Gold Wii Makes Gold PS3s Seem Inexpensive

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
Even as a golden Wii, it still isn't worth $20 in my eyes.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Gildan Bladeborn said:
You can graft all sorts of precious metals onto it in an attempt to make it classy, but in the end you're still performing the exact same undignified waggles that the plebian Wii owners are, only now you look even sillier because you're waggling on a console that costs roughly 500 grand.
How utterly undignified, my good man. You don't PLAY a half-million-dollar console; you place it on a pedestal, and brag to your other rich friends about how you managed to waste an amount of money on which ten normal families could live comfortably for a year. Don't you know that comparing ego-inflating wastes of money is what rich people DO?

zamble

We are GOLDEN!
Sep 28, 2009
Gingerman said:
Don't know why anyone would want to spend that amount of money on a shiny paper weight, someone who counts with their fingers I guess.
Someone who counts with their finger would have problems counting up to 500,000, maybe that's why he would just sign the check...

Anyway, I'm putting this on my Christmas's List!!

open trap

Feb 26, 2009
Now all of the bitchy 3yr olds are gonna go "Mommy mommy its gold u gotta get it you gotta get it!" and they will to make them shut up.

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
1deano1 said:
This is just completely bonkers... Who in their right mind is actually going to buy one of these?
Yeah srsly? does the presdident of Nintendo even have one??

ffxfriek

Apr 3, 2008
Pendragon9 said:
Damn!

Next up I expect there to be a platinum 360, just cause Microsoft has to improve on everything.
THEN the RRoD rate would go from 54% to 110%

Bilbo536

Sep 24, 2009
FISHFINGERS said:
Doug said:
MetaKnight19 said:
Simalacrum said:
I...I...

[HEADING=2]WHO ACTUALLY BUYS THIS CRAP?![/HEADING]
Someone with more money than sense, most likely.
Or someone who so much money they can afford to show off.
Nobody buys them, things like this almost always end up as display pieces for the company.
They also generate press interest and act as another form of advertising.

Well either that or the Liverpool based company plan on selling them to Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr and Cilla Black.
I must agree with above poster. I hardly imagine these were meant to be bought by ordinary people. Only for advertising by owners of huge Nintendo-related companies. Or Jesus. Jesus needs a Wii too. Only his needs to be epic.

EDIT: I actually have a question. It's much smaller than the PS3, how come it's so much more (RIDICULOUSLY more)expensive? Is it just higher-quality gold?

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
Raptorace18 said:
This doesn't make the Wii any less of a turd.
Didn't make the PS3 any closer to a fair price OR any less of a turd either lol.

I'm sure some rich rapper will have fun.

warbaloon

Aug 11, 2009
hebdomad said:
Well this beats it. A Gold Ferrari 599.

http://www.topgear.com/au/car-news/599-convertible-2009-12-15

I think you would have to be some kind of bond villain to own such a car. (maybe gold finger?)
Became extremely bored while reading this...I assume that's what normal people think of a gold console. If anything, a sane person would get a golden, diamond encrusted toilet. Classy

edit*

Doug said:
And yet, Saddam Hussien had solid gold toilets. Some people REALLY want to show off.
Apparently I need to read more thoroughly before posting.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
HardRockSamurai said:
Oh please.

Seeing as the Wii's sales figures are through the roof, they might as well be made of gold already.

[small]Does it come with a solid gold Wii Sports?[/small]
Dont bash Wii sports man, get blasted and try it with a bunch of your friends.

Party resulted in a broken finger and sprained ankle + a shit ton of great stories to tell your kids.

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
JWAN said:
HardRockSamurai said:
Oh please.

Seeing as the Wii's sales figures are through the roof, they might as well be made of gold already.

Party resulted in a broken finger and sprained ankle + a shit ton of great stories to tell your kids.
umm, I'm not bashing Wii Sports. Where did you get that idea?

Besides, I own a copy of Wii Sports. It's a fun little game...which is why I want a solid gold version of it :D

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
HardRockSamurai said:
JWAN said:
HardRockSamurai said:
Oh please.

umm, I'm not bashing Wii Sports. Where did you get that idea?

Besides, I own a copy of Wii Sports. It's a fun little game...which is why I want a solid gold version of it :D
No problems then, I thought it was sarcastic like troller in the first post. Not like its a real problem anyway...

but really bring that game out and girls strip.