Glorious PC Gaming Master Race Announces 2016 Candidacy

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Encaen said:
Objectable said:
... This is literally the dumbest thing I have ever seen. And I've been on the escapist forums.
a) That's not what "literally" means.
b) I'm confident that this is the least ridiculous thing that's happened during this presidential campaign cycle.
by virtue of Trump running this is far less stupid then the actual presidential circus we got going

also, the agent imp badge image is broken.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
This certainly put a smile on my face. PC Master Race + Donal Trump campaign tactics is a match made in heaven (or hell, I can't tell with all the imps around).

geizr

Oct 9, 2008
The whole "PC Master Race" thing can kiss my entire black ass; I'm rather sick to the teeth of all the self-serving chest pounding that surrounds it. It's just another stupid thing for gamers to try to rationalize how their particular choices are somehow superior to anyone else's choice and to marginalize any reasoning that other's may have for their choices. There are pluses and minuses to both PC and console-based gaming. Which you prefer is up to you, personally, and is not an objective, mathematical constraint imposed by the Universe, like the speed of light limit (and even that can be circumvented with clever warping of the spacetime metric). That said, however, there is a simple reason why game publishers may have become more focused on consoles in comparison to PC: the PC may no longer a big enough or profitable enough market, by comparison.

And before people say it, I get the joke behind the term "PC Master Race" (I can remember when Yahtzee coined the term, or, at least, popularized it), but many people don't seem to use the term quite so jokingly.

ADDENDUM: I guess it just goes with all the other "us vs. them" divisions that gamers seem to invent on a daily basis to justify how they're somehow "superior" to others. Can't we all learn to just get along?

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Diablo1099 said:
Think the twitter link is bugged.

Still, I am keen to see how this plays out, It's already more respectable then the actual Presidental race in the US.
No one even tried to compare dick sizes yet :p
It's a video game thing; I'm guessing that people comparing dick sizes is the LEAST offensive thing happening :D

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
i just want to have games being made on pc first and then on console. as it used to be. getting crappy ports is not fun. i think batman really is a great example.

but yeah, its an amusing speech. not sure if should pay too much attention to it since he does sound like trump.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Redlin5 said:
Are we going to build a wall to keep out the console immigrants?
Yes we are, and you want to know why?

The console government is much smarter, much sharper and much more cunning and they send the bad ones to PC Gaming[sup]TM[/sup] because they don't want to keep them on their own forums, they don't want to moderate them, why should they when the stupid leaders of the PC Master Race[sup]TM[/sup] do it for them?

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Encaen said:
"Show 'em braided cables are best cables!"
But..they kind of are.
<.<
--- We'll put a 4k Monitor on every desk in the country by 2018, and we'll make China pay for it.

--- Our first act in office will be an executive order criminalizing FPS caps on PC games.

--- We will push through legislation making it illegal to release a game without a dedicated PC version of equal or greater quality.

--- We will work towards a constitutional amendment strictly forbidding pay-to-win microtransactions. .
Other than maybe number 3, I....really don't have a problem with any of these.

Oh gods...have I become a Trump DL Com supporter?!

I just want mah 4K monitor and unbroken ports!

Redlin5 said:
What else do you use peasants for if not to build a wall?

geizr said:
That said, however, there is a simple reason why game publishers may have become more focused on consoles in comparison to PC: the PC may no longer a big enough or profitable enough market, by comparison.
Except, they're not. More and more devs are building PC titles over console versions. Even Japanese publishers and developers are starting to release more games on numerous PC platforms. Something they rarely did in years past.

Despite the perception, bad PC ports are becoming less common. It's just that, as the market grows, more and more people notice the few high-profile examples.

I'm not saying this as "proof" that PC gaming is some how "superior" to console gaming. I'm just pointing out that PC gaming isn't "dying", as some would have us believe.

but many people don't seem to use the term quite so jokingly.
I dunno. From what I've always seen it's more commonly used in a jokingly ironic way rather than a literal way.

Can't we all learn to just get along?
No! This is the internet! We thrive on conflict and antagonism!

