Goodbye is Still Goodbye

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
Russ, you will be missed. Personally I love your views on games and gaming and I will miss your wry sense of humor. You brought a lot to The Escapist and I hope you can do the same in your future endeavours.

Dreadman75

Jul 6, 2011
I tip my hat to you sir. You will be missed. I've only been a member of this site for a short time but seeing what it became I can tell that The Escapist is losing a great man. Farewell and I hope the future finds you a someplace you are happy.

nklshaz

Nov 27, 2010
Sorry to see you go, Russ. Whatever you work on in the future, be sure to tell us so we can all check it out :)

easternflame

Cosmic Rays of Undeadly Fire
Nov 2, 2010
Good luck Russ, I will miss you. Have fun catching up with gaming's latest and greatest (Like Deus Ex for example).
Godspeed, I hope you keep having a fantastic career and that you can keep up being the badass that you are.
To one of my gaming greatest inspirations, thank you.
Sincerely, Xavier Peypoch.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
^^^^^This

Everything that's been said in this thread.

See you, cowboy.

Ride with your head held high.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
We salute you sir.

Thank you for your contribution to this site, and what this site has done for me.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gonna miss you. Good luck at whatever comes next.

Doom-Slayer

Ooooh...I has custom title.
Jul 18, 2009
Russ Pitts said:
Goodbye is Still Goodbye

After five years, six Webby Awards, two Streamy nominations, a G.A.N.G. Award nomination, two dozen video series, over 1,000 written articles, hundreds of millions of page views, quadruple digit percentage traffic growth and a Time Magazine ?50 Best Websites? mention, I have decided that it is time for me to move on to new adventures.

Read Full Article
I will honestly miss you Mr. Pitts, since hearing your opinions in the podcast have been some of the funniest and most interesting times Ive had here. Good luck for the future :)

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
It'll be sad with you gone Russ. It was fun to have you as editor and chief here. But now who will defend us if Kross decides to hijack the forum with the evil plans that I am as certain Kross has! How certain am I? I'm as certain as people were that Titanic wad unsinkable!
[sub]Sarcasm if you don't get it.[/sub]

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
Not gonna cry. Not gonna fucking cry.

We'll miss what you added to the site. It shall not be forgotten.

/Fingergun.

AwesomeExpress

Packages Delivered: 84 / 1900
Feb 4, 2010
Good bye Russ Pitts, may your finger always be at your side, ready to fire whenever you may need it during your next big adventure. I'll always remember the bit of acting you did, the articles you've writen, and the badges you inspired. Have a gooder!

Also, I might have to join twitter just to follow you now.

*cries*

Danzavare

Oct 17, 2010
Thank you for playing your part in making the Escapist what it is. I've been reading the Escapist for awhile now (Before I became a member). It's the only place that let's me hear/read about videogames as something significant and worthy of discussion. The Escapist has put 'Videogame journalism' right up there in the things that not only I want to read about, but also in the things that I feel are valuable to read. It sounds a tad silly, but in a place where videogames are dismissed as 'stupid fun' or 'child-play', it means a lot to me.

Thank you Mr Pitts.

That being said, I'm glad Mr Butts is stepping up to the role, he's one of my favourite people on the Escapist. :)