Good stealth/undercover games.

ImForReal

Sep 7, 2009
What is your favourite stealth/undercover-game of all time?
I haven't played a good one in ages and I was hoping to get a few tips from you guys.

My favourite would have to be Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow.
I also liked the sneaky "flash-back" part of CoD4.

Apr 28, 2008
Well, the Thief games of course.

But other than that, I liked the Tenchu games on the PS2. Those were fun, especially when playing against friends.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
the first couple of Tenchu's but my personal favorite would be the Hitman series and from that series i'd recommend the third install on the Ps2 Blood Money.

Edit: Damn you Dominic damn you for ninja'ing me

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
Well, I haven't got any recommendations for you, I'm afraid, but I'm particularly fond of the Splinter Cell series, and as you say; the Ghillie mission in Call of Duty 4 was excellent.

Skratt

Dec 20, 2008
I liked No One Lives Forever. I never played thief, but always wanted to.

Zacharine

Apr 17, 2009
Thief II: The Metal Age. The game that did stealth properly and magnicifiently. It is yet to be surpassed, in my humble opinion.

In expert difficulty, common objectives for any mission are 'Do not kill anyone.' or 'do not kill non-combatants (ie. you are allowed to kill guards only')

Interference

Feb 14, 2010
SakSak said:
Thief II: The Metal Age. The game that did stealth properly and magnicifiently. It is yet to be surpassed, in my humble opinion.

In expert difficulty, common objectives for any mission are 'Do not kill anyone.' or 'do not kill non-combatants (ie. you are allowed to kill guards only')
Damn right. The only games that ever got difficulty levels and stealth completely and utterly right. A game where "Expert Difficulty" meant more challenge, rather than more hitpoints for the enemy and more frustration. Where ramping up the difficulty gave you more objectives. Where the shadows are your friend, light is your enemy and every situation has a dozen solutions thanks to massive levels and a broad arsenal of goodies to experiment with.

Thedutchjelle

Mar 31, 2009
Deus ex. It's possible to play the whole game (it's a shooter/RPG) without killing anyone.

And maybe STALKER, as it has a far better AI than deus ex so you'll die if you don't sneak.

Whippoorwill

Jan 24, 2010
For me , Splinter Cell 1 is the greatest stealth game ever. Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory was good to and the soon to be released Conviction looks like it may top both of those put together.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
For me:
1: Batman: Arkham Asylum
2: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
3: No One Lives Forever 2

Never played the Thief games, I wonder if they're really as ace as people say. Shame they're not on Steam.
Axolotl said:
Theif series. It's a pity the first 2 don't run on modern PC's.
Why not? I got Planescape: Torment to work, and that's from 1999.