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Encaen said:
Laughing Man said:
Perhaps I missed it in what sounded like a dick standing up and talking like a dick but if you're going to announce your candidacy for something it usually help if you tell us what it is you are becoming a candidate for? Oh I get that it's no doubt something to do with the US elections but I care for that only slightly more than I care about some dickend who believes that calling console gamers 'peasants' in his opening statement is a good idea.
We'll have a meeting to discuss the "peasants" terminology. Does "waif" resonate any better? "Pleb" or "serf," maybe?
This is the modern age, Console Proletariat.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
20% of the people have 80% of the framerate. We must preserve this balance to keep the master race pure!

Redlin5 said:
Yes! We shall build A FIREWALL around the internet and no newly set up modems will be allowed to access it, in order to keep the Master Race pure.

I also vote that we have a daily 2 minute hate on the Master Chief for his traitorous console exclusivity. They told me I could finish the fight. My PC is still waiting!
Not the Arbiter though, they dropped him as a main character after H2, so we cool.

TotalerKrieger

Nov 12, 2011
Speaking as an adamant PC snob, I predict rampant sectarianism within the PCGMR.

The Great Schism of 1054? The Sino-Soviet Split? Petty quarrels compared the sort of poisonous rhetoric and hateful trolling that will emerge amongst the PCGMR membership.

The infighting will be a truly glorious sight to behold!

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Well thats pretty ham fisted. You should have contacted /u/Pedro19[footnote]for those still in the dark, Pedro19 is the creator of PCMR subreddit[/footnote] if you wanted to make a speech, that man makes awesome speeches in interviews and even has amazing voice.

kimiyoribaka said:
That said, curiosity got the best of me just now. I looked at the twitter account. That "candidate" appears to be a shill for microsoft! "PC" should not be a synonym for windows, especially not when windows is moving toward multiple platforms. Windows, Ubuntu and Darwin are all just OS's, and all equally qualify their machines for the label of "personal computer"--or "persocom" if they have the moe voice pack. Also, "DirectX 12 support on all hardware"? Since when did DirectX even work like that? That's the defining difference between DirectX and OpenGL! And besides Vulcan may be the future of GPUs anyway. And can we stop with the vague references to "framerate caps"? Seriously, Vsync is a framerate cap! Rasterized sprites are a framerate cap! Gamemaker Studio is a framerate cap! And one that defaults to 30 fps no less! Factcheck that! We need a candidate that knows the issues and doesn't just pander to the buzzword audience!
Windows dominates over 95% of PC market. there is no denying it is important to PC gaming whether you like it or not. Its the first time i see anyone refer to OSX as Darwin though, kudos for that.

OpenGL is dead. if you think otherwise you're just fooling yourself. It hasnt been able to compete for years. Vulcan does look nice, but we will have to see if it takes hold. So far we got more DX12 support than Vulcan.

Also all the things you listed as framerate caps should be done away with. Vsync will be replaced by either G-sync of Free-sync (hopefully the latter) and the others shouldn't even exist anymore.

martyrdrebel27 said:
PC Gamers are Hillary
Console Gamers are Bernie.

do with that what you will.
Wait so the big corporate shills are Bernie and grassroots community is Hilary? I think you got that completely backwards there pall.

Drake the Dragonheart said:
I am amazed at how a line Yahtzee used in a zero punctuation 7-8 years ago is still going around today.
Considering that in 2013 Yatzee wrote an article stating that PC Master Race was correct thus further fueling the community of PC gaming enthusiasts no wonder it is still around. after all we dont sell our souls to a corporation so we could play inferior versions of a game.

Vigormortis said:
I'm not saying this as "proof" that PC gaming is some how "superior" to console gaming. I'm just pointing out that PC gaming isn't "dying", as some would have us believe.
PC gaming has been "dieing" since 1985 and yet somehow it has the biggest market share it ever had.

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
Strazdas said:
Well thats pretty ham fisted. You should have contacted /u/Pedro19[footnote]for those still in the dark, Pedro19 is the creator of PCMR subreddit[/footnote] if you wanted to make a speech, that man makes awesome speeches in interviews and even has amazing voice.

martyrdrebel27 said:
PC Gamers are Hillary

Wait so the big corporate shills are Bernie and grassroots community is Hilary? I think you got that completely backwards there pall.

no, PC Gamers are elitist rich kids completely unaware of how completely unaware they are.

consoles are better for the general populace, with standardized ecosystems and cheaper entry points.

