Good stealth/undercover games.

ImForReal

Sep 7, 2009
Some great advice are coming in guys, awesome. I've heard of a few but some are new.
Though I wonder if there are any not so popular/"non-mainstream" games that has good, working stealth elements.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Hitman: Blood Money, most definitely. Best example of an undercover game.
Splinter Cell: Double Agent is excellent, too.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
dimensione510 said:
NOT Splinter cell: Double Agent. The regular levels are fun, I love the knife animation, but there are these levels in between where you have these shitty time limits, annoying objectives, and you are forced into moving at a certain speed. Also, you have to platform. Fucking platforming in a Splinter cell game. It's also super framey and glitchy.
You mean the JBA levels? Alright, those are a pain in the ass.
Can't rememver any platforming, though. And no glitching.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Splinter Cell/Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.

I can never decide which I prefer.

Pandora Tomorrow wasn't particularly good (compared to the others) though - I'm disappointed in your choice.

bassdrum said:
I'm a Splinter Cell guy, personally. Unlike every other SC fan on the planet (or so it seems), I'm actually really excited for Conviction.
FINALLY!

SOMEONE WHO ISN'T A WHINEY ***** ABOUT A SLIGHT CHANGE IN DIRECTION WHO THEREFORE DECIDES TO MAKE UP "FACTS" ABOUT A GAME NO ONE HAS PLAYED YET!

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHH!!!

[small]I could hug you.[/small]

Ahem.

I think it could easily be the best yet.

Citrus

Apr 25, 2008
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory has been my favourite stealth game since it came out.

I love all of the stealth segments in Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2, too. They're my favourite parts of the games, in fact. "All Ghillied Up" is still my favourite. Too bad the whole games aren't like that; a modern-era FPS stealth game would be awesome.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Journeythroughhell said:
dimensione510 said:
NOT Splinter cell: Double Agent. The regular levels are fun, I love the knife animation, but there are these levels in between where you have these shitty time limits, annoying objectives, and you are forced into moving at a certain speed. Also, you have to platform. Fucking platforming in a Splinter cell game. It's also super framey and glitchy.

In one of those levels there was an obstacle course where you had to jump over lasers.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
dimensione510 said:
Journeythroughhell said:
dimensione510 said:

In one of those levels there was an obstacle course where you had to jump over lasers.
Well, that wasn't too hard, I think.

Baradiel

Mar 4, 2009
Splinter Cell, obviously.

Hitman is also pretty good. Its a different style, more of a social-stealth genre, but an amazing series anyway.

Can't say Thief. I got the triple pack (Gold, Metal Age and Deadly Shadows) and could not get into it. It was just so dull and boring. I love stealth games, and Thief was alright. But it was possibly the worst set of stealth games I've played.

Sorry Thief Fanboys.

Straz

Jan 10, 2010
ImForReal said:
Some great advice are coming in guys, awesome. I've heard of a few but some are new.
Though I wonder if there are any not so popular/"non-mainstream" games that has good, working stealth elements.
Yahtzee's Art of Theft?
Considering it's free, you should check it.
I enjoyed it.

Baradiel

Mar 4, 2009
Journeythroughhell said:
dimensione510 said:
Can't say I liked the JBA missions as much, but I understand why Ubisoft put them in. The previous games were pretty much the same, and there were complaints for more variation in the levels.

Cannot wait for Conviction though!

Code_Red

Jun 25, 2009
The Splinter Cell series are my favourite stealth games.I can't wait for Conviction to be released.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Baradiel said:
Can't say I liked the JBA missions as much, but I understand why Ubisoft put them in. The previous games were pretty much the same, and there were complaints for more variation in the levels.

Cannot wait for Conviction though!
Wait.... wha???

There were complaints for more variation so I had to play the same level 4 times. That doesn't make sense.

I'm scared of Conviction though. I have been waiting 3 years for this so I am scared that no matter what happens it will let me down.

OT: for me, my two favourite stealth games are Splinter Cell and Deus Ex. Both allowed freedom to approach things with your own ideas.

Jul 9, 2008
bassdrum said:
I'm a Splinter Cell guy, personally. Unlike every other SC fan on the planet (or so it seems), I'm actually really excited for Conviction.
You know, I wasn't excited at first. Then, I got over my fanboy-ness and played Double Agent with an open mind, and I have to say, it was a lot of fun. Not as good as Chaos Theory, and getting rid of the Light and Sound Meters (particularly the light one) was inexcusable, but it was real, solid fun. So now that I've seen that a change in direction is not all bad, I'm looking forward to Conviction.