Good book to film transfers. EDIT: to include a list.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
oh yeah i forgot to say

The Last Man on Earth - it's the original movie based on the book I am Legend, then again it was written by Richard Matheson and has Vincent Price in it

Struck21

Feb 28, 2009
cleverlymadeup said:
omicronpercei said:
Jurassic Park was a descent book-to-film movie...the sequels....not so much
actually so was Rising Sun, totally forgot about that one also by Micheal Crichton

Struck21 said:
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy- Newer one, not the BBC gem. walked out of the movie
actually the book is the adaption :)

it goes like this

radio play
book
bbc tv series
and various other formats until the movie

all written by Douglas Adams himself, so any changes he made to the movie were done by him
I know the history of the books but no matter what is said, the new movie was rubbish. Even knowing that Adams worked on it up until he died, then the director raped what he wasn't around to stop doesn't make me feel any better.

bigbrian206 said:
MrGFunk said:
Starship Troopers
no...just no
See I am torn on this one. I consider this movie a horrid guilty pleasure but compared to the book, its nothing. I normally reread the book after watching the movie but I still enjoy the movie.

THEMANWHOIS

Mar 12, 2009
orannis62 said:
The best I've ever experienced was Children of Men, in that I actually preferred the movie, as opposed to the usual sentiment "not as good as the book, but okay".
yes!!! wholeheartedly agree!! i think i mainly loved the directing in it though, the long takes were just amazing, and some of the best i've seen in film

Superballs

Feb 6, 2009
I would have to say that Payback with Mel Gibson was WAAAAYYYYY better than The Hunter which it was based on...though to give the Hunter credit it was written in like 1967.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
TheLoveRat said:
vamp rocks said:
i have heard twilight made a good movie, i just finnished the book so now i want to go see the film
Sorry, but are you a girl!
and there is something wrong with that?

Twilight was a good book and a fairly decent movie. i like my imagination version of the book better but.....

i have to throw in the one godawful one that i hope noone says was good.

Timeline was the WORST i've ever seen. They completely butchered my favorite book.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
Struck21 said:
cleverlymadeup said:
omicronpercei said:
Jurassic Park was a descent book-to-film movie...the sequels....not so much
actually so was Rising Sun, totally forgot about that one also by Micheal Crichton

Struck21 said:
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy- Newer one, not the BBC gem. walked out of the movie
actually the book is the adaption :)

it goes like this

radio play
book
bbc tv series
and various other formats until the movie

all written by Douglas Adams himself, so any changes he made to the movie were done by him
I know the history of the books but no matter what is said, the new movie was rubbish. Even knowing that Adams worked on it up until he died, then the director raped what he wasn't around to stop doesn't make me feel any better.
i preferred the bbc tv series to the movie. i walked out on the movie(luckily it was only on dvd at a friends house)

Ridergurl10

Dec 25, 2008
As long as no one says the Count of Monte Cristo everything will be ok . . . that is the WORST book to movie I've ever seen . . . and I've seen some bad ones

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
Struck21 said:
cept the only problem with your theory is they didn't change it from the time Adams died until it was released

so it's all Adam's doing

Nivag the Owl

Owl of Hyper-Intelligence
Oct 29, 2008
No way was Clockwork Orange a good adaption! When he has sex with those two willing and legal girls, in the book, it's two little girls and it's rape. The book is a lot more graphic and disgusting and although the film sort of is, it doesn't do much justice to the book.

traceur_

Feb 19, 2009
the da vinci code's transition from book to movie was ok, the harry potter books transition was shit

m.myers

Mar 14, 2009
i thought the book and film cujo was very good. and lord of the rings was excellent my fav trilogy