Good stealth/undercover games.

eels05

Jun 11, 2009
I was always partial to the original Tenchu.
Blood spray like a hire hydrant,classic!

Guttural Engagement

Feb 17, 2010
My favorite stealth based game would EASILY have to be Splinter Cell:?????????? It's the one for the original xbox, in which the plot revolved around you trying to stop some guy from Burma from taking over the world with technology or some shit

anyone care to help me on the name?

TheGreenManalishi

May 22, 2008
sephiroth1991 said:
I'm going against the collective and saying MGS3 was a good stealth game.
MGS3 is the best stealth game. People put it down as more action than stealth because of the primarily jungle setting, but it opens up the stealth possibilities.

newguy77

Sep 28, 2008
dimensione510 said:
In one of those levels there was an obstacle course where you had to jump over lasers.
Weren't you supposed to carry an enemy through that area to disable the lasers as you went through? That might have been in a different one, my memory's a little fuzzy about those games.

OT: Yup, Splinter Cell. Only recently decided to get Conviction, partly because I liked the first four and this seems to just add features to an already fun game and partly because there's a rumor circulating that it will come with one of the MW2 type XBox bundles.

Guttural Engagement said:
My favorite stealth based game would EASILY have to be Splinter Cell:?????????? It's the one for the original xbox, in which the plot revolved around you trying to stop some guy from Burma from taking over the world with technology or some shit

Pandora Tomorrow?

Woodsey said:
SLIGHT CHANGE IN DIRECTION
I thought it looks a lot like the other ones. Are you talking about that one mission that they showed in 2007 or whatever where Sam was walking around D.C. attempting social stealth?

Baradiel

Mar 4, 2009
FoolKiller said:
Baradiel said:
Can't say I liked the JBA missions as much, but I understand why Ubisoft put them in. The previous games were pretty much the same, and there were complaints for more variation in the levels.

Cannot wait for Conviction though!
Wait.... wha???

There were complaints for more variation so I had to play the same level 4 times. That doesn't make sense.

I'm scared of Conviction though. I have been waiting 3 years for this so I am scared that no matter what happens it will let me down.

OT: for me, my two favourite stealth games are Splinter Cell and Deus Ex. Both allowed freedom to approach things with your own ideas.
They're there because they are completely different to the normal levels. Same with the trust system, its different from previous titles, which was the whole point.

Straz

Jan 10, 2010

please tell me you are joking, as this whole THREAD has pretty much revolved around that game.
CHAOS THEORY.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Straz said:

please tell me you are joking, as this whole THREAD has pretty much revolved around that game.
CHAOS THEORY.
Lol, gotta love a bit o' Chaos Theory and of course MGS 1.

Straz

Jan 10, 2010
SL33TBL1ND said:
Actually, to be honest, I have never actually played Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
Is it available for Xbox 360?
I was led to beleive that it was like a first generation 360 game.

Huupertti

Dec 3, 2009
Thief 3, I never played the first two games of the series but I always wanted to...

Kubanator

Dec 7, 2008
Straz said:
SL33TBL1ND said:
Straz said:
Actually, to be honest, I have never actually played Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
Original xbox. It was the pinnacle of the splinter cell series.

OT:

SC:CT
H:BM
Thief
MGS

Straz

Jan 10, 2010
Kubanator said:
Straz said:
SL33TBL1ND said:
Straz said:
Original xbox. It was the pinnacle of the splinter cell series.

OT:

SC:CT
H:BM
Thief
MGS
What I don't get is, how is AC really a stealth game?
It sorta.
Lacks.

Jovlo

May 12, 2008
Axolotl said:
Theif series. It's a pity the first 2 don't run on modern PC's.
I got them to work on my 'modern' pc anyhow. It seems the game can't run on a CPU with two cores or more.
To fix that, start the game, press ctrl alt del and open the task manager. Go to processes and right-click the thief process. Select 'set affinity' (or something like that, my pc runs in Dutch) and uncheck the box for one of your cores. After that the game runs fine normally.
You'll have to repeat that every time you want to play though.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
Assassin's Creed 2, if that counts.
More stealth was needed in the first one, but it wasn't as fun.

Straz

Jan 10, 2010
FreelanceButler said:
Assassin's Creed 2, if that counts.
More stealth was needed in the first one, but it wasn't as fun.
Mmmm...
They hardly constitute "Stealth" games.