Goodbye is Still Goodbye

Myan

I Want to Go to There!
Dec 16, 2003
Hey I helped move you in, and I WON'T help move you out. So, now you have to stay! See!?

*stamps foot*

On a more serious note, Russ you've been a fantastic colleague to work with and have truly taken the magazine in a way that I wouldn't have thought possible when we started The Escapist. It will not be the same without you and you will be missed. Whatever you do in the future, one thing that's certain is that you will be fantastic at it. I and my fellow Escapist staff members salute you.

/fingergun salute

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
Farewell, Russ- all of luck to you in your future endeavors. Does this mean a return of the Game 'stache?

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Farewell, Russ.
I wish you well in whatever you decide to do next.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
So long, Russ. You've done well and this site wouldn't be what it is (or was at some point) without ya. Good luck in future endeavours.

I am still extremely mad about the Black Ops review, though. Grr...

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Russ Pitts said:
Goodbye is Still Goodbye

After five years, six Webby Awards, two Streamy nominations, a G.A.N.G. Award nomination, two dozen video series, over 1,000 written articles, hundreds of millions of page views, quadruple digit percentage traffic growth and a Time Magazine ?50 Best Websites? mention, I have decided that it is time for me to move on to new adventures.

Read Full Article
It will be weird not seeing any more articles by you, and not hearing you in the podcasts.

Good luck in whatever you do in the future. To give the the best send off I can think of, I'll leave that to The Doctor.

Have a fantastic life.

SaintWaldo

Interzone Vagabond
Jun 10, 2008
Russ, you gave us all so much. You did it for us and not for the money or the fame, although I'm sure you take stock of those boons on the regular. You're a personal hero of mine. You are emulatable. You're a mensch.

Best wishes! Take care of yourself and our gal!

You walk with the love of Saint Waldo.

intheweeds

Apr 6, 2011
I wish you the best in all of your future endeavors. I'll sure you will enjoy whatever comes next. No matter how much you love something, every time comes to an end and you will be greatly missed.

Now that that's out of the way:

It wouldn't be a proper Escapist send-off if I didn't say something negative about your style. So please take this as my kindhearted sendoff:

Please stop the /fingergun. It makes you look like a douche.

Good luck!

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
We'll miss you, Chief. We really will.
Remember to stop by the forums some time and say hi.

Good luck on your journey ahead.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
Goodbye good Sir.

I have enjoyed this mighty fine site very, very much these last few years.
Thanks man.

Hope you have success wherever you go from here.