2 ARG's "Final Test"

Jim Stacey

Mar 31, 2011
While I am rather disappointed at the the outcome of this, I applaud Valve for what they're trying to do (even if it is a little sneaky). Basically they are bribing us to support indie devs with the promise of an early release for Portal 2. It will probably work, too.

Also, Captcha: docter pehpure

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Did anyone else laugh at the "glados@home" URL?
It's a reference to folding@home :p

Warrior Irme

May 30, 2008
I didn't buy the potato sack. Why you ask? It's because I already own half of it. If I wasn't busy I would get playing some defense grid, Killing Floor, and Bit Trip. Those are my favorites from it.

LucidSeraph

Feb 16, 2011
So as I am to understand it actually, it looks like *you yourself* do not have to buy and play the game - it looks like X number of people have to buy and play the game?

At least these are indie games that I feel deserve the exposure, and the price isn't so bad either. Indeed, I must actually applaud Valve - this is an insidious marketing mechanic. They know we need this game. And they are making us buy more crack to get our crack.

I see what you did there, Valve.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Well, I'll load up Super Meat Boy, but I'm not dropping $40 on the rest of the games. I was already planning on waiting until next Tuesday, and I can keep waiting if I have to.

Amondren

Oct 15, 2009
Its updated now by playing steam games it increase's the SPU output for the website and i believe it lowers the count down.

swimon

Jul 23, 2009
It's more to it than just buying and playing the games you need to get potatoes on your profile (at least I think you do there is a potato symbol on the page and your profile can get potatoes from the games). Actually one thing everyone can do (everyone with steam) is join the steam group NELIPOT which nets you a potato.

Other than that I only know of how to get it for AAAA a reckless disregard for gravity. Type in "Killing you and giving you advice is not mutually exclusive." (without quotation marks) into the screen that comes up when you click the portal button in the lower left corner. When you do that you get a new level that you need to get a perfect score on. The other potato in AAAAAA is hard to explain, youtubing it is way easier.

Juion

Nov 7, 2006
Encourage your friends to play more Potato Sack games and collect Potatoes. If we organize this, we can get Portal 2 this weekend!

ResonanceGames

Feb 25, 2011
Well, I already own several Potato sack games, but I'm at work all day so I'm not going to be able to boot any up. LAME.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
Clever, Valve... clever.

Shame I don't own a single one of those games. But hey, it's a good idea all the same!

[BDS]Omega

Mar 29, 2010
Billska said:
I'm guessing it's Skynet. After all, Portal 2 ships out when skynet goes online.
Skynet has been online for years, since 1969. Its a "communication network" operated by the UK for the British Military and its NATO allies

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skynet_(satellites)