Glitches of +12 Awesome

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
So, the other day I was playing Team Fortress 2 as the Heavy. We were charging out of BLU base at the beginning of Gold Rush, and I had a Medic ubercharge me. I went on to carve a path of destruction through the RED ranks, but the ubercharge wore off the medic and he was tragically slain. But here's the catch--it never wore off on me. OH SNAP!! PERMANENTLY INVULNERABLE HEAVY!! I went on to strike fear into the hearts of my enemies, completely unchallenged, for the next ten minutes. I racked up 67 kills and 79 points. Then, some smartass Medic decided to try and double-uber me with a charge of his own. His charge lasted the normal amount of time and faded away, taking my godlike invincibility with it, and I was promptly headshot. Still, I was amazed that the game could randomly glitch in a way that was so beneficial.
Has this ever happened to you? Were you ever playing when suddenly, the game broke, and you became nigh unstoppable? I'm not talking about some well-known exploit that you were trying to utilize, but an event that was completely random and unexpected. Please, discuss.

MasterSqueak

May 10, 2009
On TF2, I was sneaking around as a Spy, when I bumped into an Engineer and his sentry blasted me with a rocket. I survived due to standing on a health pack when I was shot, and glitched through the wall and became able to pass through solid objects.

The wall is a sp-*backstabbed by an arm passing through the wall*

Ozkilla

Jul 6, 2009
Pre BC on WoW i got a flying mount glitch and nothing could attack me. So of course i flew through Stormwind on the back of a wyvern. You couldnt actually fly up though, it was just like walking but your character was on the back of one of the transport mounts.

Beffudled Sheep

Jan 23, 2009
Country
Texas
Once while playing Bloodmoney the game glitched on the boat mission. No one was able to notice anything I did. I murdered the entire boat and still got Silent Assassin rating. That was a good day.

Beffudled Sheep

Jan 23, 2009
Country
Texas
notoriouslynx said:
Once as a survivor in left 4 dead, I'll fell out of the building and landed saftly on an invisible surface.
Did you get stuck, or were you able to continue?

Elven Marksman

Jun 27, 2008
Played as a hunter in L4D, 1 survivor inside safe room, 2 still coming. Guy in safe romm sees me as i pounce, and closes door, i glitch and fly underneath it and rip him up =D

rabidmidget

Apr 18, 2008
MasterSqueak said:
On TF2, I was sneaking around as a Spy, when I bumped into an Engineer and his sentry blasted me with a rocket. I survived due to standing on a health pack when I was shot, and glitched through the wall and became able to pass through solid objects.

i am really tempted to recreate this glitch

OneBig Man

Jul 23, 2008
It didn't help me but in L4D, I was a boomer and one of the people were hanging on the ledge, I was able to help him up. The guy ended up killing me right after but my explosion knocked him off the edge.

willard3

Aug 19, 2008
There's a fun hard-to-reach/see area on BF: Bad Company on the Oasis level. If you're defending, you start really close to it. You have to climb to the top of a building, run and jump to a shed, and walk onto a wall to get at it. It's basically just a perch on top of a 6-foot-high wall, but it's partially obscured by tree branches, making for an excellent sniping position.

Just tonight, I got a pair of laser designating efficiency trophies and about a 10 killstreak AFTER those trophies...I felt dirty when their guys started spawning 10 feet from me without realizing I was there and I unloaded with a pistol into their backs. But all's fair, someone found me soon after, and the game went on.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
I hit a glitch in a 4 player LAN Starcraft game, I played as protoss. For whatever reason (still unknown), my shield strength wouldn't go past 1, no matter how many times I was hit. While I utilized the mysterious power to dominate the others, they soon figured it out and demanded a rematch. No such luck the second time, though

lostclause

Mar 31, 2009
ObnoxiousTwat said:
Once on Halo 3 a plasma grande stuck me but never exploded. Tis the luck of the Spartan.
Doesn't that happen when the host leaves the game? Apparently that happened once with a sticky on the ground. All these people crowded around until someone shot it and it exploded and killed all of them.

mike1921

Oct 17, 2008
Yokai said:
So, the other day I was playing Team Fortress 2 as the Heavy. We were charging out of BLU base at the beginning of Gold Rush, and I had a Medic ubercharge me. I went on to carve a path of destruction through the RED ranks, but the ubercharge wore off the medic and he was tragically slain. But here's the catch--it never wore off on me. OH SNAP!! PERMANENTLY INVULNERABLE HEAVY!! I went on to strike fear into the hearts of my enemies, completely unchallenged, for the next ten minutes. I racked up 67 kills and 79 points. Then, some smartass Medic decided to try and double-uber me with a charge of his own. His charge lasted the normal amount of time and faded away, taking my godlike invincibility with it, and I was promptly headshot. Still, I was amazed that the game could randomly glitch in a way that was so beneficial.
Has this ever happened to you? Were you ever playing when suddenly, the game broke, and you became nigh unstoppable? I'm not talking about some well-known exploit that you were trying to utilize, but an event that was completely random and unexpected. Please, discuss.
-___- that medic is a fucking idiot....

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
In Halo 2 I was in a Scorpion, against an enemy Wraith. Like all good players do, I drove over it as it boosted into me.

And then my Scorpion started flying, which was awesome.

Rooker

Jul 12, 2009
I actually have a funny Halo Glitch involving the Halo Glitches. It was one of those boring times where everybody wanted to try pulling off one of those damned super bounce glitches up to a sneaky spot. All I had was a shotgun so I amused myself by wasting ammo via shooting at the guys as they jumped because there was nothing better to do. One of them FINALLY gets the super jump and we still don't know what happened (I was not shooting at anybody either, so it wasn't a magic piece of buckshot to the skull) and he graduated from Super Bounce to "cliff diver" carcass. It's too bad the rag doll effects aren't more fun, I'd have liked to see him bounce a few times like his bones were made of pulverized rubber XD

Only one idiot wanted to keep going after that, but he quickly chose a new path after we all decided it'd be more fun to gather round, watch and then shoot him as he jumped, so the game finally got moving again. Coincidentally, the trigger happy lunatic that is myself won that match in the end. I was pleased by that just for the fact that I won a game where I was the only one wanting to play it for what it was made for.

MasterSqueak

May 10, 2009
rabidmidget said:
MasterSqueak said:

i am really tempted to recreate this glitch
Imagine the terror of a phantom crab spy.