Strazdas

May 28, 2011
martyrdrebel27 said:
Strazdas said:
martyrdrebel27 said:
PC Gamers are Hillary

no, PC Gamers are elitist rich kids completely unaware of how completely unaware they are.

consoles are better for the general populace, with standardized ecosystems and cheaper entry points.
Wat.jpg

PC gaming is cheaper than console gaming. PC gaming movement is run by gamers from the grounds up.
Consoles are more expensive (and more limited) run by corporates and people shilling for them.

You do realize most of 3rd world games on PC because its cheaper on PC than on console? So much for rich kids.

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
Strazdas said:
martyrdrebel27 said:
Strazdas said:
martyrdrebel27 said:
PC Gamers are Hillary

Wat.jpg

PC gaming is cheaper than console gaming. PC gaming movement is run by gamers from the grounds up.
Consoles are more expensive (and more limited) run by corporates and people shilling for them.

You do realize most of 3rd world games on PC because its cheaper on PC than on console? So much for rich kids.
for the $400 dollars i spent on my xbox, i have the best possible model of that device, getting the best possible experience from it.

for the $400 i spent, if spent instead on a gaming rig... well, i'm not on par with everyone else. in fact, my experience is far inferior to those who can spend $1500 on a graphics card.

how can you say it's cheaper when one component costs more than the whole console?

Strazdas

May 28, 2011
martyrdrebel27 said:
Strazdas said:
Wat.jpg

for the $400 dollars i spent on my xbox, i have the best possible model of that device, getting the best possible experience from it.

for the $400 i spent, if spent instead on a gaming rig... well, i'm not on par with everyone else. in fact, my experience is far inferior to those who can spend $1500 on a graphics card.

how can you say it's cheaper when one component costs more than the whole console?
Which is still inferior experience that what you would get from a PC for same price. Saying you get best possible performance on your Xbox isnt a good thing, it only shows how bad the xbox performance is.

There is no such thing as 1500 dollar graphics card. In fact the best GPU you could get right now costs 630 dollars. This however is not required to game on PC, because a PC made from 400 dollars will still offer better performance than the Xbox.

Its amazing how you think you need to have the best possible machine to enjoy the game and at the same time defend the worst possible machine.

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
and before we get there, i've heard the arguments that you can build a rig that outperforms a console for the same price. every time this comes up, i have to say two things.

1. Bullshit.
2. even if it were true, how is that relevant? you're no longer in the same ecosystem as the console. maybe it would look better than the console version, but i'm concerned with gameplay, and a person with a $400 rig can't compete with a person who has $400 worth of RAM alone.

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
Strazdas said:
martyrdrebel27 said:
Strazdas said:
Wat.jpg

Which is still inferior experience that what you would get from a PC for same price. Saying you get best possible performance on your Xbox isnt a good thing, it only shows how bad the xbox performance is.

There is no such thing as 1500 dollar graphics card. In fact the best GPU you could get right now costs 630 dollars. This however is not required to game on PC, because a PC made from 400 dollars will still offer better performance than the Xbox.

Its amazing how you think you need to have the best possible machine to enjoy the game and at the same time defend the worst possible machine.
http://techfrag.com/2016/04/27/amd-officially-launches-its-1500-radeon-pro-duo-graphics-card/

Rastrelly

%PCName
Mar 19, 2011
martyrdrebel27 said:
Strazdas said:
martyrdrebel27 said:
Strazdas said:
martyrdrebel27 said:
PC Gamers are Hillary

Wat.jpg

You ARE aware that you can buy a $1000 rig that will last as long as current consoles, and afterwards spend less on periodic upgrades then you would on buying new gen console? I live in FUCKING UKRAINE, have a salary of $100 a month, and still fucking able to upgrade my PC (and my PC is still able to run new DooM, even while being under-specs)!

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
Strazdas said:
martyrdrebel27 said:
Strazdas said:
Wat.jpg

and yes, best possible machine in it's respective ecosystem.