Glenn Beck Claims Murdered EVE Player Was CIA

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
In all fairness if members of the CIA actually played videogames EVE would probably be one of them. Hell we even have our own damn EVE wikileaks who's only job is to get secret EVEmails between corps and post them up for anyone to see.

With any luck this will get mostly ignored and hopefully Fox or any of the other major news sites won't bring it up out of morbid curiosity. Last thing we need is people thinking EVE is controlled by secret goverment forces...

Everyone knows thats Farmville.

MagmaMan

Apr 2, 2012
I would find it highly amusing if after all the comments in this forum it turned out the guy was right.

aceman67

Jan 14, 2010
I am utterly ashamed to be in the same Church as him. This man is ALL KINDS of nuts. Its guys like this and Romney who give Mormons a bad name.

the7ofswords

Apr 9, 2009
Well, we all know Beck is bat-shit insane. But let's just say he's right on this one (broken clocks and all) ... what's his point? So, an intelligence & espionage agency was involved in some sort of covert ops? Wow. That would be completely unheard of ...

The Material Sheep

Nov 12, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
Tenmar said:
Oh for the love of god delete this story. I'm a conservative and I don't want to hear anything about him or his crap. He left TV to start up his internet crap and we should let him fade into obscurity.
Remember, THIS is what happens when you let paranoia get the best of you.

Now go back to Fox News and find out what you're REALLY supposed to be afraid of this week.
Captcha : Double time
Hop to it!
Yeah! Let's call someone stupid for having a different opinion then you! Everyone point and laugh at him!

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Treblaine said:
" to cover up the Obama administration's involvement in the Libyan uprising."

Bit late for that. Obama made a freaking speech on national television of him committing fighter jets, bombers and other military support.
This is Glenn Beck country. Beckistan. In Beckistan, the normal rules of logic do not comply. Ergo, conspiracy!

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Gah, borderline disrespecful to Sean tbh. Still, everyone is entitled to their views no matter how bizzare they may seem to others I guess.

Catalyst6

Dapper Fellow
Apr 21, 2010
Why are people even writing articles on this nutjob anymore?

This is just what he wants...

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
chimpzy said:
Beck probably also thinks James Bonds movies are actually documentaries. And that the Hall of Doom is very, very real
Shows what you know. He thinks they have hidden messages.

The Material Sheep

Nov 12, 2009
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
th3dark3rsh33p said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Tenmar said:
Oh for the love of god delete this story. I'm a conservative and I don't want to hear anything about him or his crap. He left TV to start up his internet crap and we should let him fade into obscurity.

Now go back to Fox News and find out what you're REALLY supposed to be afraid of this week.
Hop to it!
Yeah! Let's call someone stupid for having a different opinion then you! Everyone point and laugh at him!
I'm fairly certain he was joking (it is DVS BSTrD, I don't think he has ever posted anything serious...) but overreacting works too.
Yeah... see that's often the reply I get when I see people say things like that. Usually its okay to make fun of people that have a different opinion, and then when they call you on it, say its a joke and miss the point entirely.

The point being is that these jokes are often easy, not well thought out and usually are aimed at the person not "ideology" in question. Like id totally understand if this weren't a prevalent response to someone answering with a conservative opinion or differing opinion here. Otherwise it just comes off as bullying. Just mob bullying because the guy knows that no ones gonna call him on it because the majority of the people agree with him on an ideological level.

Just goes back to the Bush jokes or the Glenn Beck jokes... there safe easy laughs that have become just a more mean spirited political or intellectual wank then trying to be clever or making an insightful joke and people KNOW they aren't gonna get called on it because the majority of the people they interact with agree with them.

I don't like Bush... or Glenn Beck. I don't have to constantly seek validation in my political beliefs concerning them by going to the interwebs and commenting on how much Glenn Beck is a fool.

CosmicCommander

Friendly Neighborhood Troll?
Apr 11, 2009
This is an interesting theory; there's no way to verify it, but it certainly isn't something that couldn't be outside the realms of reality. There is evidence to suggest foreign intelligence agencies assisted in exacerbating the Libyan uprising, and if that is the case it's a no-brainer that there would be CIA agents within conventional consular staff to ensure damage control: it's little more than common sense. I don't see how the idea that Mr. Smith's last message potentially being a covert call for aid being something silly.

But we won't know whether it was the case or not for a long time. It's most likely that Mr. Beck is trying to conjure up theories to appease his ego/garner attention at the moment, though.

Robert0288

Jun 10, 2008
ahahahaha goonswarm being CIA. Yes, let's have a front in a gaming community that routinely does nothing but try to infiltrate each others forums, and teamspeak servers. Because that's a good plan.

Mournblade94

Apr 11, 2012
th3dark3rsh33p said:
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
th3dark3rsh33p said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Tenmar said:

Hop to it!
I'm fairly certain he was joking (it is DVS BSTrD, I don't think he has ever posted anything serious...) but overreacting works too.
Yeah... see that's often the reply I get when I see people say things like that. Usually its okay to make fun of people that have a different opinion, and then when they call you on it, say its a joke and miss the point entirely.

The point being is that these jokes are often easy, not well thought out and usually are aimed at the person not "ideology" in question. Like id totally understand if this weren't a prevalent response to someone answering with a conservative opinion or differing opinion here. Otherwise it just comes off as bullying. Just mob bullying because the guy knows that no ones gonna call him on it because the majority of the people agree with him on an ideological level.

Just goes back to the Bush jokes or the Glenn Beck jokes... there safe easy laughs that have become just a more mean spirited political or intellectual wank then trying to be clever or making an insightful joke and people KNOW they aren't gonna get called on it because the majority of the people they interact with agree with them.

I don't like Bush... or Glenn Beck. I don't have to constantly seek validation in my political beliefs concerning them by going to the interwebs and commenting on how much Glenn Beck is a fool.
Glenn Beck's political views are simply and entirely wrong. One should poke fun at him because he is stupid. I am well secure in my political views because I am a scientist. I have proof of mine. People like Glenn Beck spread willful ignorance, and SHOULD be called out for it.

Milanezi

Mar 2, 2009
Jesus, his theory doesn't even make sense... But okay, whatever fits his fancy. No country, unfortunately, is safe from the likes of him: people who have no problem capitalizing on the ignorance (and I use the word as "lack of knowledge") of others, and suffering of people (I'm pretty sure "Vile Rat's" family and friends are not joyful to have his image thrown into a made up conspiracy theory)